SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Anybody have diagram for taking apart doors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-02, 04:34 PM
moshlub
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anybody have diagram for taking apart doors?

Does anybody have the diagram for taking apart the doors of a 1997 SC300? I hear some annoying rattles from inside the doors when you close it.

Also, what do I need to look for when readjusting the front bumper cover?
Old 02-20-02, 04:58 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If just the interior door panels, that's easy enough. There should be 3 or 4 black screws on the bottom trim, two hidden black screws next to the hinge that are covered with white (or whatever color your interior is) buttons. Pop those buttons off and unscrew. There are two screws behind the 'crossbar' of the door right above the tray. And finally, one screw hidden behind the door handle. To expose that screw, wedge a screwdriver behind the large crease of the black back panel (next to the door locks) and pry it out. The screw is right behind it. If you want to remove the power window controls, it's held in by a hook on one end and a clip on the other. You can pop that out gently too. Removing this controller is not neccessary unless you are moving the door panel away, in which case you'll need to unplug the wiring harness. The door panel should slide right off. If you need a picture diagram, I can make one. If I'm explaining the wrong thing, then ignore me .

Last edited by lex400sc; 02-20-02 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-20-02, 05:06 PM
moshlub
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks! I'll try that.
Old 02-21-02, 12:32 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help w/my protruding driver door panel

Hey Lexus SC.

I'm having issues w/my left driver door. I think the constant closing and opening has broken a piece on the tan portion of the panel so it's starting to stick out on the top left end. I dunno if that's where a screw is that you describe, but I was wondering what I could do to repair it, or if I need to get a whole new door panel to fix it?

I would appreciate your input. Hey, since we were going to meet about the lights anyway, maybe you can help me fix this door?

Anthracite SC
Old 02-21-02, 12:35 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default To help clarify my problem

The inside panel close to where the door door lock is, where the panel starts is sticking out on the top. Next to the bottom left corner of the window, right below it, is where a break must've happened. Is there a clasp there? I'm not sure..I just want it to stick the way it used to.

I was debating to use cement. or something. Would that just make it a messier situation?

Let me know. Thanks.

Anthracite SC
Old 02-21-02, 01:54 PM
Black94RX-7TT
Pole Position

Okay....if you're looking at the door panel, its the upper left hand corner that's sticking out? If so, then its held in place by little mushroom head snap in the hole plastic clips. (That's the best way I know how to describe them) They slide into a keyhole shaped hole in the door panel, then the mushroom head snaps into the sheetmetal. If you want to see one, pull up the "scuff plate" on the trunk....there's about 6 of 'em there. The ones on the door are pretty much identical. If you can't find a screw in the vicinity, on the exterior of the panel, then there's a little mushroom head clip behind the scenes.
Old 02-21-02, 01:56 PM
Black94RX-7TT
Pole Position

Oh yeah...the door panel, and the interior window frame (where the tweeter is) are separate pieces (the break is right above the wood panel)....you're not talking about the window frame, are you?
Old 02-21-02, 03:13 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default Yeah..not the window frame.

Yeah, it's the piece below the window frame. It's the upper left part of the window frame....(the wood panel is along that line)...
has come apart, and I can see a small tear on the top of it...

I was wondering how I could fix that.

I'll check the "mushroom" clips you talk about. Thanks.

Anthracite SC
Old 02-21-02, 03:50 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: To help clarify my problem

Originally posted by Anthracite SC
The inside panel close to where the door door lock is, where the panel starts is sticking out on the top. Next to the bottom left corner of the window, right below it, is where a break must've happened. Is there a clasp there? I'm not sure..I just want it to stick the way it used to.

I was debating to use cement. or something. Would that just make it a messier situation?

Let me know. Thanks.

Anthracite SC
Anthracite, I'm not sure what you're trying to describe, do you have any supplimentary pics? That would help a lot.