Evans Tuning SC300?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-08, 09:09 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshFSM
We have built one or two cars of that caliber

We were contracted to build the green car for Ben, and it is definitely one of our favorite customer cars to date. Its a shame he whisked it away to Cali before we could do some passes out here, but thats how it goes. The silver car was sold to its original owner who in turn had to get out of it and dumped it on ebay. It made me sick he could monly get 18,500 for it, I should have helped him market it better.

Right now we are doing a nasty second gen GS...NA-T, 6spd, Fuel, EMS, etc...We are toying with putting a 2J into my E39 Five Series as well, so be on the lookout for that.

Josh@FSM

PS: That porsche needs to ditch them red wheelzz
Funny you bring that up, not 2 months ago while browsing ebay looking at E39's trying to see any nice M5's I ran across a E39 with a 2jzgte with R154 5spd... first I read the description thinking it was fake, but there were lots of pics to prove.

EDIT: here it is, im pretty sure this is the one I saw on ebay months ago:
http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...d-2jz-gte.html

Last edited by 97-SC300; 09-17-08 at 09:13 AM.
Old 09-17-08, 12:40 PM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey, Congrats!
you found the company that Ripped ME OFF this summer.

No clue that the FSM SC300 was there, my friend with an evo 9 mr recommended them, and since they deal HKS i decided to give them a try.
I did my usual, ordered via-phone...especially since I was just getting replacement Air Filter Elemented for the year (in purple).
They essentially charged me for two, and then claimed i ordered one for a price like no other on the internet. I don't think I could have paid this much for one without TRYING to get raped.
Even when trying to talk it over w/ the owners, I was being blamed for lying, because the person who took my order is a cousin or something like that...
And my Credit Card wouldn't let me cancel, because I had to get a receipt, so when I finally got one from them...what do you know! Extra Shipping charges And cost to the ONE filter so that I can't cancel my payment either.
Returning - Not an option because shipping (>50% of the cost) was nonrefundable.
Old 09-17-08, 04:01 PM
Dan@FSM
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Con, who are you referring to in your post? Im fairly sure it wasnt us because we dont rip people off and certainly dont give our customers a hard time.

Are you meaning evans tuning? They are a great place to deal with, and im sure there must have been some kind of miscommunication. If they gipped ya, its the first time ive heard of anything like that happening.

Josh@FSM
Old 09-17-08, 06:51 PM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Evans tuning is who i was referring to.

And trust me, it happened. My friend who recommended me couldn't believe they treated me like an alien either.

Would you EVER pay $55 for a single HKS 200mm Filter ELEMENT.(just the 3-5k replacement, not the whole assembly)?
I explained to them I was looking for a semi-local place I could regularly order from, and they worked out a cost for me which essentially matched good online vendors 20 for the filter, and 15-20shipping, with two not mattering because they both fit in an envelope.
Old 09-19-08, 12:54 AM
jesod
Pole Position

Hey guys, I bought FSM's SC300. The Engine, drivetrain and tune is second to none. As I was considering buying the car, I called Josh up and he talked to me about the car for about 30 minutes. Seems like they do it right at FSM. That's when I decided to pull the trigger on the purchase. For the price, it was just too good of a deal to pass up. I could almost add up the components in the Engine bay and the 6-speed not to mention all of the hard work Josh and the boys put into the car and see that the purchase price was well worth it. Just got it a few days ago so I'm still learning the ropes. Obviously this is the most powerful car I've driven.
Old 09-19-08, 05:57 AM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

congrats on your purchase. That car is teh sex.
Old 09-19-08, 12:42 PM
jesod
Pole Position

Thanks, I can tell a lot of time, effort and skill has been put into this car.
Old 09-19-08, 01:19 PM
SC300_704
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^ show us some vid of you beating on some cars...
Old 09-23-08, 09:07 PM
Dan@FSM
Driver

Originally Posted by jesod
Thanks, I can tell a lot of time, effort and skill has been put into this car.

Thanks for the kind words! Looks as if your other Lexus is a beast of a totally different nature.......now you have the best of both worlds!!

And yes, lots of time, effort, and skill has been put into this car. Along with a lot of R&D.
We've succesfully designed and tested our own intake manifold on this car which has proven itself time and time again and created a great opportunity for us to provide a great performance part to the NA/T crowd.
Also did quite a bit of testing on the Carbonetic carbon triple disk with this car as well.....it held up to everything we could throw at it. Not only that but we worked with and tested Competition Clutch's stages 4&5 with great success too.
This was also the first NA/T car that utilized the Full Race equal length divided collector/split flange turbo manifold which we worked with FR on....truely a masterpiece in design and of the highest performance as far as flow and fluid dynamics are concerned.
Last but not least we have AFAIK cracked the record for highest whp with a bone stock motor sans headgasket/studs. Everthing us under the valve covers was completed stock and well used with mileage on that motor being in excess of 160,000 miles on a junk yard motor. 700.1whp with video proof to boot
Just goes to show that dedication and the right mix of part along with research will create a superb setup.

Congrats on your purchase, the car will surely be missed! But we will forge on.....who knows, maybe a certain 1G GS300 will come out of our facility flossing some more FSM designed products and take it to the next level