SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

electrical problems... checked all the fuses. use "search" and still nothing.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-08, 02:02 AM
papodotcom
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical problems... checked all the fuses. use "search" and still nothing.

is there any fuse i should be looking for, i mean ive pulled out ever single fuse from the driver side pannel, and every fuse from the engine pannel. here's my problem.

a while ago i was trying to wire up supra seats and not paying attention the neg and positive wire touched. there was a spark and ever since then i have not had power locks, or the ability to open the trunk from the cabin and or the gas lid. am i missing something? can some one lead me in the right direction?

after rewireing the seats [still no power from anything.] my radio stopped working, i replaced the 20 fuse in the engine bay, and like i mentioned before i checked all the fuses in the cabin pannel and nothing. could it be that there is a ground cable that is not attched well if so.. where should i be looking for it..

-papo
Old 07-25-08, 02:33 AM
deruvian
Driver

Have you checked the "large" fuses in the fuse box in the engine bay? Letting an arc like that occur is likely to blow one of those.

You can test them most thoroughly by checking the circuit continuity between the two sides of the copper plate that they attach to (try unclipping the white fuse receivers in the fuse box and lifting one of them out, you'll see the plate I'm talking about).
Old 07-25-08, 03:09 AM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should check for power going to the unit as well if there is power going to the fuse and the fuse is good for all you know you could of fried the wire and melted it
Old 07-25-08, 10:04 AM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

relay is fried
Old 07-25-08, 01:21 PM
papodotcom
Driver

how can i check this or fix it?
Old 07-26-08, 08:44 AM
papodotcom
Driver

bumpppppppp.
Old 07-28-08, 12:50 AM
menty
Lead Lap

O, Iv got this problem too now, trying to swap my supra seats in.
Not good
Old 07-28-08, 01:07 AM
menty
Lead Lap

Mate
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...se#post1079156

have you checked the fuses in the engine bay?
Old 07-28-08, 08:24 AM
papodotcom
Driver

yes i checked all of the fuses one by one. pulled them out and looked, still nothing the ones in the engine bay and the ones in the driver side panel. a wired hing tha happens at least i hink its wired when i click the button to pop the trunk.. it makes a click sound somewhere under the steering colum and its the same with the locks. i really have no idea what it is. the seats work, just everything else doesnt.
Old 07-28-08, 08:38 AM
turbosw20
Pole Position

Hey i had the same problem and my wire for the trunk and the gas lid were on the same harness.Get the 12v that you have from the seats and touch it to some of the wires thats are in the harness from the car.Thats what i had to do till i got everything to work your fuses are ok its just you need those 12v to that wire... hope that helps!

kevin
Old 07-28-08, 10:33 AM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

that sounds scary just touch some wires in the harness.....but a wiring diagram of the harness woud prolly be helpful and if there is a 12v power wire needed then check the pinouts to find it to tap into the harness sounds like multimeter time to me to start checking
Old 07-28-08, 02:45 PM
menty
Lead Lap

I had a look yesterday.
The DOOR fuse is blown. It is joined to the central locking, seats, boot and fuel flap release.

Will be replacing it today.
Its a square,pink 30A fuse in the drivers door panel. (bottom right one in the JDM models)
Old 07-31-08, 01:25 AM
papodotcom
Driver

right bottom fuse? correct? im going to check , it's one of the larher fuses on the bottom of the cabin panel? how do you check it its blown? the same as the smaller ones? pull it out? or is there an other way.
Old 07-31-08, 09:30 AM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

if that doesn't work, which I hope it does.

roll down your window and then lock the car and close the door.
open it a bit later(not sure if there is a time delay necessary) by reaching in the window, unlocking and opening it.
normally this triggers off the alarm, if it doesn't you have a different problem i believe.
Old 07-31-08, 12:09 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

ll easiest way to check a blown fuse is using a power probe kinda like a multimeter you can use either of those to check fuses

Quick Reply: electrical problems... checked all the fuses. use "search" and still nothing.