SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Can't get any sleep....

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-08, 02:30 AM
setsuna57
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't get any sleep....

so my windows are stuck down have been for a while the one night I don't stay up all night to watch my car someone decides to pop the doors open and try to steal stuff out of my car I can't keep this up lol it figures they tried to open everything in the car a cop flashed our window and my gf woke me up we go out there and the hoods open driver side doors open gas doors open trunk wont open from the cabin otherwise that porbably would be open too . lucky for me my sc400 isn't as nice as peoples scs on cl there ore they didn't steal jack just rifled through every thing im lucky they didnt find my check book. just thought I'd share my not so lucky wake up call just now.(chances are I'll find something missing when the sun comes up theres a short in the dome somewhere that prevents me from putting a fuse in . I should not be paying 8 k for a car this damaged i guess I was just blinded by the body. I love scs/soarers maybe im just not IN love with this one anymore. besides I found a high milage sc300 for about 5k that everything works in, plus its black on black well everyone have a good morning I'm off to sit outside and guard my crappy car until the sun comes up cheers!
Old 07-19-08, 02:35 AM
818sc400
Lead Lap

man that sucks.. put a pit bull in your car at nite! perfect alarm..lol
Old 07-19-08, 04:01 AM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

screw that- just hire neurocity to guard your SC- pay him with Yuengling and he will guard anything you want- and i mean anything-
Old 07-19-08, 04:33 AM
Methodical
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 818sc400
man that sucks.. put a pit bull in your car at nite! perfect alarm..lol
Lol!!! That's too funny!!! Kind of like that movie "Kiss of Death" when David Caruso goes to heist an suv and that crazy pit bull jumps up out of the seat and tries to bite his head off
Old 07-19-08, 04:57 AM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that. Luckily, it seems like they didn't get much or do much damage, thankfully. Criminals are so annoying and lame. Does your alarm work? I'd get your windows fixed first. Do you live in apartments? I had my car (Civic at the time) broken into twice when I lived in an apartment. Luckily now I'm in a house and have a garage for my SC.
Old 07-19-08, 08:44 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

where in TX are you? you can rent my Pit...she's very protective
Old 07-19-08, 12:19 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

or put a stick inside the doorpanal that will hold the window up =] hehe

get a gun as well...
Old 07-19-08, 12:54 PM
dinhNER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

take off your door panels and push your windows up ...
Old 07-19-08, 01:15 PM
setsuna57
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy

Originally Posted by SClean4
Sorry to hear that. Luckily, it seems like they didn't get much or do much damage, thankfully. Criminals are so annoying and lame. Does your alarm work? I'd get your windows fixed first. Do you live in apartments? I had my car (Civic at the time) broken into twice when I lived in an apartment. Luckily now I'm in a house and have a garage for my SC.
we live in apartments facing the road in fact we live right above th office we have 2 pitbulls btw but we had to leave them with friends due to the dog policy I dont think they would be good guard dogs anyway they are too goofy I too the door panel off and tried to push it up but I didn't know what the hell I was doing this is my first car so I'm learning how to work on cars little by little, so i just put the panel back together and said screw it my alarm doesnt work because....this car was broken into before I bought it from a place where someone got into it and stole everything out of it this is just an overpriced project car that I'm thinking of sending back. I've never seen a car that makes me smile like an sc though....
Old 07-19-08, 01:20 PM
setsuna57
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by turbodremz
where in TX are you? you can rent my Pit...she's very protective
denton which is nowhere near as bad as where im originally from ....I would have payed to have the window fixed asap if I still lived in south dallas most sc drivers around denton don't seem too friendly so I don't have anyone who shares my enthusiasm for the car except my gf...but she says she'd still rather have a supra(good luck to her on that one)
Old 07-19-08, 01:35 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn makes me feel lucky to have a garage. Hope everything works out
Old 07-19-08, 02:01 PM
redsc400
Pole Position

you know it takes less than a hour to take off the panels and manually prop up the windows w/ a stick or something.....?
Old 07-26-08, 02:03 PM
DiRocco
Driver School Candidate

When I fixed my windows with new regulators ($122 ea. at Lexus) I found that the previous owner had used hose clamps tightened around the slide channels to keep the windows up. Seemed to work for him, I think he said he had them in there for a couple of years! I couldn't stand it for the couple of weeks before I repaired them, much less than a couple of years. "Don't shoot officer, I have to open my door to talk with you since my window's broken!" LOL Of course, that was because the instrument cluster needles were fried when I bought it too! Gotta luv'em!
Old 07-26-08, 02:46 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 363 Likes on 231 Posts

Ok I don't do this, but I have before by accident..... In my area I've went to sleep with the windows down, sunroof open, wallet in the console with 500 or so bucks in it, stereo faceplate still on the radio, and key's sitting on the dash of the car. Not just the car keys.... ALL my keys on the key ring.

At least twice in 6 years I have been outside in my storage building rummaging through something and forgotten to walk back around and get everything out of my car and lock up. Not even a mosquito has came around my car in the 10 hours it sits out there every night and I am right in the middle of town with neighbors.

Moral of the story......... you need to move!
Old 07-26-08, 09:56 PM
Peter_95
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Ok I don't do this, but I have before by accident..... In my area I've went to sleep with the windows down, sunroof open, wallet in the console with 500 or so bucks in it, stereo faceplate still on the radio, and key's sitting on the dash of the car. Not just the car keys.... ALL my keys on the key ring.

At least twice in 6 years I have been outside in my storage building rummaging through something and forgotten to walk back around and get everything out of my car and lock up. Not even a mosquito has came around my car in the 10 hours it sits out there every night and I am right in the middle of town with neighbors.

Moral of the story......... you need to move!
woa... where do you live?
i live in a nice area too, but if i did that, i think someone would have at least taken the money =)

Quick Reply: Can't get any sleep....