Old 08-08-08, 09:33 AM
SoarerAZ
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 08-08-08, 09:40 AM
raceonusa
Former Vendor

wow, that black car was Photoshopped with the unpainted target bumper? That really looks painted. That's a really good photoshop, how did you make it look shiny?
Old 08-08-08, 09:51 AM
LexusFTW
Lexus Test Driver

Guys, just be glad there's a company out there making aftermarket body parts for our beloved SCs. Great job RaceOnUSA!
Old 08-08-08, 11:54 AM
_XpLiCiT_
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexusFTW
Guys, just be glad there's a company out there making aftermarket body parts for our beloved SCs. Great job RaceOnUSA!
Took the words right outta my mouth.
Old 08-08-08, 01:21 PM
VGnomore
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stop making knock-offs!! Hows that for a suggestion? People who dont know that and all of the rest from them are knock-offs are probably the same people who think TSW is the best wheel company ever because they saw it on Midnight Club racing! Sorry but somebody had to say it.
Old 08-08-08, 01:29 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I too think it just looks like an Origin kit with a bigger opening...but at least someone is trying to make kits for our cars to be fair.
Old 08-08-08, 02:19 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by raceonusa
wow, that black car was Photoshopped with the unpainted target bumper? That really looks painted. That's a really good photoshop, how did you make it look shiny?
lol, sorry the accessories are photoshoped, the fogs, grill... I actually painted the bumper but i have done photoshops with shinyess and it takes awhile.
Old 08-08-08, 02:31 PM
raceonusa
Former Vendor

We will have some more clean styles coming in next month and a half, the pictures are already on the site. The (Sard, Balsinari and Wise Type-4 styles) I believe. We'll also be experimenting with some interior pieces in carbon fiber, I'll post pictures once we complete them.
Old 08-08-08, 04:19 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexusFTW
If they are not going to do it right , don't do it at all !
Plus how can you be proud of copying some other companies designs.
Old 08-08-08, 04:39 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

look at the stock styles companies have been copying that. They do it becuase they see that there could be way of improvement.
Old 08-09-08, 06:27 AM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you kidding me... didn't you JUST buy a lip, not really a KIT ?
their are plenty of authentic companies making parts for SC's We DO NOT need any more horrible quality knock offs. I have a Raceone Front bumper and I have a REAL JIC on order because this cheap knock off is a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy. Waving, bubbles in the fiberglass, warped and the oem connection points over filler with glass to to point where you can only use wire ties.
Old 08-09-08, 11:08 AM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Guys theres no point in bickering about knockoffs...it's been done a million times before.

There will always be people that will buy knockoffs and always people that say to go authentic. When it comes down to it

"YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!"

If you are content with the quality of a knockoff kit then by all means go ahead and run one, but don't try and pass it off as authentic.

Authentic stuff takes time to get...some people don't have the patience to wait, or are just poor...like me.
Old 08-09-08, 11:29 AM
raceonusa
Former Vendor

First of all it's not a copy of a copy of a copy, we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot if we did that, so we always get the original part. Second of all , we've sold many of these bumpers, all of which fit fine and come from the same mold, you can search this forum we have a customer with the same bumper who says that the fitment is excellent.

Yes, you will have to prep the bumper, just like you would any Japanese bumper, in some cases you might have to do some extra fiberglass work, which most people would find to be more practical than spend another $1500+ and wait extra 2 months to get the original. Especially when the original kit can cost more than the car. Sometimes if you can't find an importer that ships these kits by container, you have to pay for shipping. Freightquote.com rates shipping from Osaka Japan to the Los Angeles port at $977.31, then inland shipping within the US is anywhere from $140-225.

Are you doing the fiberglass work yourself? Sometimes what looks like a lot of work isn't so, if you take it to an experienced custom shop that works on fiberglass bodies.

Also, I think some of the parts we make aren't even in production by the original companies.

Last edited by raceonusa; 08-10-08 at 08:23 AM.
Old 08-09-08, 02:08 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im not about to get into the knockoff vs. authentic debate as I have no experience with either, but I will say that I bet it hurts alot less to crack a knockoff bumper than the real thing...
Old 08-10-08, 05:12 AM
jdmjzz30
Lead Lap

Modified Origin Kit! nuff said

Quick Reply: Largest FMIC opening body kit.. Type-350b