SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

(CANCELED) Replacement clear or colored headlight Lens (CANCELED)

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-09, 02:23 AM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LED tails? There are way too many posts on here to go through.. but could you or anyone elaborate on these in case it has been mentioned. Are these complete tails? And if so is it using the 92-94, 95-96, 97+ shell or something completely custom?

As frustrating as it is now it will be that much rewarding when you finally get things going smoothly. I'm sure once all the kinks are worked out and you have the proper tools and methods down you will be very prosperous. I wish you the best of luck.
Old 02-04-09, 07:00 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Hat
You know what man, right now, its pretty ****ing hard. As I type this I am sitting in a red broken lawn chair in the near empty room of my new apartment. I USED to have a nice sleek sexy desk in my condo but when the bank took it from me I couldn't afford a moving truck so now my computer sits on a ****ty metal nightstand since it could fit the in backseat of my car. Do I need to post a picture of me holding the fog light mold that cracked in the trunk of my car in negative degree weather when I was moving? Should I give you my address? I don't even know the number of the building since i've been here for less then a week. It's called coachman trails in plymouth minnesota. You take 394 west (away from the cities) to highway 101, take a left and go straight (don't speed there's a grip of cops on that road) then turn left on 14th street and i'm on the building all the way down and to the left. I think the number is 3405. 446 in the directory to get buzzed in. The apartment is #224. My roommate has a bigass dog so that may be an issue. I don't have anything good to steal anyway. My parking stall is 77. Only thing in the car worth anything is the wind visors if you want to break them off. You'll be sincerely disappointed if you remove the nav unit because when I was installing LED's to replace the bulbs something happened to the touch screen and now its normal screen. You can key the car if it'll make you feel better once I get back on my feet i'm respraying it anyway.

Thank god I own my GS or it'd be getting towed away by the repo guys. I'm paying $200 a month to club lexus to sell NOTHING, the reason I continue to pay is to take care of the head light situation and try and rebuild things from here. I am a diehard car fanatic and lexus fan (i'm on my 4th) I've been on CL since 2003. If you think I don't lose sleep over this everything night you'd be incorrect (its 2:46am right now) Bottom line is I got **** on. Worse stuff has happened to better people and I have not hesitated for a second to fix the challenges life has thrown at me. I have been %100 honest throughout this whole ordeal and continue to be. I was hoping I could avoid having to explain my entire situation but obviously its necessary to explicitly spell out my situation. If that is not enough candor for you I actually had to go to my parents like a broke college student to ask them for help with my first months rent since selling the appliances at the condo at St. Albans didn't bring in enough money for the security deposit and I was not about to live in my lexus. Am I being clear about my situation now??

I don't want any sympathy, I can handle this and get out of it a stronger and better prepared person. All I am asking for is understanding. I went from paying for gas in change in a 1GS to baller status in a 2GS, well i'm back to paying for gas in change again but rest assured i'll be back on my feet FAST. I am hurtin right now and there's no punchline to that ******.

With that said, I'm going to lay down again.

Sam
yo, i understand you guys have had a terrible time. no need to get all emotional. it was a simple question.

on january 15th you sent me this message
"Thank you for being so understanding. I will send out the fogs and if you don't like them you can send them back and get a full refund.- Sam"

Ok, i understand about the money, you dont have it yet, i got it. thats fine, i've been letting it slide.
but what happened to the lenses, do they even exist?
from all your posts i gathered that they are already done.
thats all I want to know is if what you said you were sending is in the mail..
you even took my address from me.
should I be expecting fogs or not.
all i wanted was a little communication and to install these clear fogs on my car.
Old 02-04-09, 11:15 AM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

So the foglight mold is cracked too? That sucks!!!!! Are you still shipping the fogs that you have made already?
Old 02-04-09, 12:15 PM
Top Hat
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've just been stressed out. There's been a few posts and a few PM's that are frustrating cause it's obvious people haven't read anything. The lens cracking was a kick in the *****. Yuji has pics I sent from my cellphone if he could post them that be great, if not I can take another since I haven't unpacked my camera yet.
Old 02-04-09, 12:18 PM
durtysc300
Lexus Test Driver

im sorry to hear about everything that has happened. i hope you guys get back on your feet and start to get stuff going again!
Old 02-04-09, 12:25 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

so what you are saying is that we will be getting tails instead, cause something happened to the fogs you were gonna send out?

at this point i am willing to accept that, but I wanted to know so I can start doing my own thing with the fogs, cause they look pretty bad at the moment.
Old 02-04-09, 12:27 PM
itazura
Pole Position

here is a picture that Sam sent me. cracked fog lens MOLD.

