SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Perhaps its time to post pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-09, 12:32 PM
VJZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright all.

I'm going to throw a few pics up on here to show progress.

The car is basically the same as before.

Except, the rim spokes were painted black.

As of this weekend, I have poly rear sway bar bushings AND Espelir ASD's.

It rides nicely and handles much better.

This pictures is as the car sat before being put into the garage for the winter:

I am going to be redoing the black out chrome trim once the weater warms up.

The gauge pod is out.

I have a gated shifter swap ready to go, just trying to figure out how to do it with a slightly cut harness.

I've also got a 2000 SC Homelink Visor.

I guess thats about it for now.
Old 02-24-09, 12:38 PM
VJZ
Lead Lap

I'm excited to see how the rims will fit with the new lowering of the car.

And to those who have previously commented on boosting it.

I don't want to. I don't have a need for speed. I don't run my car at a strip, I don't normally go more than five over. The Volvo is fast enough. And I threw a boost controller, gauge, and BOV on there because someone gave them to me and it took about 20 minutes.

I don't like major engine mods. This was a recent conclusion. I determined that its not worth the cost to boost it. I'd rather have a slow, but elegant looking car that handles nice and sounds nice.
Old 02-24-09, 12:50 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rvaquino
Whats the gauge pod for if its not boosted?
Different time zones , DUH !
Old 02-25-09, 02:01 PM
VJZ
Lead Lap

Yeah....mature.

Seriously stay out of the thread unless you have constructive things to say.
Old 02-25-09, 02:46 PM
UZZ30-SC4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cmiller80
So a month later or so....

I made some changes to the car.

As of right now everything is basically the same save for the following:

--Found a excellent condition driver side door panel at a pick a part type yard locally for $15. (Only has a small snag in the lower vinyl--easily repairable, just need to stop being lazy )

--Wood trim found out of same car at salvage yard.

--Upper cup holder (just given to me by the junk yard dude)

--Supra seats have been in since July. Pics of those later.

--Pioneer AVH-P4000 in-dash mobile monitor. I didn't feel like hacking into the parking brake wiring, so I just made a switch. The radio has a parking brake wire (green) in the back that must be attached to the parking brake. The parking brake must be pulled up, then down, and then up again to watch movies or adjust certain settings. The switch essentially acts as my parking brake. **PLEASE NOTE** I do not advocate doing this if you intend to watch movies while you drive. Watching movies while driving is illegal, and extremely dangerous. Don't be dumb and use your head.

Unfortunately I didn't read up on it well enough and it isn't Nav ready. Sigh...oh well, next year I'll get a Nav one.

I'll be making a radio trim piece out of a busted factory Pioneer radio face plate out of a totaled SC pretty soon. Just need to find the time.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...s/AVH-P4000DVD

--Black housing Ebay head lights: They DO have functional aiming adjustments and actually look great in person. I wasn't spending $600 to get new low beams. I got the high and low beam package. They look nice. They are shipped with cheap 194 lights in them. You can replace them with colored LED's easily. The halo is NOT a CCFL, its just a ring that has pole/tubes that the light goes into to shine. Mine have ultraviolet (purple) halos and cool blue/hyper white triple LED's up top, and a high power white one in the city light spot. They are ten times brighter than your old worn out OEM lights. My old ones did not aim, had broken tabs, and still leaked after resealing them. These get compliments. **Attached pic is NOT my car**
LoL, ^^^THATS My PICTURE!!^^^ The headlights are nice brother, but from personal experience with them, the adjustment isnt enough. They aim way up high, and you can only get them to adjust where the shoot straight out. They are cosmetically nice, but as far as functionality its a big no no. The lenses oxidize very quickly as well.

This is why im just redoing my old healights, blacked out insides, but no more halos.

Side shot:

Oh and also, the ring is actually CCFL, and the 3 blue lights across the top that are supposed to be "leds" are actually just blue 194 bulbs. You can tell from the pic, one already died.
Old 02-25-09, 02:50 PM
Amini9
Lexus Test Driver

he said the attached pictures in that post were not his..
Old 02-25-09, 02:51 PM
UZZ30-SC4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Amini9
LoL, i know. I just got excited that someone used my pics.
Old 02-25-09, 02:53 PM
Amini9
Lexus Test Driver

I'm excited to see how the rims will fit with the new lowering of the car.

And to those who have previously commented on boosting it.

