41.77%
Voters: 699. You may not vote on this poll

supra vs sc300 what would you choose?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-08, 03:01 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Supra are the ugliest of all the 90's Japanese supercars. The rx7, 300zx, NSX, all look better.

Just fueling the fire!
Old 08-23-08, 03:05 PM
SUPRA7TT
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reamemiya
Supra are the ugliest of all the 90's Japanese supercars. The rx7, 300zx, NSX, all look better.

Just fueling the fire!
lol lol lol lol I have nothing but love
Old 08-23-08, 03:07 PM
SUPRA7TT
Rookie

Originally Posted by nobleblack
There is no "here we go again" just get your responses or whatever else strait in the near future. And this is easy, I'm not upset about anything just like for things to be clear. But agreed the stupidity is over.

I hope you will have fun with your future sc. I have fun with mine.
OK boss!!but just read what some of your members said then you should understand my response.Here is some sexy sh@#t

oh and one of my all time fav SC

Last edited by SUPRA7TT; 08-23-08 at 03:11 PM.
Old 08-23-08, 03:26 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

What the hell is going on in here?
Old 08-23-08, 03:54 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 76 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by jsi4u2nv
Supras are very ugly stock or modded in my opinion. If you like the rice rocket look, then you will like the supra. SC's look sporty and luxurious without looking like rice. So... for you teenagers out there, yes the supra may be your style. For us mature men, the SC wins hands down!
Here's a couple of pics of my very ugly, kitted Supra (Blackie) and my very ugly stock-bodied (except for front lip) Supra (Eau Rouge). Love SCs, btw. I felt, and still do, the original design was groundbreaking. A number of very special SCs on this site and Supraforums. Peace and love to all:

Rear shot, with the Do-Luck wing back in place

Front passenger side 1/4 shot

Front Shot

Wheel lip highlight front shot

[img]https://www.turboninjas.com/gallery/d/37053-2/drivercluster01.jpg[/img

Last edited by KJH; 08-23-08 at 10:36 PM.
Old 08-23-08, 04:04 PM
B2001AS
Driver

Always love Ken's collections!!!

When I see people posted " SC is for mature men and Supra is for boys and teenager". Isn't this supposed to be the opposite?????????
Most of teenager couldn't afford Supra themself.... stop smoking!!!

Seto
Old 08-23-08, 04:11 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Supra. No way in hell I would pick an SC300 over a supra. Likewise, most people would pick the Supra if it was presented to them given a choice to own for free. However, because many of the SCs on the road today are used, it's a lot cheaper picking one up than a supra, thus many picking the SC over the supra.
Old 08-23-08, 04:21 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lexhere27
Ill take em both, TT Supra and the supercharged SC400. Ones a cruiser and ones a racer.
You're one in a thousand that mentioned a boosted SC400. The SC400 can be really fun to drive or even race if being prepared right.
Old 08-23-08, 06:01 PM
booja
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

supra... for sure...

i only got my SC becuase a supra cost too damn much...

and becuase the SC i found for sale was a 5 speed. and it was cheap
Old 08-23-08, 06:57 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

definitely some heat in this thread...why are we arguing? here are a group of people in love with what is essentially the same car. Consider yourselves lucky to be able to put your *** in the seat of any of them. Consider youselves lucky that your not in a underpowered Honda or in a beat-up 240. These are great cars, with a great platform, and great with their respective tunings and modifications. Want more performance? go with the Supra...want more luxury? pick the SC. These cars do not compete with each other, rather complement one another. Any weakness in one car will be the other's strength

PS. let's not judge each others' cars based on looks. that's like asking a mother which baby is the cutest

Last edited by Kaydee; 08-23-08 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08-23-08, 07:20 PM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by FYRARMS
No. There will be no "fight". I won't allow inter-forum flame battles. Supraforums isn't a Honduh forum (although we get plenty of visitors), so don't act like it is one. 99.9% of MKIV Supra owners LOVE the Lexus SC. Many of us own both. Each car has it's pros and it's cons. The majority of the time a person chooses between a Supra and an SC300 it boils down to MONEY. What can you afford?