Last edited by itazura; 02-10-09 at 01:42 AM.
Old 02-04-09, 12:38 PM
gabegtz84
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Business is so hard right now across the U.S. I hope you guys figure it out.

I do political and small business consulting, and if you guys need any help or advice reach out to me.

-Gabe
Old 02-04-09, 04:06 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

I'm staying up to date on this cat food thing... I see homeless people buy cat/dog food all the time because it's cheap.
Old 02-04-09, 04:14 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

hang in there man!!!
Old 02-07-09, 11:07 PM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kyoso23
So the foglight mold is cracked too? That sucks!!!!! Are you still shipping the fogs that you have made already?
Although I am pretty sure of the answer at this point, I'm not clear on this.
Old 02-10-09, 12:35 AM
zak456
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TRD_Power
I'm staying up to date on this cat food thing... I see homeless people buy cat/dog food all the time because it's cheap.
so you're saying homeless people eat cat food?

better luck next time top hat
Old 02-10-09, 01:30 AM
Top Hat
Banned

Originally Posted by kyoso23
Although I am pretty sure of the answer at this point, I'm not clear on this.
We are working on it. That picture I sent to yuji is the MOLD, not the Lens.If you look at the picture of the mold you can see where the 'blow out' was in the top right and where we fixed it, then the cracking was separate. We fixing the cracks and will be doing another short run of fogs and sending those out. There's also a decent chance if we heat the plastic for longer at a lower temperature it will reduce or eliminate the bubbles... however... judging by our luck on the project i'm sure instead the machine will explode and something large and metal will impact my ********* at speed.

As for the tail lights, the guy who does all our graphic design stuff is working on the circuit board diagram but he's busy and doesn't really know what he is doing so it's going to be a process. I know you guys want to see pictures but trust me I have nothing right now to take a picture of that resembles tail lights of any sort. Also, if I posted ANYTHING else about them it will no doubt jinx the whole tail light project.

Everyone who is waiting thank you for being patient, those who bought lenses supported the Sherlock Society and Top Hat which we greatly appreciated. I swear on my shop you will all get hooked the f*** up. If you bought lenses you will get lenses or your money back, in addition you'll be thanked for your support and patience with our upcoming products such as the LED tail lights, exhaust tips, ect.. Things are coming together swiftly on this end and I am feeling very optimistic about the next few weeks. I have very talented people working very hard to get these awesome products available NOW. I won't sell ****ty products and the Sherlock Society guys simply refuse to make them so ensuring everything is quality is the most important thing. We are not sitting on our asses so a mass of product should be coming out shortly. The headlight lenses were the only products on the list of Sherlock Society products for 2009 that we weren't %100 sure how to make but the interest and support from you guys motivated us to produce them. The rest of the stuff the Sherlock Society guys already know how to do, so once they get released if the support for the products is there it will fuel all the other products. Eventually whether the Sherlock Society makes them in house or outsources them we WILL make the headlight lenses. The fogs we are working on making in house still. We still have the addressed envelopes sitting next to the machine waiting for fresh casts from the molds. I just couldn't send out the ones we had made already cause they looked so bad I just couldn't do it. We tried to make them clearer with the kit we use to clean headlights at the dealerships and that was a friggen catastrophe because sanding the little bubbles was a giant mistake. It was late at night, we had a few beers, we didn't try a test one (since we had spent all day doing it perfect on cars at the dealerships) and so we assemble lined them and ****ed up the batch. I was hoping to not have to post that because out of all the uncontrollable events that have been dumped on us, that one could have been avoided by us. Our (read as: my) bad. Put some 3m clearfilm over these babies that's all i'm saying. The plastic brings the shock resistance, the 3m is the scratch resistance. If you want we can send you some blue or yellow or smoked headlight film if you don't have any. We are going to preload a bunch of cars with it to get some more money coming in so we are about to have a TON of it. This week is work work work, i'll keep you guys posted. - Sam
Old 02-10-09, 12:01 PM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Keep it up, mang. We're routing for you guys! Hope the new run of the fogs comes out like you expect.
Old 02-10-09, 01:12 PM
UZZ30-SC4
Lexus Test Driver

I'd like a set for the low and high beams, all clear. What do I need to do to get some?

Quick Reply: (CANCELED) Replacement clear or colored headlight Lens (CANCELED)