SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Oh man..what a week...and its only tuesday :( *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-08, 05:19 AM
Enigma8246
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought not securing loads was just a dumbass redneck thing. Had a piece of cardboard clip my mirror and passenger side A pillar monday. That ***** is like sandpaper at 80mph.

I have 5% on sides and back and have had no problems despite being pulled over several times (in several states) with it. Thank God i'm not in cali.
Old 10-01-08, 05:26 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

We have those idiot cops here too . i picked up a ticket for my exhaust because the soarer sounds like a backfire while changing gears.Maby if your tails wasen't so dark you might or got away with it.
Old 10-01-08, 06:04 AM
1985zcar
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks dude, I've had both things happen to me...first day I put my Wise lip on, I hit a curb and cracked it right down the middle like that.

And I've had a cop follow me into my neighborhood only to tell me to put my front plate on, lol. I was like "My car didn't come with one" and walked in my house
Old 10-01-08, 07:51 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

that sucks I've had to remove my A.C. front bump.It's a pain in a__ But because it's made of fib/glass.Any good body shop can you right.As far as the tint and tail lights you what you do bro.Good luck
Old 10-01-08, 08:25 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Sorry to see the damage to your AC front bumper mine got cracked on a driveway last year but it wasn't noticable and it was an easy fix for my body guy. That's one of the reasons I don't daily drive the SC lol. I got 20% tint on the SC and got a ticket in VA for tint even though I live in MD
Old 10-01-08, 11:02 AM
twizted
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scshinobi
i have 15 all around and i cant see shiz at night how do you manage 15 on the windshield that must be insane
I see fine, i'm use to it i guess... hawkeyes lol
Old 10-01-08, 11:18 AM
bcp_sc300

Man i hate Saratoga cops, Got a ticket at the Krispy Kreme for loud system

So what you going to do with the AC kit?
Old 10-01-08, 11:19 AM
shaitaan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bcp_sc300
Man i hate Saratoga cops, Got a ticket at the Krispy Kreme for loud system

So what you going to do with the AC kit?

get it fixed. Quote is $1200
Old 10-01-08, 11:33 AM
twizted
Instructor

Mine, they actually gave 2 ticket they said here is one for the side and rear tint and here is another for the front. I said uh well why didn't you just put the total one one ticket then? Total super trooper style cop mustache rock star frame sunglasses... Must be meeting a quota in some counties i tell yu...
Old 10-01-08, 12:01 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to preach but I think it is wiser to not have tint. It makes life easier for police officers as tints jeopardizes their safety and makes their jobs a little much more difficult. If you make it easy on them by doing simple things such as putting your hands on the wheels and illuminating your interior at night with the interior lights and have transparent windows, then you have a better chance of getting some leniency than have limo tint all around.

Knocking on wood, I have been pulled over for about 6-7 times at night - even by the departments with notorious reputation for being ****** - without any incident.
Old 10-01-08, 12:48 PM
twizted
Instructor

Originally Posted by xknowonex
Not to preach but I think it is wiser to not have tint. It makes life easier for police officers as tints jeopardizes their safety and makes their jobs a little much more difficult. If you make it easy on them by doing simple things such as putting your hands on the wheels and illuminating your interior at night with the interior lights and have transparent windows, then you have a better chance of getting some leniency than have limo tint all around.

Knocking on wood, I have been pulled over for about 6-7 times at night - even by the departments with notorious reputation for being ****** - without any incident.

Well first i had a medical exemption, second i had my whole girlfriend family in the car and he kept asking us if we had any weapons after we told him no 10 times. He had me get out of the car and walk to his as he asked me some more if i had any weapons. Then he asked me why i was running from him, i had it on cruise on i75 a 70mph. No music on and 5 people in the car, i pulled right over i was not running from him.

Guy was out of his mind, i have also been pulled over probably 5 times. Just to be asked is this your car, (always wanting to reply no its my grandma's!). Only to be told to go on my way, i believe that is harassment without probable cause. My GF dad is a cop to and he looked like he was going to deck this guy in the face haha.
Old 10-01-08, 01:35 PM
J:M
Pole Position

Originally Posted by xknowonex

I agree with you totally. In CA, no tint is allowed. But I did a 50% all around, barely tell it's there, but it keeps my car cool, so functionally it's great! At night, you can definately tell that the tint is there. I wanted a tint that looked like it came from factory.

When we all got our tint in CA, we all KNOW that it's not legal yet we do it. I think I did the safest one, as I have never been pulled over for it, since you can barely tell it's there. Cops are always looking for something to pull you over for, that's their job. I say, why give them any more reason to pull ahole-moves on you. You have tinted tails, tinted windows, large/loud exhaust, as sucky as it is, YOU ARE ASKING FOR THEIR ATTENTION. Just don't cry that you're taking it up the *** because of something that you think shouldn't be a big problem. This rant isn't meant for anyone specifically. Meant for the people that complain about, well, getting caught.

I've had friend's cars where they had a race engine in the car, with tinted windows, and no license plate on the front. I told him, it's his dumba$$ fault if he gets pulled over for the tinted windows and his car gets impounded for not being street legal.

shaitaan - I'm glad you're ok. Hitting something at 70 and all it did was crack the lip, that's a great outcome. Hope all goes well.

Last edited by J:M; 10-01-08 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-01-08, 01:51 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear man. Try not to be to down about it. Everyone has their "days" "weeks" or "months"
Old 10-01-08, 02:18 PM
twizted
Instructor

Originally Posted by J:M
I agree with you totally. In CA, no tint is allowed. But I did a 50% all around, barely tell it's there, but it keeps my car cool, so functionally it's great! At night, you can definately tell that the tint is there. I wanted a tint that looked like it came from factory.

When we all got our tint in CA, we all KNOW that it's not legal yet we do it. I think I did the safest one, as I have never been pulled over for it, since you can barely tell it's there. Cops are always looking for something to pull you over for, that's their job. I say, why give them any more reason to pull ahole-moves on you. You have tinted tails, tinted windows, large/loud exhaust, as sucky as it is, YOU ARE ASKING FOR THEIR ATTENTION. Just don't cry that you're taking it up the *** because of something that you think shouldn't be a big problem. This rant isn't meant for anyone specifically. Meant for the people that complain about, well, getting caught.

I've had friend's cars where they had a race engine in the car, with tinted windows, and no license plate on the front. I told him, it's his dumba$$ fault if he gets pulled over for the tinted windows and his car gets impounded for not being street legal.

shaitaan - I'm glad you're ok. Hitting something at 70 and all it did was crack the lip, that's a great outcome. Hope all goes well.
Well its different in Florida def nothing like you CA guys. The loud systems and exhaust deal isn't my thing anyway so the nice car and tint would be the only thing that attracts them. Maybe a whiny supercharger would attract them but cant help that and trying to keep my exhaust quiet...
Old 10-01-08, 03:23 PM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have 5% all the way around, and 50% on my windshield. I can sneak past the cops most of the time since it's AZ and everyone's windows are tinted to some degree, but I usually have my windows rolled down if I know they're anywhere near. My tails are painted dark as hell too, but I'll have cops behind me several times a month on the highway and I've only been warned about them once over the last couple years.

Last edited by kyoso23; 10-01-08 at 03:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Oh man..what a week...and its only tuesday :( *pics*