SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Climate Control Malfunctioning

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-08, 02:27 PM
Sui3z3ro
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Climate Control Malfunctioning

My climate control on my 96 sc300 chooses when it wants to work. Well that's what it seems like. I cant control the temperature of the car the only thing i was able to do before was leave it at COLD but the air temp is not cold at all. When i tried changing the temperature to anything other than COLD, the whole climate control starts flashing/ blinking and the blower stops.It recently stop working and flashes non-stop no matter what i tried it wont stop blinking..... Since i live in POrtland , Oregon its not that easy to find spare climate control to test out whats wrong with it. but i managed to buy a used one from an auto parts store, when i plugged the new one it.. it doesnt even turn on as if there's no power running through it at all. I replaced all my fuses but i still cant fix the problem. Any experts have any suggestions? or should i just walk into a lexus dealer and pay like 300 bucks for one >,< Thank you for your time.

Old 09-03-08, 02:33 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

Brain sounds fried. (the climate, not yours )
Old 09-04-08, 05:20 AM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I seriously doubt you will get one from a Lexus dealer for $300 they are over $900 new, well on the other coast anyway. If it comes down to needing a "previously enjoyed" one they are on ebay all the time.
Old 09-07-08, 10:58 PM
Sui3z3ro
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Brain sounds fried. (the climate, not yours )
What do you been by "brain sounds fried" I dont know how about electrical stuff so please elaborate on it. Thank you! =)
Old 09-15-08, 03:27 PM
mlh1
Driver School Candidate

Default New Climate Control Unit

I am new to this forum so I apologize if this posting breaches any protocol. (I must admit I had difficulty figuring out how to post this question.) Anyway, I have a 1993 SC 400 and the climate control unit had a bad LED display. It functioned perfectly otherwise. I bought a new unit off of ebay. It was for a 1995. I installed it and it works perfectly except for one thing. Now the fan runs on high speed all the time. You can try to lower the fan and the display reads as if the fan speed is being reduced but the fan keeps on running at full bore no matter what. Any ideas what went wrong? Thanks.
Old 09-15-08, 03:31 PM
HellFish
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mlh1
I am new to this forum so I apologize if this posting breaches any protocol. (I must admit I had difficulty figuring out how to post this question.) Anyway, I have a 1993 SC 400 and the climate control unit had a bad LED display. It functioned perfectly otherwise. I bought a new unit off of ebay. It was for a 1995. I installed it and it works perfectly except for one thing. Now the fan runs on high speed all the time. You can try to lower the fan and the display reads as if the fan speed is being reduced but the fan keeps on running at full bore no matter what. Any ideas what went wrong? Thanks.
the "brain" in the 92-94 sc is different than the 95 and newer. i had the same issue until i took the display from the new one and swapped it over to the brain on the old one.

so do that, and then take the brain thats useless to you, and sell it to the original poster. then everyone is happy happy.
Old 07-04-09, 02:49 PM
scgtedrftr
Driver School Candidate

i got a 92 sc300 and when i bought the car the guy said it just needed a new unit so i bought one hoping to solve my problem and just my luck it didnt fix it. so one day screwing around i found some kind of plug laying under the carpet and plugged it where its suppose to go and now the unit is getting power but it wont blow air or anything it just lights up. let me know if any of you can help. thanks