Voters: 699. You may not vote on this poll

supra vs sc300 what would you choose?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-09, 03:45 PM
KingSoarer
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I6turbo
WTF??? Maybe you should check out the '60s' American iron. Those mostly came with bench front seats (with about the same lateral support as the SC seats) and you could have your passenger sit right next to you and help you drive.
Leave it stock and that looks crazy good to all but the ricers.

Body kit manufacturers? I do think you make the right decison by staying away from Supras....

but 900 hp on stock internals is even better with the 2J...

WTF again? Makes no sense-- the Supra has one of the best dashes and driver layouts in any car, will accomodate a number of built-in gauges to monitor powertrain doings, and you are hating because your passenger might feel less a "part" of it than he would in a vanilla dash designed for a commuter car???

Nothing wrong with liking an SC, but trying to fashion negatives out of some of the Supra's strong points doesn't make sense.
Well what you consider strong point are my criticisms but ill go through your replies.

-The interior looks **** for a daily street car, for track yeah it looks sweet because its all about the driver and you can deck it out in all kinds of gadgets but as a whole package to live with it as a daily driven car the interior is a massive flop as it has not flow. The dash doesnt flow, the doors look stupid and feel about the same with tacky speakers just placed randomly. Compare the Supra interior to an Aston Martin , althought the SC wont match it in suede and all that but the foundation of the SC interior design is as elegant as a DB9 etc.
-Stock front bumper looks like a whales mouth. Only thing i could think of would be to cut out the centre mouth piece and put on a lip kit like my friend did (think he put on a bigwin lip). Other than that all front bumpers out there are too pointy. So its hard to make it look elegant from the outside, that red one and the black one on this page is about the best you will find and thats the only front i would consider if i owned a Supra.
-900hp on stock internals wont last you all that long, though yes the 2JZ will make 350rwkw-400rwkw and up to about 450rwkw on stock internals i think having a nice interior and exterior with just 350rwkw is enough. Again the interior and exterior is important and not just a milk crate with thousands of hp. And all the stuff im saying is for a street car, if i were to go a track car with huge part and stripped out then yeah Supra is the go over a SC.
-what do you mean by vanilla dash? No ****en idea what that means. As street car is the complete package and not a milk crate with huge amounts of power. Ive had a few big powered drift cars and although fun on the track i hated using them everyday as they werent built for that task. My SC/Soarer has a number of guages yet it doesnt compromise the rest of the interior. So i have all the info i need plus a functional and elegant interior. Obviously im a better designer than those used for the Supra interior, best of both worlds.
-Im not spinning anything, i can have everything the Supra has (besides more power on stock internals) and more so why would i consider the Supra better? I dont need to make anything negative as it already was made that way. Like i said i would have bought this supra http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=52340 that is my friends but instead i bought a pretty much stock SC. Now i must have had valid reasons as i could afford either car and the Supra would have been more attractive with all the mods but still that didnt sway me. So dont act all high and might that just because you own or love Supras that they are king ****. My thoughts are valid as i could choose either one i wanted and went the SC.
Old 09-23-09, 06:10 PM
Sc4002jz-g
Driver School Candidate

I would take the supra over the SC. I own an SC but supras are just badass.
Old 09-23-09, 06:21 PM
sc-fsport
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SC no doubt a supra looks more muscular but a sc is like in a tux it just classy yet still able to handle big amounts of HP power plus you dont get the ricer baggage (not saying a supra does) but to each is own! Do what you like not other people!
Old 09-23-09, 06:52 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

NA-SC. TT-SC. i know they dont make the sc tt but they do in japan so wth. sc's body is like a fineee woman.
Old 09-23-09, 07:06 PM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

I will take a brand new 98-00 SC over any brand new 98 Supra. I like luxury.
Old 09-24-09, 05:32 AM
KingSoarer
Pole Position

See i always forget you guys never got the 1JZ as a factory option. If i was stuck with the 3L non turbo six or the 4L V8 then i dont know but the lack of power would probably sway me towards a Supra a lot more. Luckily thats not the case and i have a 1JZ twin turbo and another Soarer with a 1JZ VVTi single turbo.
Old 09-26-09, 06:27 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a SC300 and a MK4 Supra. I like them both, however if my house was on fire and I only had time to save one you bet I'm gonna go after my Supra. I like my SC300 but its dime in a dozen.
Old 09-27-09, 06:24 AM
OMD
Pole Position

Supra, i just sold my SC for one..
Old 09-27-09, 07:11 AM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

To me the supra is a legend soo the SC can't compete with that...perhaps in time it will create its own legend but I've owned 3 supras so far and loved everyone of them.
Old 09-27-09, 09:13 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OMD
Supra, i just sold my SC for one..
Nice...
Old 09-27-09, 09:57 AM
scooop
Driver School Candidate

Default ?

I've owned 3 mkiv's, my current a 94 that I've owned for 10yrs and is finally complete. I just picked up my first sc300 two weeks ago, a 99 blk/blk and I love it. They feel very nice even in stock form and I really enjoy driving it on a daily basis. I plan on doing a gte/6spd swap next year and think this car will be right up there with the mkiv when it's complete. I can't waite to get started, but after everything is all said and done, I think I will still lean towards the supra a little more, just because of the styling and looks, but you never know. Bret
Old 09-27-09, 02:10 PM
93sprucesc
Driver

SUPRA! even SC owners ride on supra wheels, supra calipers, and so on. SUPRA HANDS DOWN!
Old 09-27-09, 03:32 PM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

I just picked up another SupraTT last week.. compare to my 2 SCs I got to say I like the Supra better.. it just feel diffrent.. I think I like the SC stock cause it is comfortable to drive around but I'll mod the Supra to drive it once a month..
Old 09-27-09, 05:59 PM
turbo sc
Driver School Candidate

my sc is a sleeper and alot more room 500hp to the wheels ive put down alot of supras there both nice cars
Old 09-28-09, 07:15 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

You're obviously here just to masterbate to your SC, but some of the silly stuff you say just can't be allowed to go unchallenged.
Originally Posted by KingSoarer
-The interior looks **** for a daily street car.... Compare the Supra interior to an Aston Martin , althought the SC wont match it in suede and all that but the foundation of the SC interior design is as elegant as a DB9 etc.
This is as absurd as your earlier argument against the Supra because your boy in the passenger seat needs to be able to share the "experience" or whatever that was all about. LMAO.

-900hp on stock internals wont last you all that long, though yes the 2JZ will make 350rwkw-400rwkw and up to about 450rwkw on stock internals
Wrong again. Up to 600 whp? Maybe if you are a goofball and can't keep anything together, but I've been running mine at 750+ whp for some years (about 15K miles of all race gas, always set to 28-30 PSI all the time) and never a single issue.
just a milk crate with thousands of hp.

what do you mean by vanilla dash? No ****en idea what that means.
It means geezer pleaser. It means it's not even remotely a performance car dash. It means it is about the same dash as an ES350. That kind of thing....
Obviously im a better designer than those used for the Supra interior
LMAO You're into your own full-scale whack-off party here now, aren't you?
So dont act all high and might that just because you own or love Supras that they are king ****.
Me acting high and mighty? You are the one concocting all the silly reasons the Supra is a fail, and the SC is almost a DB9. Yet, when the enthusiast public votes with their pocketbook, they vote the Supra the hands-down winner. I never said I had anything against the SC, I just called you out of some of your personal opinions that you state as if they are fundamental truths of the universe or something.

Last edited by I6turbo; 09-28-09 at 07:20 AM.

Quick Reply: supra vs sc300 what would you choose?