41.77%
Voters: 699. You may not vote on this poll

supra vs sc300 what would you choose?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-11, 09:10 AM
Gimpster
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm surprised nobody has brought up the older/mid 90's Honda Prelude? Its side profile was ripped off from the MKIV IMO.
Old 03-10-11, 09:33 AM
suislide
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gimpster
I'm surprised nobody has brought up the older/mid 90's Honda Prelude? Its side profile was ripped off from the MKIV IMO.
i always thought so. I just completely forgot about those

Last edited by suislide; 03-10-11 at 11:04 AM.
Old 03-10-11, 10:17 AM
iwannadie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my MK3 and I would kill for an MK4.
Old 03-10-11, 10:30 AM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by aka paco
97+ exterior, black interior, 6spd 2jzgte SC300 > Supra TT
I wouldn't even care if it was 97+! (Although it's preferred)
Old 03-10-11, 04:20 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i lost count of the amount of haters in this thread
Old 03-10-11, 05:09 PM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MDSC
Wow, so I didn't read past the first page when I initially posted. I thought this was all in good fun, but people are actually getting offended because somebody has a different opinion... seriously, grow up.

Anywho, just to be clear, I wasn't hating. I LOVE the Supra, but the SC exterior looks a little better and the interior looks way better, in my opinion. Since you can basically turn an SC into a Supra (so the power/handling capabilities are essentially the same), I'd rather have the SC. It has nothing to do with age of the vehicle, affordability, rarity, etc (at least for me). Because I honestly can't afford want I want my car to be or an original TT Supra. So it's a moot point... but if I had $40,000 to blow, it'd be on an SC and building it the way I want to. Like I said, just my opinion, to be taken at face value and nothing more.

EDIT: I also just realized how old this thread is (8-21-08!). Sorry for continuing a dead thread!

Last edited by RSTSpeed; 03-10-11 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-10-11, 05:16 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

the supra lacks class--luxury and style lets face it

Originally Posted by RSTSpeed
Wow, so I didn't read past the first page when I initially posted. I thought this was all in good fun, but people are actually getting offended because somebody has a different opinion... seriously, grow up.

Anywho, just to be clear, I wasn't hating. I LOVE the Supra, but the SC exterior looks a little better and the interior looks way better, in my opinion. Since you can basically turn an SC into a Supra (so the power/handling capabilities are essentially the same), I'd rather have the SC. It has nothing to do with age of the vehicle, affordability, rarity, etc (at least for me). Because I honestly can't afford want I want my car to be or an original TT Supra. So it's a moot point... but if I had $40,000 to blow, it'd be on an SC and building it the way I want to. Like I said, just my opinion, to be taken at face value and nothing more.

EDIT: I also just realized how old this thread is (8-21-08!). Sorry for continuing a dead thread!
very well said sir
Old 03-10-11, 07:27 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
the supra lacks class--luxury and style lets face it

very well said sir
its easy to hate on a car that you cant afford, once again i'm not a hater i dont own a supra but have seen, felt, driven, ridden in both and i can tell you that supra is a different car, simular but not the same and the point is its worth more. Its like the new huyndai whatever its called that rivals the ls460 car and driver gave it 1st place...now you about to drop 60 grand would you drive a huyndai? lol mute point because sc like mentioned a million times before dosent even come with forced induction nor does it come close to holding its value like supra.
Old 03-10-11, 08:51 PM
evopanop
Rookie

Honestly, if I had the money I'd own both. The MKIV Supra TT has always been a dream car of mine, and my SC400 is like my "Supra for poor people." LOL Not that the SC400 is worse than the Supra in any way, or even any better, it was just a whole lot more affordable. If I could somehow find a MKIV Supra TT for the same $2k I spent on my SC400 you better believe I'd be ALL OVER that!
Old 03-11-11, 07:08 AM
suislide
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder what would be the value of the supra if the fast and the furious never came out
Old 03-11-11, 07:57 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by suislide
I wonder what would be the value of the supra if the fast and the furious never came out
i'm guessing youre a young buck, and probably the biggest hater in this thread. Supra value was extremly high before f&F movie...so honda civic and eclipse value must of sky rocketed too
Old 03-11-11, 08:05 AM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

The Supra is an ok looking car. The SC has a sleek, more timeless design that doesn't scream boy racer. A SC with Supra guts would be awesome. I'm not just talking drivetrain, but everything else as well. The only thing I would change with the SC is the looks. I hate how the 97+ looks very long with the shorter rear/side overhangs. If there's a way to modify the looks while still giving the stock appearance, it would be awesome!
Old 03-11-11, 08:20 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

its easy to hate on a car that you cant afford, once again i'm not a hater i dont own a supra but have seen, felt, driven, ridden in both and i can tell you that supra is a different car, simular but not the same and the point is its worth more. Its like the new huyndai whatever its called that rivals the ls460 car and driver gave it 1st place...now you about to drop 60 grand would you drive a huyndai? lol mute point because sc like mentioned a million times before dosent even come with forced induction nor does it come close to holding its value like supra.
what makes u assume that I cant afford a Supra?

I will say it again, if i was going to drop 25 grand on a car the supra would be on the bottom of my list.

Its a young mans tuner car--yes like fast and furious type stuff---which i dont care for at all and all and most people dont--like something a rich teenager would ask his daddy to buy for him-------like nick hogan for example.

It lacks everything I look for in a car----its only plus is its fast---it has nothing else to bring to the table.
Old 03-11-11, 08:49 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
what makes u assume that I cant afford a Supra?

I will say it again, if i was going to drop 25 grand on a car the supra would be on the bottom of my list.

Its a young mans tuner car--yes like fast and furious type stuff---which i dont care for at all and all and most people dont--like something a rich teenager would ask his daddy to buy for him-------like nick hogan for example.

It lacks everything I look for in a car----its only plus is its fast---it has nothing else to bring to the table.
what makes me think you cant afford it? Simple..your earlier post about how you thought you blew an engine in your 17 year old car that is worth no more then 4 grand.How you spent 1700 on repairs on it in 3 months and you cant take no more.Usually people that have 25 grand in cash sitting around to spend on the car are pretty wealthy and arent worried about a car they would consider a beater.

Last edited by MDSC; 03-11-11 at 08:54 AM.
Old 03-11-11, 09:21 AM
MMCtuner
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It would be nice to be wealthy only by having 25grand in a car. My X3 costs as it is now (2006 and used) 49grand, my brother´s Mustang GT ´04, 40; and my SC...well, as an exotic, well over 35. Of course very different countries.
If I could choose an import to buy, I´d buy a NSX instead of a Supra.

Quick Reply: supra vs sc300 what would you choose?