SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

The street credibility of a '95-'96 year model SC...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-08, 07:22 AM
rwdanthony
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha wow joel and peter, just an awesome thread where we can just eavesdrop on your conversation shouldve just went on aim or myspace :P or pm liek me and peter do
anyways, i love joels sc, its simple, partially original, forsure authentic since it is all from toyota/lexus [as for the body atleast]. aha
Old 11-14-08, 09:01 AM
khutch
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AutoCoutureSC
I don't think the 92-94 SC's bumper lights were ever considered as "fog lights" from the factory. I believe they were just turn signal lights.

The only ones that referred to them as "fog lights" were newbs asking why their "fog lights" were only working when their blinkers were on.

to me, it's very easy to spot a 92 from a 93-94, or a 95-96, and 97+. Its not only the exterior of the car, but the interior as well.

to me personally, i think the SC's look ugly pre-97. No offense to anyone here as it is my own personal opinion. Add on a 97+ oem body and it makes your car up to date.
I completely agree. I have a 95 and it looks super plain. I still love it but I'll loves it lots and lots as soon as I get the AC kit, rims and coils.
Old 11-14-08, 09:17 AM
khutch
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by CrazySC300
I respect your opinion, But to each their own...But my point was, There are now very few of us (Not neccesarily including myself) on here who still remain fiercly loyal to the '95-'96 year models....Alot of '92-'96 owners have essentially "Sold out" by converting their pre '97's for that updated look...No offense to anyone that has converted their SC's to '97+ of course.
I completely understand what you are saying so Ill just say the reason I am converting my 95 is because I couldnt afford the 97+ to start with. I got a killer deal on one that was in excellent shape. And Im really not going to convert to 97+....Im going AC which is very similar but I like the stance better and how close to factory it looks. I doubt that I would call that selling out at all. Its still the same car but with the updates it looks as though it was something that at least came from this century
Old 11-14-08, 09:32 AM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like how the 95-96 front bumper looks with the lip. The horizontal line through the bumper to the foglights are a nice factory touch. I believe the sc430s have this design as well. Personally, I think the 95-96 years look the sportiest and the 97-00 years look the classiest from the factory.
Old 11-14-08, 11:31 AM
blksc300t
Pole Position

I like the 95. I wanted to change it up with a 97 conversion but then i thought about it. i like the car the way it is. i would not mind getting a lip sometime down the line.
Old 11-14-08, 11:38 AM
horent135
Lexus Champion

yay +1 for me!! i got 95! i didn't know how cool 95 is. now i feel better, i was planning to trade my 95 to like 97-00 car.
Old 11-14-08, 11:43 AM
Phoenix400
GRIFFIN400 use you other account.

AC kit is the way to go!
Old 11-14-08, 12:19 PM
khutch
Pit Crew

Ac ftw!!!!
Old 11-14-08, 01:21 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

your sc is hot bro- I like how you have set it up
Old 11-14-08, 01:41 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

is that black NSX located in socal? if so, i've seen it once and crap it sounded good.
Old 11-14-08, 04:17 PM
Peter_95
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cbrasian
sickest nsx i seen was at button willow when we were running the supra at the time attack it was painted flat black and had one of the cleanest supercharger setups i ever seen on work rims and i don't think he had colored nuts... lol its all good I guess some like colored nuts but personally it looks too ricey for my blood
i got colored lugs.... are you calling me a ricer?/.....?

Originally Posted by product.sc
haha wow joel and peter, just an awesome thread where we can just eavesdrop on your conversation shouldve just went on aim or myspace :P or pm liek me and peter do
lol.... true... but he started it..~! =)
oh and yeah... his seats are not og either hehe..... Joel, too bad, we are picking on you till this thread dies
Old 11-14-08, 04:34 PM
camberSC
Lexus Champion

I'm down to do a shoot (if I get a formal invitation, ha) sometime soon, some changes are coming real soon....

Great looking SC btw, with the lip now of course.

Yup! Thanks to Peter (and in a way, "Miltdog" as well).
You got it buddy, that lip is all wh0red out!!

Raine, Milt and Peter '95 (SoCal folks) you guys rock...
You know it!!!!! HAHA

Originally Posted by Phoenix400
AC kit is the way to go!
I love how you are so original with your UN (kind of like that kid naming himself SCweet Guy after my plate), isn't there a RedPheonix fron FL, already? LOL.... Matt where you at? And I love the AC kit, but it sucks that it resembles an srt-4's front... haha Just giving you a hard time.
Old 11-17-08, 06:24 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AC left us all hanging...He never fully disclosed why the lower front lip was removed from the SC400 models after 1994...

My "best educated guess" as to "Why" they were discontinued after 1994?....The lip kept scraping on the road when entering/leaving a ramp entrance into a plaza or something or the lip kept getting caught/pulled off and destroyed in the process on the metal contact points when backing away from a cinder block parking spot...Which would probably explain why an SC400 lip is more expensive than a '97+ bumper...Demand for that part was high, since so many drivers found themselves having to constantly replace 'em....Am I right? If I'm wrong, please feel free to correct me and educate the rest of us.
Old 11-17-08, 06:45 PM
jgdynamics
Racer

Originally Posted by AutoCoutureSC
I don't think the 92-94 SC's bumper lights were ever considered as "fog lights" from the factory. I believe they were just turn signal lights.

The only ones that referred to them as "fog lights" were newbs asking why their "fog lights" were only working when their blinkers were on.

to me, it's very easy to spot a 92 from a 93-94, or a 95-96, and 97+. Its not only the exterior of the car, but the interior as well.

to me personally, i think the SC's look ugly pre-97. No offense to anyone here as it is my own personal opinion. Add on a 97+ oem body and it makes your car up to date.
100% agree with LEE... its all or none. The rear bumper doesnt flow with the side skirts(square sides and rounded rear bumper) no good. either finish the car off right with 97 rears and 97 front, or remove the sideskirts and stay 95'

with that said. Miltons car looks sick... i would stick to stock body 95 since he is rocking sick 18"s, if you were to jump up to 19"s 97+ body would compliment them better.

sorry if i cant compliment your ride Crazysc300, but its just not to the standards im used to.
-body parts dont match
-car sits too high
-wheels look too small
-roof visor looks retro.
Old 11-17-08, 06:56 PM
TURBO819
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Since these models were only made for 2 years...And most enthisiasts owners of these year model cars have fallen victim to the fabled "97+ conversion fever" It's getting harder and harder to spot a truly original '95-'96 year model rolling around in the streets...In my opinion, These year models have the best looking tailights and were blessed with having the sexy flat/flush OEM spoilers (Unlike the '97+ spoilers) and actually have functional foglights! (Unlike the '92-'94 models)...Raine,Milt and Peter '95 (SoCal folks) you guys rock...

Anyways,With a '92-'96 OEM spoiler,OEM '97+ side skirts,JDM visors and an SC400 lip fitted on...These "B Models" can have a little bit from "Model A" ('92-'94) and "Model C" ('97-'00)....Here's the car I decided to pay my tribute to...

One of the cleanest and most simple looking Soarer/SC I've ever seen that's been tastefully done...

And here's my "Garage Bomber" tribute to it...(Still debating on painting the lip to match)

This SC Look's Great. Good Job. I think the Lower Lip look's fine in Black. It accents the insert in the lower front bumper All you need is the (97 - 2000) Lower Door Molding & some Red Lugs

Quick Reply: The street credibility of a '95-'96 year model SC...