Lextech 2009 ......Back in the sack, ......Jack

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-08, 10:12 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 363 Likes on 231 Posts
Default Lextech 2009 ......Back in the sack, ......Jack

Brandon did a good job, but I'm going to do a better one. Kinda like Steve Jobs returning to Apple. 6 years ago we made history. 6 years later we've made memories, friends, and a whole lot of pretty clusters . The next 6 years are going to be equally exciting.

You guy's know how much I've contributed to the SC scene over all these years. I do it for the love of the game. Nobody hangs out over half a decade with you guys unless you really want to. I've wanted to keep coming up with all these idea's and make them happen, but haven't had the ability to do so without a place to launch the new creations in my head. So with the re-acquisition of www.lextech.org I'm glad to say "it's party time".

A few changes I have made since the takeover:

- All clusters, needles, climates will be micro stamped in an inconspicuous place with the date of the build so we can better track anything that might come up by the build date. Hopefully it will never happen, but these types of measures and data collecting will ensure a reliable build for everyone. Better safe, eh?

- 25% boost in power for everything. I've just changed over to a higher performance raw led/smd manufacturer that I have used in the past for those "special request" custom builds that people order for the show cars. This allows a performance boost for 2k9 and a reliability rate second to none.

- Needle orders DO NOT require the cluster to be sent in. Just the needles. If you are looking to stick just the Lextech needles in your car, you may now keep your cluster if you are just doing a needle order. Custom built backlight obviously needs the cluster to be sent in. Due to a cleanup in the process of the build (technique, redesign) to produce a more efficient result, in shop time has dropped from 5 business days to 4 or less.

- As always, lifetime wty on everything for Club Lexus members. If there is a need for wty service however it will be rebuilt directly as it comes in rather than taking it's place in line as it has in the past. I suspect most will not need to worry with this with the new measures in place to absorb the voltage spikes the SC is famous for throwing out there. Every year for 6 years the design for keeping led's alive in voltage spikes has been changed and gotten better and better. I've personally overseen the 2009 product development redesign and it looks very good. I think it is licked once and for all.

- If you have a special request or idea, I'd love to hear it. Please email from the LLS site or PM me here on CL.

OH and one more thing....... by VERY popular demand...... First free needles Group Buy in 3 years!!!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho....php?p=4047132

Main website URLs:

Main page!*www.lextech.org

The gallery!*http://lextech.org/gallery/index.php

The store!*http://www.lextech.org/osCommerce/

Information forums!*http://lextech.org/forums/
Old 12-01-08, 10:41 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

OOOOHHHH,, this is a beautiful thing. Will be hitting you up soon . Know this is the SC forum but will see what will cross reference to the LS 400 anyway.
Old 12-01-08, 10:48 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Folks who have not done this. Do it. Thats a fantastic deal. I payed alone for my needles back in the day 100. Your getting that for free if you do the "32" upgrade......killer deal.
Old 12-01-08, 10:51 AM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great B- ever since I ordered mine 3 years ago- I havent had any problems or issues- from the sounds of it- you have everything ready to go- look forward to seeing what you do- good job and good luck bro
Old 12-01-08, 10:52 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks for the explanation on the red needles for the 1GS. I was wondering why that was the case. My cluster went to you guys recently and I can't wait to see it when it's done.
Old 12-01-08, 02:00 PM
shaitaan
Lexus Test Driver

darn, nothing for 97+
Old 12-01-08, 02:09 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

There's a reason why Lexus abandoned cathodes after only one generation. A lot of people like looking at it because it is white, but so many drawbacks. 3rd Gen Lexus are LED.

Cathode tubes have about half the life of LED's, and the transformers have a bad habit of dying. Also by design, nothing can be changed or modded (where consumers have an issue with them, more than Lexus obviously). The only thing you could do is swap the Cathode for a colored one, but they are a weird size and voltage so finding them is hard because most won't work with the stock transformer. PITA all around. Lexus repaired so many they decided "screw this" and went with LED's on the new stuff.
Old 12-01-08, 02:35 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

OLT what do you suggest I do with my climate control? the light stopped working on about half the creen of it. It's not bleeding just doesnt light up. 97 sc300.
Old 12-01-08, 02:42 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Well O.L.T., Free needles made my decision for me. Pulling cluster tonight. I'll try and get it shipped tomorrow.

Thanks,

Shane
Old 12-01-08, 02:42 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
OLT what do you suggest I do with my climate control? the light stopped working on about half the creen of it. It's not bleeding just doesnt light up. 97 sc300.
Send that sucker over, rover! Pm me and we'll go through the details.
Old 12-01-08, 03:17 PM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds good man, i'll be sending in my cluster to you pretty soon as all my needles are burnt out.
Old 12-01-08, 04:34 PM
98SC400BLK
Driver

Default Same problem

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
OLT what do you suggest I do with my climate control? the light stopped working on about half the screen of it. It's not bleeding just doesnt light up. 97 sc300.

I've got the same problem, but i've got a 98 sc400.
Interested in the "Blue on White Climate"

But because i'm in Canada, would require special quotes.

I am leaving the country for a month in mid Jan '09, so i thought this would be the ideal time to have the climate done.
Old 12-01-08, 04:39 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

#1- DON'T send UPS. They charge a brokerage fee. A huge brokerage fee.

#2- Just send the face plate to make the package as small as possible.

#3- prepaid label for return would be easiest.

#4- DHL is unofficially banned from the property, so don't bother with them. IDIOTS. They couldn't deliver something across the street using GPS.
Old 12-01-08, 04:53 PM
98SC400BLK
Driver

Understood. I'll place my order in Jan.
Old 12-01-08, 05:08 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Guess I will be without a cluster here pretty soon. Looks like a fantastic deal, just need to find a good time to pull the cluster and send it off.

Quick Reply: Lextech 2009 ......Back in the sack, ......Jack