I don't want to. I don't have a need for speed. I don't run my car at a strip, I don't normally go more than five over. The Volvo is fast enough. And I threw a boost controller, gauge, and BOV on there because someone gave them to me and it took about 20 minutes.

I don't like major engine mods. This was a recent conclusion. I determined that its not worth the cost to boost it. I'd rather have a slow, but elegant looking car that handles nice and sounds nice.
I have a 92 SC4, and my brother has a 96' Volvo 850R (sedan though)

you have good taste in cars my friend! I love the volvo. The stang rims look sick, i was thinking of that myself once i get money in my pocket!
Old 02-25-09, 03:11 PM
DY3VERSITY
Lexus Test Driver

Huh......?
Old 02-25-09, 04:03 PM
Amini9
Lexus Test Driver

You saw the gauge pod... and the post where there was a gauge pod were not his pictures. but.. whatever :P
Old 02-25-09, 04:17 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 382 Likes on 225 Posts

you have good taste in cars my friend! I love the volvo. The stang rims look sick, i was thinking of that myself once i get money in my pocket!
Man I loved those 850r's so much before I saw an SC. I almost ended up getting a 95 T5 850 but then bought a beautiful DWP
Old 02-27-09, 09:13 AM
VJZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UZZ30-SC4
LoL, ^^^THATS My PICTURE!!^^^ The headlights are nice brother, but from personal experience with them, the adjustment isnt enough. They aim way up high, and you can only get them to adjust where the shoot straight out. They are cosmetically nice, but as far as functionality its a big no no. The lenses oxidize very quickly as well.

This is why im just redoing my old healights, blacked out insides, but no more halos.

Side shot:

Oh and also, the ring is actually CCFL, and the 3 blue lights across the top that are supposed to be "leds" are actually just blue 194 bulbs. You can tell from the pic, one already died.
Mine haven't oxidized or anything yet.

The high beams can't adjust much, but the low beams are great.

We get flamed on here because we decided not to spend $600 on new OEM headlights.

Sorry, that doesn't float with me.

Actually, I just got my Espelir's and put my 17's back on.

Looks GREAT.

I'll try and get the pics off my phone's miniSD tonight to put up.
Old 02-27-09, 09:23 AM
VJZ
Lead Lap

Thanks for the compliments my man!

I actually picked the Bullitts up for free, had two tires M&B for $60 and painted them for like $10. I'll have Sumitomo HTR-Z II tires with the tax return.

The lowering of the SC made me realize I need to invest in the 97+ kit. Or go with a 95/96 bumper with 97+ skirts, rear skirts, and rear bumper.

I love my 850. My only complaint is that the rear interior panels in the cargo/hatch area are brittle over time and rattle like a SOB over big bumps.

Other than that, its a practical, fun to drive car that's surprisingly fast.

It would eat the SC's for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. A buddy of mine had a 96 850R sedan with similar mods as mine and ran a 13.8 locally. However, I have an upgraded ECU, injectors, factory BOV blanking plate (replaced the OEM BOV with a turboXS RFL), intake, and colder plugs. He has all of that but a 3" exhaust. Somewhere we have a video of his car running the track and me laughing my *** off in the background...lol. My friend with a Trans Am is scared of my STATION WAGON...hahaha.

I'm hoping now that all of my insurance with totaling my Pacifica is taken care of, my house is back in order, and I'm essentially debt free, I'll be picking up a 2009 Challenger R/T six speed before summer.

Still waiting to find a nice set of 92-94 SC400 stock rims for the winter.
Old 02-27-09, 09:38 AM
UZZ30-SC4
Lexus Test Driver

Mine haven't oxidized or anything yet.

The high beams can't adjust much, but the low beams are great.

We get flamed on here because we decided not to spend $600 on new OEM headlights.

Sorry, that doesn't float with me.

Actually, I just got my Espelir's and put my 17's back on.

Looks GREAT.

I'll try and get the pics off my phone's miniSD tonight to put up.

I dont know, maybe i just got a bad set, but i didnt like them, they LOOK WONDERFUL, i just didnt agree with the functionality.

+1 on getting flamed about the cheaper lights.
Old 02-27-09, 11:29 AM
ryanwvsc
Driver School Candidate

I have had the chrome version of those lights on my car for over a year and a half and the lenses are still as clear as the day i installed them and i totally agree about not spending $800 on oem lights. i do however prefer the stock look and did not hook up the halo or led's when i installed mine.

Quick Reply: Perhaps its time to post pics