Personally, I never considered an SC300 to be my primary "toy" car. Are SCs nice? Yes. Look good? Yes. However, I already have a few daily drivers, so I was looking to sell my 10-second supercharged GM toy and replace it with something else. Reasons I chose the Supra? Plenty...

a) Sexy, sexy, sexy looks. I can't think of any other sportscar in it's class that doesn't look "dated" after 15 years. I wanted to buy a car that would keep me from turning my head at other cars. The MKIV Supra and the Viper GTS were the only cars I would break my neck to get a peek at. I made my choice. The Supra's curvy shape is just stunning. Best *** in class.

b) Comes from the factory with brutally strong components already installed. Engine, trans, and diff are quite possibly the beefiest ever offered in a stock application. The factory brakes are amazing for 15 years of age. Hell, the Porsche 996 Turbo was the first car to finally beat the Supra's braking record after so many years.

c) Upgrade potential. Geez, where do you start? Just a BPU-level car will outperform most other modern sportscars, and some exotics. The sky is the limit.

d) Investment potential. I have had SO many hot rods over the years, and ALL of them sold for much less than I had invested in them. However, the Supra is a different story. 7 years ago I paid $20K for my 68K-mile MKIV. I have invested an additional $5K in mods. I have received offers to buy it for over $30K. Works for me. I am only selling it to fund another car---another MKIV Supra.

e) Exclusivity. With only a small number of MKIV Supras sold in the US, there isn't much of a chance of running in to another one every day, unlike an SC, which are pretty much everywhere. Add the fact that the MKIV was the last model Supra made, and that means the Supra stays timeless---it hasn't been replaced by a newer model.

In closing, the SC300 is a great car. They are built like all Toyota/Lexus cars are known for, they can be modified to your heart's content, and the entry price will fit even a teenager's budget. I would imagine with the N/A-T kits from Sound Performance and Boost Logic, a turboed SC would make a fun car. I just personally would only add one to my stable, but never replace my Supra with one.
your first post in this thread very well put i think im going to stick with the sc if i got a supra i think i would cry even if i got a rock chip on it im looking for a nice dd the supra i think is not a dd car imo maybe later on if the family needs another car or i have enough money to own both ill buy one
Old 08-23-08, 07:37 PM
rawdil49
Pole Position

its official, supra beats sc300

http://googlebattle.com/index.php?do...a&submit=Go%21

Last edited by rawdil49; 08-23-08 at 07:54 PM.
Old 08-23-08, 07:55 PM
SUPRA7TT
Rookie

Originally Posted by nobleblack
Nice pics... kinda random but nice pics.

Well I read some of what was said and even defended the sc and the supra. That is still no excuse for running to another forum and crying wolf. People talk ish about honda but you don't see me running over to honda tech tattling.

You also need to work on focusing your reponses to which messages. You accused me of something I never said. Then you come back try to declare "this topic is close" then try to make "here we go again" something it's not. I even tried to leave on a good note.

Then you come with "yes boss". Your not one of my ex gf so stop trying to have the last word. Ok stuff was said by other sc'rs and stuff was said by you and other supra owners. Only difference is your still trying to be a smart ****. Your attempt has been recognized now stop it.
WOW WTF get a grip crying wolf, I did not accused you of sh@3 I POSTED (This is funny , the SC guys trashing the Supra)Not one time did i mention your login name, but you feel guilty so you responded and if your ex GF has something to say it's because it's what's shes been feeling for awhile.Now this is focusing my response.BOSS is a form of respect not a shoot at you.
Old 08-23-08, 08:30 PM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SUPRA7TT
WOW WTF get a grip crying wolf, I did not accused you of sh@3 I POSTED (This is funny , the SC guys trashing the Supra)Not one time did i mention your login name, but you feel guilty so you responded and if your ex GF has something to say it's because it's what's shes been feeling for awhile.Now this is focusing my response.BOSS is a form of respect not a shoot at you.
sc guy, not all of us consider supras rice...
Old 08-23-08, 09:15 PM
exvelocity
Pole Position

supra,that's why I have more than one,

Quick Reply: supra vs sc300 what would you choose?