SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What would you pay for these parts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-08, 03:45 PM
That-Guy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you pay for these parts?

Last edited by That-Guy; 06-11-09 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12-06-08, 03:47 PM
jvsc300
Lead Lap

post pics!
Old 12-06-08, 03:59 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're not an idiot. You're just a car enthusiast. Cars are in no way an investment. They are purely for enjoyment and you are going to lose money regardless. (unless you're get an MKIV or something). I got my first sc two years ago when I was only 17 and put a couple thousand into it of my own money only to have it wrecked by a fluke accident and only liability.

If you keep the car.. its only going to lose value. The current market for cars SUCKS. If you sell it, your going to have a hard time finding someone who will give you a good price because many people like a clean stock car they can build up themselves. IMO, your best bet is to part out.

If your have a fairly large disposable income then your other option can just be to keep it and enjoy it for what it is. And just build it up slowly with excess cash that you CAN spare. If it's at the point where you are throwing all your money at it then forget it and cut your losses. Whatever you choose to do I wish you the best of luck. The car sounds great. Post pics
Old 12-06-08, 04:27 PM
dwebb99
Lexus Test Driver

How much more money are you talking about spending to "finish" the car? Do not count your personal "free" labor time> BUT do include any more parts you need to buy, plus trained mechanics time to, so call, "finish" the car to your liking (be realistic/conservative). (Since when is a car truly fixed/finished!?) So...What's the number $?
Old 12-06-08, 05:40 PM
dwebb99
Lexus Test Driver

$3500 to the finish line.....can you sell anything that you own (car stuff,personal belongings, etc) to help finance the finish? How about a part time job (or several) to save/make enough? How about eating ALOT of peanut butter sandwiches....I am not joking...be creative. Is it possible?
Old 12-06-08, 05:59 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Tree-fiddy.
Old 12-06-08, 06:15 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

you're an idiot!!!!....

j/k nice car
Old 12-06-08, 06:47 PM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn

I bought that Turbo mag the day it came out just because of that car, it's sexy.

I say try and hold onto it unless it totally screws you financially. Otherwise you should part it out IF you have the time and patience.

GL man, sick ride
Old 12-06-08, 09:26 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The guy who used to own that used to post here!
Old 12-06-08, 10:50 PM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
The guy who used to own that used to post here!
He still does.
Old 12-07-08, 12:12 PM
dwebb99
Lexus Test Driver

Your car is far to nice and to near completion to be parted out, NO WAY would I consider tearing it apart and selling the bits. Finish it, or sell complete. YOU bought the car the way it was for said price, what makes you think there is no one else on this gods green earth that would not come close to a fair asking price as it sits now? Are you saying your the only one that has bought something strictly from the heart and forgot reason? The hassle/personal pain associated with a tear down and ensuing negotiating over every damn fiddly bit, well it just ain't worth the personal mental pain of seeing the carcass torn to bits before your very eyes over a protracted period of time. And remember they are all now used (suspicious) parts, don't expect anything close to retail $. Simple advice my friend, never ever ever give up on your dreams(Your only $3500 from it). Do you want to think of yourself as a fool (for essentially just over paying for something) or would you rather think of yourself as being "proud" for starting and FINISHING a challenging personal project (bought financially and technically).Also,remember you are now a much smarter person about the workings of a swap on a SC then before you bought the car.That has value my friend. You will be a much better man and more highly regarded/respected in the world for finishing it. People love finishers(they built the USA) but have little regard for people who just can't quite "git-er-done". Make whatever sacrifices and Do whatever it takes to get the necessary funds to finish your dream, and walk tall and proud. We will be there to slap your back and give you a thumbs up when you complete it. Good luck,Nuff said....
Old 12-07-08, 12:21 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bro your first post is sooooo long but hey you bought the car because you like it and you have so much money on it you might as well keep it. If you try to sell it you will barely get half of what you spent so just finish the job change it up a little make it your own and enjoy it GL
Old 12-07-08, 12:37 PM
msc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If thats all it needs finish it just dont rush do little by little to nice to part and lose all that money you ve have spent either way good luck
Old 12-07-08, 02:38 PM
dumdumgreg
Lexus Test Driver

Damn, I love that suede/alcatara interior! awesome!

what's wrong with the MAP ecu?
I've seen a few ODB1 SC300's that have been working great with the MAP ECU, tough they are trickey to tune for the ODB1.
maybe you just need to find the right tuner

Last edited by dumdumgreg; 12-07-08 at 02:42 PM.
Old 12-07-08, 05:24 PM
dwebb99
Lexus Test Driver

Good decision, just keep pushing thru to the finish. Cars EAT MONEY period. When they are so called "fixed" they then need regular maintenance and insurance. It NEVER stops until they have been sold. Unless your a Bugatti owner, rarely will you ever get back your money,blood, sweat and tears with auto's. Soooo....just enjoy the ride. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Quick Reply: What would you pay for these parts?