SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What interior piece would you like in Carbon Fiber?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-08, 07:43 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ420a
Man, your terrible fitment company tried this over on 240 forums and people gave you ideas for a full 7 months so far and yet to hear anything from you guys. Now you try coming here? Dont waste these guys time, myself plus alot of other people I know have made the mistake of purchasing your products and had to find out the hard way that IT DOESNT FIT!!

Good day sir, I said good day

http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=107557

EDIT: I will thank you guys for one thing..you pushed me into making my own CF and FRP parts and now I get comments that my shiz looks better than yours......so thank you

Originally Posted by LexusFTW
Raceon, seriously man, don't waste your time on here. SC kids are the worst when it comes to commitment. They say they'll buy it now, but when you actually do come out with a product, the buyers aren't anywhere to be found. Good luck though.

For you two and the others that hate RaceOnUSA, sorry that your guy's stuff never fitted right i don't see how that happend. Everything that i've bought from them has fit perfect. They do say have professionals install them, Usually kits come with guide marks yet i have yet to follow them. From RaceOnUSA to Origin they are not exact. Just like who builds the motor or trans is how good it is not the parts.
Old 08-12-08, 07:55 PM
DJ420a
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CThompsen
For you two and the others that hate RaceOnUSA, sorry that your guy's stuff never fitted right i don't see how that happend. Everything that i've bought from them has fit perfect. They do say have professionals install them, Usually kits come with guide marks yet i have yet to follow them. From RaceOnUSA to Origin they are not exact. Just like who builds the motor or trans is how good it is not the parts.
Glad to hear man, atleast you didnt waste your hard earned cash. As for mine, Ive been in autobody for 10 years and Ive install kits from A-Z atleast once. These guys products are one of the worst I had to work with.

If any of you buy FRP from these guys, please take my advice and have your parts baked to reveal any air bubbles in the fiberglass before you start anything or your going to end up very upset.
Old 08-12-08, 10:01 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

replacement for any wood pieces, door panel rear side panel... arm rest and center console, dash id buy right now... mirrors? just to name a few
Old 08-12-08, 11:09 PM
Slow Motio
Driver School Candidate

Replacement is always better....plus it would most definately sell.
Old 08-12-08, 11:12 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChronoJ1
no one will buy it.
i'd buy both door panels if they made it had it on the supra how about a carbon fiber cover for the rear seats
Old 08-13-08, 12:08 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i want a panel to do a sunroof delete kit. basically remove the sunroof assembly and install a CF piece to cover the sunroof hole. it would be really easy to make. i have an extra sunroof glass you can have for a donor piece.

i want to lose that extra weight because i want to go tracking and i dont use the sunroof at all.
Old 08-13-08, 04:33 AM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cbrasian
i'd buy both door panels if they made it had it on the supra how about a carbon fiber cover for the rear seats
There was another company that made a set, which retailed for over 2000 dollars.

I doubt that one was sold.

If you have the commitment to put down 2000 dollars, more power to you. But what kind of company would put in the money and time to sell a couple a year.
Old 08-13-08, 05:55 AM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Make full rear-seat delete panels, and full door panel deletes!!!
If you build it, they will buy.
Maximize the go, and will put on a show.

***The SC is heavy, and needs your help! CF replacement/deletes are where it's at, and FUNCTIONAL***
Old 08-13-08, 08:51 AM
raceonusa
Former Vendor

Smile

Man, your terrible fitment company tried this over on 240 forums and people gave you ideas for a full 7 months so far and yet to hear anything from you guys. Now you try coming here? Dont waste these guys time, myself plus alot of other people I know have made the mistake of purchasing your products and had to find out the hard way that IT DOESNT FIT!!

EDIT: I will thank you guys for one thing..you pushed me into making my own CF and FRP parts and now I get comments that my shiz looks better than yours......so thank you
So let me get this straight, our parts "don't fit"... yet you're furious that we didn't make parts for your 240sx from your suggestions for 7 months. Hmmm?

Your "shiz looks better than ours", that's great, do you have your own spray booth that you use to layup carbon dust free like we do? Do you have pictures to back up anything you're talking about? We have the most pictures of our products than any other body kit company in the world on our website. You can see the quality of our carbon and fiberglass parts on our site.

