SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

One step foward and 2-3 steps back (Car gor broken into last night)

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-08, 12:41 AM
J_Atreides
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not much of a consolation, but at least you didn't lose over $1-2K worth of engine/performance stuff. To me, at least gives you an excuse to change/modify the interior. When my car was stolen, changed scenes and got an even better car. Had it not been stolen, I might've just stayed w/ a 4 door sedan and never got into Lexus.

I'm trying to be the most optimistic pessimist.

Still, sorry for the loss.
Old 12-13-08, 01:08 AM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to hear that man
Old 12-13-08, 06:11 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i sent you a pm, i have all the parts to fix it, hit me up
Old 12-13-08, 07:17 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Man that sucks...don't you just love how the Po-Po operate? I bet if you would of said shots fired, they would of been there in less than 15 mins? Good luck with getting your SC back together. Keep us informed.
Old 12-13-08, 08:56 AM
dwebb99
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to hear about your break-in and loss/ It is not unusual AT ALL to have cars broken into when sitting at car shops. It's a VERY common place for rip-offs to occur. Me, I NEVER allow them to leave my car outside at night. BTW, go easy on the Cops. Often they have more pressing issues then checking up immediately on a car break-in. Just the other day a local cop had his brains blown away over a simple traffic ticket. (He was married father of 2 teen-aged sons) Luckly, they caught the SOB.They're out doing the best they can, cut them alittle slack. Glad your able to put your car back together without to much hassel.
Old 12-14-08, 01:21 PM
TLDriver
Lexus Test Driver

I know it's not the cops fault this happened... but when you are already upset and they are adding to the anger/emotions you can't really help it. The cops were cool once they got here. They started looking under the hood. Good thing I just have headers and everything else is stock. Hahaha... So I am spending my Sunday cleaning all the glass out of the car. It's hard to get all of it. I hope it never happens to any of you.
Old 12-14-08, 05:07 PM
Spooled
Lead Lap

Sorry to hear of this man. I know what it feels like to have your car violated. I would've rather had found my car radio-less with the seats cut up then how the police did find it:

Not trying to thread jack, but maybe these pics will make you realize you're somewhat fortunate. My mint and modded 98 GSX was raped.

Hope everything works out for you.
Old 12-14-08, 06:15 PM
SEIDO
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

LMAO..

Im very sorry to hear about this occuring tho man.
I dread anyone breaking into my car, and/or stealing it. I adore it.
Alotta crazy s*** happens in my area, and houses get broken into;
sometimes I hear unusual ruckus' outside, but the first thing I look out the window for before any other property damage, is my SC Haha.

Originally Posted by TLDriver
I just called the police dispatch again. Wow I just realized on how much of a smart *** I am. I called and said
Me: "Hello I called earlier and I was told there was going to be an officer right now. This right now has been over an hour ago. I was just wondering what the status is"
Them: "Let me connect you to the right person"
Me: "Ok"
Them: "Hello, how can I help you?"
Me: "Hello I called earlier and I was told there was going to be an officer right now. This right now has been over an hour ago. I was just wondering what the status is"
Them: "I'm sorry it's taking a while something happened and we needed to send them out for something else"
Me: "I understand but I don't know the feeling, when you feel like you just got rapped from your belongings and have to wait over and hour for a right now, with your thumb up your *** it's not fun."
Them: “We will have someone over there as soon as we can.”
Me: “Should I go get breakfast while I wait?”
Them: “They will be there soon Sr.”
Me: “So does that give me time to go get breakfast before they get here? Or do you expect them to be here in the next 15 minutes?”
Them: “Please just wait for them there. Don’t leave the building”
Me: “Ok I’ll just wait around, but damn I’m hungry now. Have a good day.”

Last edited by SEIDO; 12-17-08 at 06:29 AM.
Old 12-14-08, 08:08 PM
khutch
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

When I had my 92 back in 2001-2002 they WERE the most targeted cars for theft. This can be take 2 ways I suppose.....1. Awesome! Everyone wants our car. 2. Damn, EVERYONE wants our car!
Old 12-14-08, 08:13 PM
khutch
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

BTW, I am sorry that happened man....

Ive had it happen before but it was a POS CRX.....still know the feeling tho.

Time to mod the interior!
Old 12-14-08, 09:02 PM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

those f$#%(n a$$holes......god help the guy thats jackin my car and im there to see/stop him. Its mouth on the curb time.

Sorry to hear about this...it happened to me a while back. Dont worry, in these kinds of things you always end up coming out better.

GL
Old 12-14-08, 09:40 PM
dumdumgreg
Lexus Test Driver

Damn man that sucks!
did the cops take any finger prints off the car?
Old 12-17-08, 04:51 PM
TLDriver
Lexus Test Driver

The cops go some prints from the car.... I just got off the phone with the insurance guy and they said that they might just total out my car. That the repairs might cost them from 2-4k. They are also assuming that they are going to pay the body shop and so on to do all the work. I don't know what will happen there. If they don't total out my car I will be happy and if they total out my car I might have to buy the car back assuming they give me option. Has anyone dealt with an issue like this before?
Old 12-18-08, 11:29 AM
User1321989
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TLDriver
The cops go some prints from the car.... I just got off the phone with the insurance guy and they said that they might just total out my car. That the repairs might cost them from 2-4k. They are also assuming that they are going to pay the body shop and so on to do all the work. I don't know what will happen there. If they don't total out my car I will be happy and if they total out my car I might have to buy the car back assuming they give me option. Has anyone dealt with an issue like this before?
ya, the ****ty thing is, you have to make a choice whether or not, a "salvaged" title makes that big of a difference to you, if you want to try and retain a clean title you can ask them to pay the maximum amount, before they consider it totaled, (less than 50% of the total cars value), or they will total it out and give you max value on your car, and you can buy your car back

NOW let me warn you if you do decide to total it you have to get a brake and light inspection, and do a bunch of DMV bull****, I did the run around for my integra when those bastards stole my car...

BUT in retrospect it being a lexus and not a integra, and assuming you do all/most of your own work, I would opt to keep it clean title (for resale/value) purposes and then get what money you can NEGOTIATE!! you should have more than enough funds to repair your damage and possibly do a few more mods..

good luck with it.. if you have more questions about it feel free to PM me
Old 12-18-08, 04:05 PM
TLDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks man! I might have to just get it Salvaged. I know I am going to be keeping the car. If anything does come to mind I will ask. Thanks!

Quick Reply: One step foward and 2-3 steps back (Car gor broken into last night)