SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

possibly the worst day of pearls and my life

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-08, 10:10 AM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy possibly the worst day of pearls and my life

the red is carpool lane and the blue is the lane i was in the officer said its ok to travel in a carpool lane with out any passengers when your in city limits and only for 300 feet which is what i should have done i never learned that in driving school

so this is "my side of the story" of what happened i was in the lane marked in blue because i didnt know i could be in a carpool lane without a passenger period and i looked back while moving forward a WHITE chevy was in the carpool but he turned off to the right and from the mans story he was in the same lane as me so as soon as i hit the intersection i looked back again checked blind spot and saw nothing when i was almost half way through the intersection (note i was already in the intersection so no point in stopping) i saw the light turn yellow so i speed up a little too around 40 and as soon as im through the intersection give the signal to get into the right lane im slowed down by now and im slowing down i was going to make the second right not the one with the arrow and all of the sudden boom i spin about 90 degrees and my back right tire hits the curb which i dont know if it stopped me but i poped in neutral so it wouldnt die it was kind of a reaction and and look and see a black jeep pull into the gas station i jumped out geting ready to yell my little self found the man in the jeep to be quite big and i was dumb founded i asked what happened he said i cut him off so i decided waiting for the cops was best no witnesses that stayed around surprisingly... but the cops said we were both at fault me because i COULD have traveled 300 feet in the carpool lane which i didnt know and him because he changed lanes in the middle of a intersection and ran a red light which the cameras will show but he denied doing. pretty much i wanted to know how much do you think it will cost? i have full coverage but people are saying they might just say its totaled... what are my options? i really wanted to keep my car accident free
Old 07-16-08, 10:12 AM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

just put that vvt-i badge on yesterday
Old 07-16-08, 10:29 AM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

mods please move thread please sorry i didnt notice classifieds
Old 07-16-08, 10:35 AM
RedSC
Pole Position

dam dude, that sucks, and just a couple days ago you were putting a lip on her. If anything, if you really like this car, you will tell the insurance to fix it, im sure they should cover it. After all we pay ridicolous amount of cash on insurance they BETTER fix it. If you decide to part her out i'd be glad to take some parts just pm me. Once again sorry about your loss.
Old 07-16-08, 10:40 AM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

I can't see the pictures as I am at work, but I am really sorry to hear this! That is total bull****, it sounds like its the Jeeps fault. You don't HAVE to drive in the carpool lane, **** that. As soon as someone makes a moving violation that causes you to do something unorthodox its generally their fault. I bet had you been driving a Kia it would have been all his fault.
Old 07-16-08, 11:15 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

no those sexy tails...OMG I feel your pain
Old 07-16-08, 11:18 AM
dinhNER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ouch ... .
Old 07-16-08, 01:44 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn, that sucks, also, I agree was Das, you don't HAVE to be in the car pool lane.
Old 07-16-08, 02:17 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

that sux dude, i wish people wouldnt change lanes in the middle of an intersection. its already a dangerous area.

just fyi, in my experiance when you have full coverage it generally doesnt matter who is at fault for you. your insurance will be affected the same either way because an "accident occured". either way your car will be fixed or totalled out. the blame game really only would come into play if they said it was your fault and you have liability.

even if they say its your fault and you argue your heart out and win, you will end up with the same rate increase and the same thing happening to your car.

thats the great thing about having full insurance. don't sweat it, they got your back. i would focus more on convincing your insurance to cut you a check and not total it if the frame is ok. cut out and replace the rear quarter along with the bumper and light.
Old 07-16-08, 02:36 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

damn that hurts to see.. good luck with everything
Old 07-16-08, 02:45 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

damn that sucks, but its fixable. the only thing i would worry about is how well the body shop can match that white.
Old 07-16-08, 03:08 PM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

dang..that hella sucks! im sorry..weren't u just in an accident before too? but not that bad? dang..im sorry to hear all that..hopefully everything goes okay after. so what do you plan on doing? keeping the car? selling it? or parting it out? id say keep it and fix it..otherwise..if you decide to part out..let me know..id be interested in those headlights and maybe that exhaust system
Old 07-16-08, 03:28 PM
KoSC300
Instructor

damn... a 99SC3 too. Good luck getting her fixed.
Old 07-16-08, 03:44 PM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
just fyi, in my experiance when you have full coverage it generally doesnt matter who is at fault for you. your insurance will be affected the same either way because an "accident occured". either way your car will be fixed or totalled out. the blame game really only would come into play if they said it was your fault and you have liability.
I am unsure what insurance company you use, but its totally opposite for me. If you get into a no-fault accident and the other parties insurance is billed, nothing happens to you. If you are ticketed for the accident, your insurance will go up accordingly.

I just totaled my car, and got double boned. Its all my fault, insurance paid for my total and I got a ticket...
Old 07-16-08, 03:51 PM
dAng_bAy
Lead Lap

Ouch, sucks that happened. Not really gonna be cheap because of the pearl white paint and parts of that rear quarter panel. If they total it and you still want the car, could always have that option to take the money and buy the car back for less and use the rest to repair it, but will give it a salvage record if it doesn't already...

Never knew you could be in the car pool lane for a little while even if you're the only person in the car? Maybe that's only in Washington I suppose... Common sense, you would think you're not allowed to be on a car pool lane unless you have more than one or you're on a motorcycle, because normally cops would pull you over and give you a ticket if you're by yourself in a car on that lane. Otherwise, you could argue with them that you was on it just for a little bit?

Circumstances are in the city is maybe to make a turn or during off hours if there's a time frame you can be on the car pool lane. Check your handbook and see if that's even possible?

A month back, I parked my car at a club and when I got out, find that some drunk bastard hit and ran. Took a good chunk off my front bumper and scraped part of the rear quarter panel... The repair on that was a $1000. Since then, I'm valet parking...

Last edited by dAng_bAy; 07-16-08 at 03:55 PM.

Quick Reply: possibly the worst day of pearls and my life