SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

(CANCELED) Replacement clear or colored headlight Lens (CANCELED)

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-08, 09:11 PM
markesc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I'll GLADLY buy a set for my 97 upgraded 95 Lexus. 1) I'm not going to ever have the car in a car show and anyone that would pick apart my stupid headlight lenses is a POS in my opinion and would get tazed!! (I'll probably have to sell the car to pay for the lawsuit though! 2) 95% of the SC's on here are worth less than ten grand, so I doubt any of us, especially mine is going into some over glorified retarded car show filled with shallow idiots like the conqors de elegance...f that, I just want something that is a worthy addition when doing a Audi TT retrofit.

So I'll take...I'm sure they will beat the stock setup and that's where my expectations are.

If I wanted it perfect, I'd go buy a new car, NEVER drive it, and put it in my garage, and once a year allow people to take a look at it for ten seconds... I know people like that and they are stupid.

I think your company deserves a big Thank You for just putting fourth the effort alone!! I'm sure you can recoup a crapload of costs by making a simple everyday no thrills front polyurethane lip for the 92-96 and 97+ SC's... infact that might even make you more money...and they don't have to be perfect... it's a "pursuit" of perfection remember?

I just think we have to start somewhere....and if it's imperfection then oh well...I'll live, I doubt there will be divorces, financial crisis, and stock market crashes, created over imperfect headlight lenses!!!!
Old 12-03-08, 09:14 PM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by markesc
Well I'll GLADLY buy a set for my 97 upgraded 95 Lexus. 1) I'm not going to ever have the car in a car show and anyone that would pick apart my stupid headlight lenses is a POS in my opinion and would get tazed!! (I'll probably have to sell the car to pay for the lawsuit though! 2) 95% of the SC's on here are worth less than ten grand, so I doubt any of us, especially mine is going into some over glorified retarded car show filled with shallow idiots like the conqors de elegance...f that, I just want something that is a worthy addition when doing a Audi TT retrofit.

So I'll take...I'm sure they will beat the stock setup and that's where my expectations are.

If I wanted it perfect, I'd go buy a new car, NEVER drive it, and put it in my garage, and once a year allow people to take a look at it for ten seconds... I know people like that and they are stupid.

I think your company deserves a big Thank You for just putting fourth the effort alone!! I'm sure you can recoup a crapload of costs by making a simple everyday no thrills front polyurethane lip for the 92-96 and 97+ SC's... infact that might even make you more money...and they don't have to be perfect... it's a "pursuit" of perfection remember?

I just think we have to start somewhere....and if it's imperfection then oh well...I'll live, I doubt there will be divorces, financial crisis, and stock market crashes, created over imperfect headlight lenses!!!!
Great reply, I couldn't agree more
Old 12-03-08, 09:19 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by markesc

damn really well put
Old 12-04-08, 01:05 AM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

well i thank you for your company to take so much pride in what you sell. im glad you stand behind your word! =)
Old 12-04-08, 05:40 AM
L_dbl_E
Driver

Im in! Add me to the list! I will buy 2 sets! Cash is ready!
-Lee
Old 12-04-08, 09:04 AM
DoriSaru15
Lead Lap

count me in stilll no matter what
Old 12-04-08, 09:21 AM
VVhite
Driver School Candidate

Youve got a flock of loyal customers before we get a single product from you. Dedication and face time go a long way.
Old 12-04-08, 09:37 AM
pmpdaddyt
Lexus Test Driver

hey if u need money back for all your trouble i'll even take the slightly flawed lenses. U cant see flaws at 100mph
Old 12-04-08, 05:55 PM
nexus 4.0
Driver

the suspense is killing me. Top hat, I hope you get things worked out.
Old 12-04-08, 06:38 PM
suislide
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you Top Hat for offering a great product. Take your time...we'll still be here
Old 12-04-08, 06:42 PM
mr2tosc4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by suislide
Thank you Top Hat for offering a great product. Take your time...we'll still be here
fo sho, like our lenses would suddenly de-line by themselves. take your time, haste makes waste, there's no other company that's competing with you anyways.
Old 12-04-08, 07:46 PM
JZZ
Driver School Candidate

woo i want one! Add me to the list
Old 12-05-08, 10:11 AM
soarinSC3
Driver School Candidate

Default add me!!!

i need those...NOW. haha
Old 12-05-08, 10:52 AM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

IM SO EXCITED!! I JUST CANT HIDE IT!!!
Old 12-05-08, 10:55 AM
Top Hat
Banned

Thank you everyone for the kind words and support. It is much easier to work when we know we have to support of the SC community instead of "RAR we want perfect headlights for $100 right now!!"

We were on the phone all day yesterday trying to find a fix for the dimples. I'm driving out to pick up this resin for the mold that may smooth everything out. The other possibility is that the dimples were caused by dirt on the mold. Since the machine is down we won't know till it gets fixed. Should be fixed today or tomorrow.

It looks like the possible outcomes at the moment are:

1. Resin and cleaning do nothing, dimples (on the entire lens), recoup costs and focus on aerokits.

2. Resin/cleaning works! Maybe a dimple or 2 but still worth a quarter of the price of the supermades. Group buy, everyone is happy.

I have pics of the [extremely] rough prototype for the inners. I'll post it later today. They are unglued and cut VERY poorly since I ruined the bandsaw blade by running an airsoft gun through it. Thats getting replaced as well. This weekend we will know one way or another. Keep your fingers crossed!

Quick Reply: (CANCELED) Replacement clear or colored headlight Lens (CANCELED)