SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Car jacking and Mantience questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-02, 03:03 PM
AustinSC400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car jacking and Mantience questions

Hi, my name is Dustin and I have had my Sc400 for four weeks.

I almost got car jacked Saturday night. I fled away as the car tried to hit me four times. We drove 120 mph around Austin, TX's, new airport changing direction four times. For five minutes I was scared for my life. I finally made a 40 mph 90 degree turn into Motorola. I got into the parking garage after I decided they weren't comming after me any longer.

Now, I don't feel safe in the car anymore. It is a black sc400 with greddy exhaust and 18*11 OZ monte Carlos and no Chrome. Should I sell the car? I do'nt think I can own anything else besides this gem....

My next question is, it is not running right. When the brake is applied, Second gear make a "grrrrrrrrrrrr" sound. What fluid are you guys replacing into you auto trannies?

Also there is fluid all over my rear end differential. It is caked on with dirt, but how do I check/add fluid?

I also have a noise from the steering colomn. Like a clunk, a light clunk, over each bump bump. What could this be? A U-joint or something worse?

I'd like to do a tune up, What needs to be done, and what are some good brands. Also it is time for new pads. What brands don't dust? or atleast don't dust bad.

After this high speed chase, What should I do if there is damage to my car? I am not driving it for a while till I get the tranny flushed.

Thanks for your time,
Dustin Reichert in Central Texas
Old 02-18-02, 06:18 PM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Toyota ATF type T-IV for the trans. fluid (only for SC/LS400 not for SC300)
www.cyberauto.com for brake pads or NAPA Ceramik brake pads with life time warranty.

Get an alarm system with carjack button. They can take the car but the car will sound after 30 sec. after the ign. turned off the car can't start again. Viper has that function
Old 02-18-02, 09:38 PM
Camshaft
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to be too redneck, but nothing works better than a good insurance plan, a gullible agent, a serious protection attitude toward your car, and a real BMF gun. Its Texas, use the laws toward your advantage. Why didn't you use a cell phone? Using a hands free device, you could lead them directly into a police trap, and then laugh as they get butt raped by the local night patrol. Get mean man, its your car and if you like it, why sell it because it draws attention. Don't cower because someone has jealous eyes. Do you get pissed when someone tries picking up your girlfriend? When you are with her?
Old 02-19-02, 05:37 AM
VQT
Lexus Champion

LOL I forgot about AZ and TX gun law. Yes, if I live in those states I would carry a gun with me. Also, I would have the phone too.
He Camshaft, I have a cell phone with me all the time and I even forgot to give that suggestion.

Originally posted by Camshaft
Not to be too redneck, but nothing works better than a good insurance plan, a gullible agent, a serious protection attitude toward your car, and a real BMF gun. Its Texas, use the laws toward your advantage. Why didn't you use a cell phone? Using a hands free device, you could lead them directly into a police trap, and then laugh as they get butt raped by the local night patrol.
Old 02-19-02, 09:55 AM
1BomexLex
Lead Lap

just outta curiousity... what kinda car were they in
cause usually our cars will handle better than something someone is trying to car jack you in
they usually drive big impalas
take them to a long curvy road and smoke em
hell if they are gonna try to take it....make em earn it
Old 02-19-02, 10:24 AM
AustinSC400
Driver School Candidate

The Mother Fu***** were in some peice of **** 82 Buick. I was fleeing in 9:00 traffic, around an airport. I cancelled my cell phone because my roomate is not paying his rent and I am broke. Plus I was lost, I new I was by the Airport but I have only been there twice. I would have killed myself trying to use the phone. The traffic was very much like Ronin style driving. Ronin, but no fun. I was scared to death. And I have no idea why they were able to keep up, other than my car may be slow? or the fact that I changed directions so many times, I was sprinting up to 120, then turned around.

What tranny fluid should I buy? I like Amsoil, is it compatible?
Also how much fluid for a flush? usally 2 quarts more? right?

thanks guys,
Dustin
Old 02-19-02, 11:08 AM
mjr24
Lexus Test Driver

LOL, as a BMW owner here...let me say you were Ronin WITHOUT THE M5.
Big impalas...? You seem to know a lot about that subject, why is that?? LOL
Really though....that must have been scary. Theres not much you can do....especially if you were outnumbered....not to mention 90% of the time people who are doing that have guns.
Did you get a license plate number??? Payback can be a *****
Old 02-19-02, 03:44 PM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by AustinSC400

What tranny fluid should I buy? I like Amsoil, is it compatible?
Also how much fluid for a flush? usally 2 quarts more? right?

thanks guys,
Dustin
Didn't you read my post on Toyota ATF type T-IV?