SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

One step foward and 2-3 steps back (Car gor broken into last night)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-08, 09:50 AM
TLDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default One step foward and 2-3 steps back (Car gor broken into last night)

Well I been doing a R154 swap at my buddies place. I get a couple calls early in the morning. No big deal, once I look at who the miss calls were from I knew it wasn't any good news. Listen to my voicemail before calling him back.

Voicemail: "Hey Eddie, I got some bad new man. I got to the shop and I noticed someone broke into your car. They took some stuff, but it looks like they tried to steal you car. Call me as soon as you can."

My heart just dropped... it's rare when I get upset or a feeling like that, but all the hard work, money and countless hours to get my car to the state that is in. Even though it's not the best looking/fastest SC out there I get a smile each time I jump in it to drive.

I show up and there are a lot of things wrong with it now.
List:
Back light (passenger side) with key assembly broken.
Rear 1/4 window broken (passenger side)
Full back seat is now torn to pieces including all the cardboard/stock sub area
Center console ripped out.
Climate control cut out.
My HU is now gone.
Ignition key hole tampered/broken.
pretty much half of my interior has to get redone.

The funny side to this is that they tried to jump my car and hotwire my car to steal the car. Ummm there is a problem with that. My transmission is sitting inside the shop in a cart.

So here I wait for the cops to file a police report. YAY to the *******s that will show up look at it and walk away. I feel like not only are we targeted by the damn cops but also the thieves.

I'll post up pictures later...
Old 12-12-08, 09:57 AM
lemaylexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, man. This is terrible. Sorry to hear about this. We had our car stolen in New Orleans shortly after Katrina and we were over 1500 miles from home, so I know the feeling. I hope they can get some sort of insight as to who's responsible. Best of luck.
Old 12-12-08, 10:07 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

man i know how you feel man... someone stole my system from my SC =/

i hate thieves... we should make a law that lets car owners shoot on sight...
Old 12-12-08, 10:24 AM
TLDriver
Lexus Test Driver

I just called the police dispatch again. Wow I just realized on how much of a smart *** I am. I called and said
Me: "Hello I called earlier and I was told there was going to be an officer right now. This right now has been over an hour ago. I was just wondering what the status is"
Them: "Let me connect you to the right person"
Me: "Ok"
Them: "Hello, how can I help you?"
Me: "Hello I called earlier and I was told there was going to be an officer right now. This right now has been over an hour ago. I was just wondering what the status is"
Them: "I'm sorry it's taking a while something happened and we needed to send them out for something else"
Me: "I understand but I don't know the feeling, when you feel like you just got rapped from your belongings and have to wait over and hour for a right now, with your thumb up your *** it's not fun."
Them: “We will have someone over there as soon as we can.”
Me: “Should I go get breakfast while I wait?”
Them: “They will be there soon Sr.”
Me: “So does that give me time to go get breakfast before they get here? Or do you expect them to be here in the next 15 minutes?”
Them: “Please just wait for them there. Don’t leave the building”
Me: “Ok I’ll just wait around, but damn I’m hungry now. Have a good day.”
Old 12-12-08, 11:15 AM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry man
Old 12-12-08, 11:21 AM
Trevstuh
Lexus Test Driver

I feel your pain bro, 2 days ago somebody tried to break into my sc and messed up my passenger side key hole, my windows, and tint. So I got to get a new key hole and the tint shop won't fix my tint. Does your friend have camera's around the shop?
Old 12-12-08, 11:25 AM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear man, hope they find the culprits.
Old 12-12-08, 11:29 AM
TLDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Trevstuh
I feel your pain bro, 2 days ago somebody tried to break into my sc and messed up my passenger side key hole, my windows, and tint. So I got to get a new key hole and the tint shop won't fix my tint. Does your friend have camera's around the shop?
Well he just got the shop and is in process of ordering the cameras. So clearly they aren't here yet. I hate how it always seems to happen that way.

Thank you guys for the support/ encouragement, but it still sucks big time. The cops just left and they had pulled a few prints. They were shocked on how “destroyed” they had left the car. I look at the interior and I see an interior that belongs in the junk yard now. I hope they find the guys who did it too.
Old 12-12-08, 11:52 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

that sucks man...good thing they didn't steal the car. Don't worry about being an *** to the cops...they needed that and honestly, if this happen to me, I'd be pretty pissed off too
Old 12-12-08, 01:01 PM
Peter_95
Lexus Champion

oh man.... that really sucks... i wonder if sc's are the next targeted cars these days. I've been hearing stories.
Gotta keep the car clean now....
Old 12-12-08, 06:41 PM
TLDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Well good news, I found all the parts that were damaged except the trunk key hole (damaged)
Just need to go pick them up tonight/tomorrow.
Old 12-12-08, 06:41 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whoa whaaatt??? Whats up with cars getting broken into in SoCal shops? Something doesnt seem right. Im sorry your car was broken into. It just sucks to know that you put all that money and hard work into a car to just have someone brake into it and rip it apart. I hope the police find out who did it.
Old 12-12-08, 08:00 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Sorry to hear. If you find them post pics of their nuts in a glass jar and a smile as you place it on the mantle.
Old 12-12-08, 09:08 PM
nkx1
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Does your buddy have insurance for his shop? Since the car was in the custody of your buddy/shop, that is something that may be covered unless you agreed to a waiver of liability of some sort.

In this circumstance, it's too bad it's your buddy... otherwise, it could be asserted that adequate security wasn't provided, etc to attempt to get the shop to cover the damages in the event insurance wouldn't cover anything.

I'm not implying that the shop should get screwed over, just that adequate security should be provided for vehicles in their custody, and if such security isn't provided, then the shop should bear some responsibility.
Old 12-12-08, 11:49 PM
TLDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by nkx1
Does your buddy have insurance for his shop? Since the car was in the custody of your buddy/shop, that is something that may be covered unless you agreed to a waiver of liability of some sort.

In this circumstance, it's too bad it's your buddy... otherwise, it could be asserted that adequate security wasn't provided, etc to attempt to get the shop to cover the damages in the event insurance wouldn't cover anything.

I'm not implying that the shop should get screwed over, just that adequate security should be provided for vehicles in their custody, and if such security isn't provided, then the shop should bear some responsibility.
He tried to pay for the parts and said he would install it, but he has been doing all the work on my car without a charge. I would hate to do that to him. I know that I can go after the insurance and so on... but shoot 220.00 bucks later I am almost done gathering all the parts. The one that cost the most was the head unit... egh I will upgrade this time not by choice.

Here are some pictures
http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x...Xo/break%20in/

Quick Reply: One step foward and 2-3 steps back (Car gor broken into last night)