supra vs sc300 what would you choose?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-11 | 03:34 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
CL Folding 10,000

Smile

Originally Posted by MDSC
also the Sc interior is nice....when its not falling apart...cracked vents, cracked door panels, window surrounds...etc. To fully restore and swap a GTE motor into an SC you are almost right there with buying a supra. The interior alone on the sc is at least 4-5 grand to restore if not more. Supra dosent have that issue, and for the most part the TT supras are in excellent shape because they are worth alot of money and people take care of them unlike the cheap SCs that your everyday person dosent give a crap about.
I think the sc interior is designed very nice but its not designed to last, 1st gen gs/ls/ES dont have those issues which completly blows my mind.
I guess I'm not the only one that noticed how easily the SC's interior falls apart compared to the Supra and other Lexus' of that time. These cars have the weirdest interior issues I've seen.

Originally Posted by Gimpster
1994 US MR2 Production = 625 (of those, 300ish were turbo)
1995 US MR2 Production = 93 (of those, 74 were turbo)

Owning a USDM 94/95 is a special treat. I often regret selling my low milage '94. Younger members, don't think I'm bagging on you... but a 18 y/o showed up and bought it. He planned on parking it outside, daily driving it... etc. I felt bad for the car, but dip**** money spends the same as enthusiast money

A 95 that hasn't been messed with CAN command Supra TT prices in the right circumstances. The MR2 had a couple things going against it to stop production. #1 the price was getting out of hand. a 1995 Turbo sticker was 35k+. IMO most people looking for a sportly Toyota and had 35+ to drop would go to a Supra instead, but who knows. Also Toyota apparently really didn't want to rework the car for OBDII. If you ever have a friend who somehow gets their hands on a '95 NA or Turbo, make sure they just leave it alone. If they want to hot rod an MR2 find a '91 for $1500 and call it a day.
Wow! I never knew all of that. I've always loved the 91-95 MR2's, but they are so hard to find. They're even more rare than a Supra around here.

Originally Posted by Gimpster
These cars are often ratty because is IS a Lexus people who buy these cars originally typically buy/dump quickly. More often than not they take poor care of the vehicle too. At the point they dump the car, its devalued so much that it ends up in ... well... not the best hands yet again. This goes for pretty much every luxury car in my experience. Like you said it looks like DOGS lived in the car, it grosses me out! I looked at about 15 SC400's when I bought mine and most should've been crushed.

Unless you end up with a one owner car like many of us did, and the owner wasnt a jackass.... good luck!
That's very true. With my SC, the original owner got rid of the car after three years of owning it. Most people I see with luxury cars do not take care of them like they should. They get beat up and sell them two years later and the new owner does the same thing.
Old 03-04-11 | 04:49 PM
94LEXUS400
Driver

This thread really needs to be locked...SC vs Supra is like fighting against yourself since
they basically have same chassis...Lookwise everyone has their own taste..
Why bash each other when you can bash other crappy cars...like..civic..

Steve
Old 03-04-11 | 05:14 PM
NEbiker10
Lexus Test Driver

Wanted to say one more thing....**** Tiburon's. My roomate had an 03.

I did all the work on it. Worst car ever. Now they are being recalled for the frames prematurely rusting out. Anyone that buys a Tiburon and thinks its good...drive off a bridge
Old 03-04-11 | 10:04 PM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

I like my SC, I think if some of us wanted a Supra then we would have one instead of an SC
Old 03-05-11 | 04:47 AM
suislide
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ASTERiSK
I like my SC, I think if some of us wanted a Supra then we would have one instead of an SC

I've always preferred the SCs style of the Supras.
Old 03-05-11 | 12:39 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 94LEXUS400
This thread really needs to be locked...SC vs Supra is like fighting against yourself since

Steve
You got a really good point there.
Old 03-05-11 | 06:36 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

im willing to bet that 80% of the people that own older SCs on here dont have 25 grand cash to buy a supra outright(which is the only way you can get one). Im also willing to bet that 90% of the people in this threadw that said they would take sc over a supra, dont have 25gs cash to buy a supra, just saying.
Old 03-05-11 | 06:41 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 94LEXUS400

Steve
is dodge stratus/chrysler seebring the same car as the 2nd gen GST Eclipse?
Same chassis just stretched, looks different, more luxury..comes with n/a mitsu motor on an eclipse chassis. Its a car on the same chassis but its not the same car....
Old 03-06-11 | 05:31 AM
SUPRA7TT
Rookie

That is way off, Find a MKIV for under 2k , I could get a SC's all day for that . The Supra made the SC popular .

im willing to bet that 80% of the people that own older SCs on here dont have 25 grand cash to buy a supra outright(which is the only way you can get one). Im also willing to bet that 90% of the people in this threadw that said they would take sc over a supra, dont have 25gs cash to buy a supra, just saying.
Someone that knows the truth
is dodge stratus/chrysler seebring the same car as the 2nd gen GST Eclipse?
Same chassis just stretched, looks different, more luxury..comes with n/a mitsu motor on an eclipse chassis. Its a car on the same chassis but its not the same car....
Toyata didnt intend for the Lexus and Toyota ,to be like Yukon and Tahoe , Crown Vic like Mercury and I could go on . SC and Supra Two different cars ,with two different purpose .
Old 03-06-11 | 06:14 AM
suislide
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Klaus

I've mostly laid of the hateraid on SCs in this thread because hey I own both. But the celica comment means war....

Old 03-06-11 | 11:06 AM
LunaVyohr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by suislide
I actually kind of like this. Without the wing, I think this could actually work. Give it AWD, and a twin turbo 2JZ, and it would be sex.
Old 03-06-11 | 12:51 PM
BartleDoo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LunaVyohr
I actually kind of like this. Without the wing, I think this could actually work. Give it AWD, and a twin turbo 2JZ, and it would be sex.
It does look kind of cool but even if a 2jz fit it would make the car like 80/20 F/R weight distribution.
Old 03-06-11 | 02:18 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by suislide

3 garbage ricers
Old 03-10-11 | 06:00 AM
MMCtuner
Intermediate

I think that by comparing them to a civic you are insulting all of us
And why this celica boys try to put the Supra´s front. IMO front and headlights are the worst thing a Supra have. On the oposite side, I do really like the rear.
Old 03-10-11 | 06:08 AM
scottinky
Driver School Candidate

id love to have a MKIII supra. always loved the dashboard layout and body style of those.

Quick Reply: supra vs sc300 what would you choose?