SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I Got Hit While Parked At The Gym! Pls Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-08, 09:45 PM
mr2tosc4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh no, one of the cleanest garnett pearls on here gets hit! bring it to the dealer and let the guy's insurance pay for it. damage looks minor but at the critical rear quart panel. you should be ok.
Old 09-14-08, 09:46 PM
bkr300
Lead Lap

beautiful car. looks like a pretty hard hit for just backing up
Old 09-15-08, 12:41 PM
D1GP
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Take it to Platinum VIP. Kennedy will def give you a good price to fix that dent.

Call him @ 626 472 7847 he is located in Irwindale next to 605 fwy
Old 09-15-08, 01:27 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys for all of the kind words and compliments

So today, I called my insurance, AAA, to give them all of the information regarding the entire incident - time. date. location, driver's information and insurance. They said gave me a claims number and said that the adjuster will give me a call within 24-48 hours but they are really busy with all the havoc going on over in Texas.

I asked if I should contact the other guy's insurance, Wawanesa, they said that they will take care of that.

Does it really matter whether I should have contacted AAA or Wawanesa first?

I will call back AAA in a day or two and see what happens. Yea, I will try to have a reputable shop like Backyard or Mobworks work on the car.

Again, if someone has knowledge or experience that is related to this ordeal, please contribute

Last edited by xknowonex; 09-15-08 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-15-08, 02:18 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mr2tosc4
i swear your avatar looks like christopher in the sopranos
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL that made me smile. is that a good thng or bad?
Old 09-15-08, 08:54 PM
exarus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xknowonex
Thanks guys for all of the kind words and compliments

So today, I called my insurance, AAA, to give them all of the information regarding the entire incident - time. date. location, driver's information and insurance. They said gave me a claims number and said that the adjuster will give me a call within 24-48 hours but they are really busy with all the havoc going on over in Texas.

I asked if I should contact the other guy's insurance, Wawanesa, they said that they will take care of that.

Does it really matter whether I should have contacted AAA or Wawanesa first?

I will call back AAA in a day or two and see what happens. Yea, I will try to have a reputable shop like Backyard or Mobworks work on the car.

Again, if someone has knowledge or experience that is related to this ordeal, please contribute
I've had an almost identical dent on the left quarter panel. Went to 3 shops and the estimate was between $700 - $1200.
Old 09-15-08, 09:41 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some lady backed into me in the same quarter panel exactly last year while I was in my car...she asked me to get a quote from my body shop and it was around $1,600...she paid for it out of her own pocket because her insurance was going to shoot up since she had been involved in another accident a few months prior...it worked out for me needless to say...either way, my car is back to it's normal state and I couldn't be any happier...
Just be glad and fortunate that someone actually confessed to doing it. So keep your head up dude...your ride has to be made right again, period.

Here is my damage...you would never guess that it was it at all.
Before:

After:
Old 09-16-08, 12:38 AM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SC400Dude
Some lady backed into me in the same quarter panel exactly last year while I was in my car...she asked me to get a quote from my body shop and it was around $1,600...she paid for it out of her own pocket because her insurance was going to shoot up since she had been involved in another accident a few months prior...it worked out for me needless to say...either way, my car is back to it's normal state and I couldn't be any happier...
Just be glad and fortunate that someone actually confessed to doing it. So keep your head up dude...your ride has to be made right again, period.

Here is my damage...you would never guess that it was it at all.
Before:

After:
Dude ur car is nice! love the wheels
Old 09-24-08, 12:45 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Update.

Last week his insurance sent me to their body shop for an appraisal and I just received a check in the mail payable to me. So quick
Old 09-24-08, 06:00 PM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

It seems like SCs always get hit there for some reason!? For having such a looonnnnng front end and tiny rear end, the rear always gets targeted and is the most expensive to fix!
Old 09-24-08, 07:28 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Luxor
It seems like SCs always get hit there for some reason!? For having such a looonnnnng front end and tiny rear end, the rear always gets targeted and is the most expensive to fix!
Well i think it mostly has to do with the fact that the quarter panel flows into the roof and isn't removed with a few bolts. The body guy has to cut the rear pillar in order to remove the quarter panel. That's only in worst case scenarios and this isn't one of them. You got lucky with it being only a smooth dent in there. Shouldn't be more than $1200 with that damage.

xknowonex what's the lucky $$$ number?
Old 09-25-08, 06:14 AM
huddleston
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 13 Posts

good luck man, hope it gets fixed soon!
Old 09-25-08, 08:06 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by StiCk3
Well i think it mostly has to do with the fact that the quarter panel flows into the roof and isn't removed with a few bolts. The body guy has to cut the rear pillar in order to remove the quarter panel. That's only in worst case scenarios and this isn't one of them. You got lucky with it being only a smooth dent in there. Shouldn't be more than $1200 with that damage.

xknowonex what's the lucky $$$ number?
$1450 is what his insurance determined
Old 09-25-08, 10:25 AM
Carbon J
Lead Lap

Sorry your car got dinged, doesn't look too bad and looking at the amount of the check you might make a little money. I give the guy that hit you props for not leaving, As you know alot of scum bags would just drive off as if nothing happened. Two of my cars were the victims of hit and run.
Old 09-25-08, 03:54 PM
J:M
Pole Position

The best part is the paint is fairly in great condition. I just did a claim last week after someone keyed my car, every panel except the trunk and rear bumper, and had to put my car into the shop this week. Glad you didn't get the dreaded "Total Wreck" letter. I think you may have if multiple panels and huge scratches came about. That rear quarter panel is a ***** because it's one piece with the roof. Usually insurance companies will only do the bare minimum.

GOOD LUCK!

Quick Reply: I Got Hit While Parked At The Gym! Pls Help!