Racer

Received 56 Likes on 13 Posts

Looking good.
Old 10-06-08, 12:46 PM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rvaquino
Whats the gauge pod for if its not boosted?
HA! Thats probably new fav quote from CL.

O yeah and you should boost it op.
Old 10-07-08, 05:23 AM
YARDMAN22
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love them headlights im getting some as soon as im done gettin my car running cuz mine are cloudy and old
Old 10-07-08, 09:10 PM
bloodredSC
Rookie

can you post a pic with your lights on? where did you get those led city lights? and whats with the camry glove box cupholder??
Old 10-08-08, 10:08 AM
VJZ
Lead Lap

Yep.

Gauge pod was just an experiment to see how it looked.

At the time, I was inches away from having the car boosted. Right now its a volt meter and OPG. I pulled those out of my Challenger when in inherited it to convert it back to stock. So, for the week leading up to my appointment to get help with the boosting, I had an empty pod. Now more or less, I'm waiting to put in my other A pillar trim I have.

And then a tornado hit my town and banged my house around. Its one of those things that is on the list to remove because the turbo project won't be happening for the foreseeable future.

I've been getting tons of questions about the headlights. The OEM purists, to me, are the ones with money to burn, so OEM probably is a better option to those with a larger pocket book. Had I had money, I would have OEM lights.

But then again, I REALLY like these now that they are installed. I can't tell you how many people compliment them; even those that aren't even car savvy.

I'll admit, I was skeptical after reading the problems shaitaan had with his. I asked myself: Will I get screwed? Will they leak? Are they brighter?

I did not know. I figured, for the good of everyone else that was curious, I would bite the bullet. I'm glad I did.

I'll tell you that I did NEED headlights. At the time, my Pacifica was in the repair shop getting fixed from an accident (other party at fault, but no insurance...gotta love drunks and scum bags). I was driving the SC daily and my OEM lights looked and functioned worse than any car I have ever had the privilege of driving. I needed a driver side one last year, and I got that and it leaked, so I fixed it...but it never sealed right. And then, the aiming broke right before my reseal job. The passenger side on aimed off toward the deer in our Hoosier corn fields. The high beams were okay...except for the fact that only one screw on each of them were holding the lights in place still.

So in short, I needed all four. I wasn't about to spend nearly $600 on low beams assemblies alone (because I wanted NEW not used).

Had I been in the financial situation I was about a year and a half ago, I would have already had this puppy boosted and probably by now 2000 spec'd with my own flair.

I can be up front. I haven't had a mortgage yet. I inherited a large sum of Exxon Mobil stock from my great grandparents and was able to build a 3,200 sqft house on three acres (Might I add that I had my high school home building/carpentry internship class build it. We had friends that did the same about 15 years ago. I was not worried about craftsmanship). I had the nice house and a fantastic pole barn that was climate controlled (which is where my uncle's Challenger that I received is now kept for the time being).

Now, the house and main garage are finally getting back in place, and I should be back in my house before the Holiday season...first of the year at the latest. Starting fall semester of 2009 I will be a full-time professor at a local college, so my pay will substantially increase, but there's other things I want to do as well--like travel.

Anyway, now that you know a little more about my situation and reasoning for odd stuff on my car that makes you say WTF? Here is some more info.

The Camry cup holder was this idea: I had a single DIN head unit with a football field's worth of space under it, so I was going to have a pop out. The Camry one didn't fit, so I decided it was either find a way to use it or dump it. My friend and my mechanic were sitting around trying to figure this out while throwing back a few brewski's and a couple cigars when I said...HEY how about in the freakin glove box?!?!?! So we did it, and it works great. Odd and out of place for convenience, but if you're making a DQ run for your niece and nephew like I was it is SOOOO handy. I came across a parts car (don't have it don't ask) a while back from my neighbor who wrecked his and I now have the dash flip out one.

I have tons of other things that I will have pictures for later today or so.

The LED's are from superbrightLEDs.com but ordered through one of my best friends who owns the CarQuest in the next town over.

Keep the questions coming, I'm more than happy to answer and give advice.
Old 10-08-08, 11:22 AM
Black_SC
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rvaquino
Whats the gauge pod for if its not boosted?
outside air temp and wind pressure????
Old 10-08-08, 05:52 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

dude, if you airbag comes out that lexus emblem is gonna fly at your face. ull have a nice lexus on your face.. be careful or take it off lol
Old 10-09-08, 10:38 AM
VJZ
Lead Lap

Have you ever seen a One of those air bags go off? It goes around the circle L.

If the bag deploys its going to aim down
Old 10-10-08, 06:46 AM
Carbon J
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sc300fives
dude, if you airbag comes out that lexus emblem is gonna fly at your face. ull have a nice lexus on your face.. be careful or take it off lol
I was concerned about this also, but he says it's aimed down. So I guess he'll just have an L tated to his chest.
Old 10-10-08, 12:15 PM
VJZ
Lead Lap

Ah...typical CL flaming.

Love it...LOVE IT!
Old 11-26-08, 11:47 PM
VJZ
Lead Lap

After the holiday weekend this week I will have newer pictures up of how the car looks!
Old 11-26-08, 11:56 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

You should really boost the car, and buy some huge expensive wheels to really set it off- thats what I would do anyway-
Old 11-27-08, 01:22 AM
Peter_95
Lexus Champion

first few pics too small.... haha, but nice interior... looks almost as nice as mine =)
Old 11-27-08, 07:10 AM
rwdanthony
Lexus Champion

not bad, looks good. but also +1 for boost
Old 11-27-08, 08:54 AM
pasionm
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn bring the wheels back to the shop who balanced them.... Stick on weights should of been used. Those hammered on weights just dont do justice for your wheels.

Quick Reply: Perhaps its time to post pics