41.77%
Voters: 699. You may not vote on this poll

supra vs sc300 what would you choose?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-10, 08:13 PM
TexasSC300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like the VIP look on the Lex SC's. Sure Supra is a very atheletic woman...But the SC has the boob job dressed up in a cocktail dress (no panties or Bra) and knows how to sport it just a little better... You can't deny how sexy a SC is...just can't. Another vote on the SC!!
Old 11-01-10, 08:13 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jadu
for me cost of ownership is a big factor. how do you smog a gte sc? are you bard? if not, what if ur hood gets popped? just curious on how ur able to dd ur gte sc
1. Smog related stuff I refuse to post on forums...
2. I don't drive like a jackass or attract attention to myself
3. Hood popped ... Well the way I built the car and routed things it looks almost completely stock so its not a big deal. Also worse case scenario i just pop out the motor and trans and make it stock only takes like 2 days to do it tops
Old 11-01-10, 08:18 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

For those of you who voted for and love,cherish (And would probably give oral fellatios [if possible] to) the Supra, Then why the heck did some of you choose to get an SC and be on an SC forum?
Old 11-01-10, 08:28 PM
imDementeD
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

^ cause most cant afford a supra
i didnt vote cause i love both honestly..and like said the sc3 interior is 10x better..however i do think the supra ext. is better...im happy with either i just need BOOST yesterday.
Old 11-01-10, 09:00 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

^ For all the engines swaps and pricey na-t's out there for the power of a supra. Most could probably afford one. I vote SC
Old 11-01-10, 10:20 PM
imDementeD
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

^ good point but to an extent..
ill end up with a boosted sc3 myself..however im piecing it together since i dont have it all upfront
same thing applies a lot when people buy these cars..they want a supra but may not have 15-25k to put up at once..even tho in the long run they may spend that + some but its over a period of time...

and im no way praising the supra or saying that people secretly want this car and cant have it..

but it is true on some fronts..some people want a supra but simply cant afford them..i honestly got turn onto sc's because my friend had a jdm rhd supra tt and it was a very nice car and was fun to ride in...started doing some research about the engine and was very impressed..

and the sc3 just happened to fit my luxury wants performance goals and price range..
now i will honestly say i wasnt a fan of the ext. look much at first and in stock form(with the ****tie 15" rims im still not) but after looking at a few that i consider "done right" they look amazing..i still think the supra "done right" looks better ext. wise still i think the int. is pretty ugly though.

Last edited by imDementeD; 11-01-10 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11-02-10, 06:39 AM
MMCtuner
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I´ll love to have a Supra, but now that I have my SC I wont get rid of it to have a Supra.
Old 11-02-10, 06:44 AM
1FastSc
Rookie

Sc Ftw why is it that sc's always get spanked by mk4's tho?
Old 11-02-10, 08:14 AM
510sc
Pole Position

Talking

I would have to go with scupra lol
Old 11-02-10, 08:48 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts

If you guys had a choice, what would you go with? A brand new 97 Toyota Soarer with a 1JZ and all of the high end features it came with or a brand new Supra TT? This would be a more balanced comparison in terms of power.
Old 11-02-10, 08:50 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Kira X
If you guys had a choice, what would you go with? A brand new 97 Toyota Soarer with a 1JZ and all of the high end features it came with or a brand new Supra TT? This would be a more balanced comparison in terms of power.
Supra TT, the poll numbers speak for itself.
Old 11-02-10, 09:03 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by cherplex
Supra TT, the poll numbers speak for itself.
True, but an SC300 doesn't come with a turbo like the Soarer and Supra TT do. The fact that a stock SC300 is super slow would make a lot of people want the Supra for the power alone.
Old 11-02-10, 09:06 AM
Klaus
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1FastSc
Sc Ftw why is it that sc's always get spanked by mk4's tho?
where the hell are you getting this information? Sure, the average SC is going to lose to an average supra. But only because MOST SCs aren't performance modded. I got ape raped by a 750hp SC- bone stock 97 exterior (bastard even had factory wheels ) and he came up and and cracked his wastegate so we punched it. BUS LENGTHS were put on me. We pulled off the highway and talked for a bit, he had a DBB 67mm on my BPU. So yeah the performance is in no way limited by the model.

Bottom line, there is a HUGE premium on the body for a MKIV when it comes to the NA cars, but not as much for the TT cars. I think that the factory TT 6 speeds are still a hell of a deal. When you consider that you're looking at at least $15k to swap all of the performance bonuses over and with another $3k you'll have car that is highly competitive with a porsche, the TT 6 speed are an incredible bargain. However... when i see $15k for a 93 120k mile NA auto MKIV I want to punch somebody
Old 11-02-10, 09:47 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by cbrasian
1. Smog related stuff I refuse to post on forums...
2. I don't drive like a jackass or attract attention to myself
3. Hood popped ... Well the way I built the car and routed things it looks almost completely stock so its not a big deal. Also worse case scenario i just pop out the motor and trans and make it stock only takes like 2 days to do it tops
understood, and thanks for clarifying. I realize it's a matter of preference. I don't drive like an *** or cause attention either, but I do however don't want to swap back in the stock engine after just swapping in the GTE. I'm the type to set it, and forget it, so if i take my sweet time to swap an engine in, I want to make sure it stays in. I factored in time as well in my costs because with a new mortgage and an 11 month old, it's something I really don't have much of these days. I think of it like making additions to your house but having to put it back to how it was because it wasn't to code
Old 11-02-10, 01:25 PM
slappy96
Lead Lap

SC just on the cornering turn markers alone. Every other car drives me crazy when I turn on the blinker and the area isn't lit up.

SC + GTE just to clairify.

Quick Reply: supra vs sc300 what would you choose?