SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Window stuck down, pass. side wont go down?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-08, 05:42 PM
empera
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window stuck down, pass. side wont go down?

i know we have issues with out driver side windows and getting stuck because of the cable snapping off the pulley?? either way before i start operation i wanna be sure this is the problem. When i do try to roll down the window the switch panel itself makes and noisy and i hear the door locks try to lock the doors? which i find very wierd also why isnt the passenger side not working...it should still work even if the driver side does not correct?

Please help me figure this out.

thanks,
-emp.
Old 07-22-08, 06:33 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have you checked for power going from the switch to the window regulator? or power going to the switch
Old 07-22-08, 07:22 PM
empera
Pole Position

no but i'll check it out.
Old 07-23-08, 03:49 AM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

oh pop open the driver side door and check to see whats going on too visually check it and that should give you a general idea if there is something mechanical going wrong and the check power would be for the passenger side
Old 07-28-08, 07:19 PM
empera
Pole Position

ok so i applied 12v to the motor today and it worked, got the window up. So its not the motor or actuator....and i have 1 driver side switches the do the same when i press the buttons....they make a buzzing noise and try to lock the doors???

any ideas??
Old 07-29-08, 03:11 AM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

hmm if i could see it or least hear the noise maybe i could get a good idea...is it like a whiring noise?? or a grinding noise?
Old 07-29-08, 09:14 PM
sOar.
Driver School Candidate

i have the same problem, its like a grinding buzzing noise. sometimes when i open the door, it works fine, but when i close it, i doesn't. I'm thinking one of the wires is loose or something wrong with the alternator?..
Old 07-30-08, 06:20 AM
redsc400
Pole Position

check the wiring harness that runs through the black conduit from the door to the car...its a little tricky to peel back but it can be done. if there are frayed wires in there - that may be your problem.
Old 07-30-08, 07:44 AM
KrazeMatik
Lexus Test Driver

check the wires going to that door... those wire then to get cut, and get worn..
Old 07-30-08, 11:22 AM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sOar.
i have the same problem, its like a grinding buzzing noise. sometimes when i open the door, it works fine, but when i close it, i doesn't. I'm thinking one of the wires is loose or something wrong with the alternator?..
if your refering to the door there is usually a little plastic gear inside the actuator thats slipping cuz the teeth are worn seen that happen quite a bit and would explain your door intermittently working
Old 08-22-08, 08:19 AM
RomanClint
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs down 94 SC400 Window Motor not turning

The motor when hot wired to battery works both forward and backwards. The window switch shows power to the motor but the motor won't work hooked up. Power going to motor but when the switch is thrown nothing happens but the motor works outside hooked to battery. Is the motor bad or what is going on?????

Have installed new regulator in door
Old 08-22-08, 09:18 AM
redsc400
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RomanClint
The motor when hot wired to battery works both forward and backwards. The window switch shows power to the motor but the motor won't work hooked up. Power going to motor but when the switch is thrown nothing happens but the motor works outside hooked to battery. Is the motor bad or what is going on?????

bad switch. try to clean off the contacts on it -they get gunked up sometimes. if it still doesnt work aliga should have part for you
Old 06-05-09, 11:09 PM
SpiderN9NE
Lead Lap

Post window

Originally Posted by RomanClint

just to make sure i tried this right. how is the hot wiring performed because i just unconnected the connector and ran pos and neg to the two wires and the switched but it just clicked. what gives? the window is stuck up by the way.
Old 07-08-09, 09:01 AM
Ramasc3
Driver School Candidate

OK, I'm in a bit of a rut:

The window motor died on my passenger window, so I tried to replace it. The door panel was easy to figure out, but I did not have a tool to unclamp the window from the regulator, so I replaced the door panel exactly as it was (no pulled wires, all harnesses where they're supposed to be), and jumped in the front seat, and for whatever reason pushed the buttons on my driver's side door, noticing that as in the first posters' post the window button for the driver's side would try to lock the doors, the button for the passenger window did nothing, and the door lock button made a weird grinding noise, and all the while my battery was getting noticeably weaker until it was finally drained of all power. I checked inside the black conduit for possible loose wires and did not notice any, on either side. I may have missed something, so it may be worth checking again, but does anyone else have any ideas? Should I remove the driver's side door panel too and check all the wires inside that panel. It should be noted that before this problem started, I hadn't experienced anything like it, just my passenger window not working at all, being loose and falling into my door, hence the attempted replacement of the window motor. HELP!!!!
Old 10-23-10, 12:57 PM
Devor
Pit Crew

the same prob is happening to me right now. My driverside window is down and now will not go up? The lock buttons work as well as the side mirrors what gives??? Is there a way to just jimmy wrig the windows power to make it roll up? I think there is no power going to the switch, the reg and the motor were both working great. Its gotta b the power going to the switch because the passanger side window wont go down from the driver side but it will from the passanger side

Quick Reply: Window stuck down, pass. side wont go down?