The reason we took suggestions and didn't make anything, because we didn't have enough workers here making carbon on site. We just hired and trained another worker so now we have some more time to make carbon parts. As for fiberglass parts for the 240sx we make more than any other manufacturer. Also, some suggestions for parts for the 240sx would take a significant amount of time tooling which we just didn't have manpower for at the time. I also own a SC300 so it makes more sense for me to use my car instead of borrowing a customer's 240sx. Once we are comfortable making parts for the SC interior, then we can expand into 240's etc...

Last edited by raceonusa; 08-13-08 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-13-08, 09:12 AM
Lex-Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ChronoJ1
no one will buy it.
I would, along with other SC owners who are building drift SC's. We all know our cars need to go on a diet, and if they don't make it, then they defintely won't sell them. In all business it's hit or miss, but you gotta try.

Raceon, seriously man, don't waste your time on here. SC kids are the worst when it comes to commitment. They say they'll buy it now, but when you actually do come out with a product, the buyers aren't anywhere to be found. Good luck though.
"Honda"... "Kids" are the worst, for starters, and we're grown.

Glad to hear man, atleast you didnt waste your hard earned cash. As for mine, Ive been in autobody for 10 years and Ive install kits from A-Z atleast once. These guys products are one of the worst I had to work with.

If any of you buy FRP from these guys, please take my advice and have your parts baked to reveal any air bubbles in the fiberglass before you start anything or your going to end up very upset.
10 years in auto body you should know that you can put a kit on one car and it will fit fine, put it on another of the same type of car and it won't fit. I'm in the fashion industry and I sell garments ranging from $5000-$100,000 and some times they need alterations. So get over it, and do what you do best, make it fit.

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
i want a panel to do a sunroof delete kit. basically remove the sunroof assembly and install a CF piece to cover the sunroof hole. it would be really easy to make. i have an extra sunroof glass you can have for a donor piece.

i want to lose that extra weight because i want to go tracking and i dont use the sunroof at all.
That's what i'm talking about!

Originally Posted by raceonusa
So let me get this straight, our parts "don't fit"... yet you're furious that we didn't make parts for your 240sx from your suggestions for 7 months. Hmmm?

Your "shiz looks better than ours", that's great, do you have your own spray booth that you use to layup carbon dust free like we do? Do you have pictures to back up anything you're talking about? We have the most pictures of our products than any other body kit company in the world on our website. You can see the quality of our carbon and fiberglass parts on our site.

The reason we took suggestions and didn't make anything, because we didn't have enough workers here making carbon on site. We just hired and trained another worker so now we have some more time to make carbon parts. As for fiberglass parts for the 240sx we make more than any other manufacturer. Also, some suggestions for parts for the 240sx would take a significant amount of time tooling which we just didn't have manpower for at the time.
Like I said, i'll buy them and you should think about rear diffusers also.
Old 08-13-08, 09:13 AM
Cash Man
Driver School Candidate

So are you done with my interior pieces yet?

Old 08-13-08, 09:34 AM
DoriSaru15
Lead Lap

RACEONUSA is a pretty good company compared to others I got my diffuser and fender flares for my 240 from them and am pretty happy. (i can say is that there carbon is pretty strong from all the abuse in driftdays) basically i have a thing when buying parts ( You get what you pay for)

heres my 240 with the raceonusa difusser

Raceonusa can you guys make dry carbon hoods and truck for our SC????
Old 08-13-08, 09:54 AM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

What is this FRP talk? I dont know about you but I thought this thread was mainly to create interest on some carbon fiber interior pieces for the SC. If their body parts do not fit for what ever reason, take it to the Aeroparts Fitment sticky. A wood dash kit is totally different than a front bumper. Lets stay on topic please.

Originally Posted by CThompsen
Agreed.

I would personally like to see a carbon dash kit made for the SC professionally. I was going to do this myself but did not want to waste the money on materials just so I can mess it up. Also a carbon pillar for the door would be a good idea also.

Last edited by JspecSC3; 08-13-08 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-13-08, 10:12 AM
raceonusa
Former Vendor

Raceonusa can you guys make dry carbon hoods and truck for our SC????
Sorry, we cannot manufacture dry carbon at this time.

The molds we use for carbon fiber can also be used for frp, so anything we make in carbon will also exist in FRP, just incase you are interested in a FRP version.

So are you done with my interior pieces yet?
hehe, haven't started yet, but I will be taking them off the SC this weekend.
Old 08-13-08, 10:23 AM
LexusFTW
Lexus Test Driver

My post wasnt anything about fitment...It was about how Raceon shouldn't waste his time trying to produce something that won't sell.

Quick Reply: What interior piece would you like in Carbon Fiber?