t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am going to guess wide body
Old 12-15-08, 03:23 PM
mrhappi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL, me and jgdynamics were going to throw you off the parking structure and keep it. Congratulations and let's see the finished product.
Old 12-15-08, 06:19 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

man... this is the biggest tease... im sooo mad that i cant read jap right now...
Old 12-15-08, 06:57 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Congrats! Did they make you pull your car up and check that you didn't have a wing? haha
Old 12-15-08, 07:05 PM
818sc400
Lead Lap

so wat is it???
Old 12-15-08, 08:23 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by reamemiya
Congrats! Did they make you pull your car up and check that you didn't have a wing? haha
LOL... I was about to lie and say that he have a wing to disqualified him. But that would be too cruel .
Old 12-15-08, 11:24 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Okay guys, I am going to spill the beans.

A couple of months ago some guy backed into my car at the gym so everything has been like Pandora's Box ever since.

Here is the update on the situation:

1. At first, I was going to get the faded rear bumpers painted too while I get the rear quarter panel fixed

2. Then I realized, oh I should get the front bumper repainted and get the crack fixed too while I am at it

3. Then, oh no, why should I waste paint on an ugly 92-96 bumper?

4. Okay, easy solution... I'll fork out 300 odd bucks to get a new 97+ bumper

5. Then I realized that it is going to look incomplete without the rest of the 97+ pieces so its "only" a couple hundred dollars more to complete the kit. So, I bought the 97+ side skirts and bumper

6. After all this money spent, it still looks too OEM so lets get some subtle aftermarket exterior mods going

7. So, I forked out a couple hundred hundred bucks more for a Vertex 97+ front lip and the Vertex hood spoiler. Best of all, I won the rear trunk spoiler at a raffle at a meet, courtesy of luxurymod.com

8. Now that I have everything, it is ready for the body shop after Christmas when work slows down

10 ....Wait, with all of these authentic Vertex parts, I am really worried that all of this will end up looking like crap without the Vertex side skirts and rear bumper

So now my main concern is whether the front lip will flow with the OEM skirts and rear bumper.

At this point, I just want to take this car in and I do not want to spend any more money and time to source Vertex - or the cheaper Origin - sides and rear bumper, especially after dumping time and money into the OEM ones that are taking up my room space here

Last edited by xknowonex; 12-16-08 at 12:00 AM.
Old 12-15-08, 11:34 PM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

wow.. you got taken in by the mod bug :\
Old 12-15-08, 11:38 PM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Haha. Looks like you really went all out. It should come out great once its all painted though.
Old 12-16-08, 12:30 AM
818sc400
Lead Lap

im really curious to see the final product
Old 12-16-08, 02:45 AM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

^^ as well ^^
Old 12-16-08, 12:29 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Originally Posted by xknowonex

A couple of months ago some guy backed into my car at the gym so everything has been like Pandora's Box ever since.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/xknowonex/rearquarterpanelhit/_MG_1399.jpg

1. At first, I was going to get the faded rear bumpers painted too while I get the rear quarter panel fixed

2. Then I realized, oh I should get the front bumper repainted and get the crack fixed too while I am at it

5. Then I realized that it is going to look incomplete without the rest of the 97+ pieces so its "only" a couple hundred dollars more to complete the kit. So, I bought the 97+ side skirts and bumper

6. After all this money spent, it still looks too OEM so lets get some subtle aftermarket exterior mods going

7. So, I forked out a couple hundred hundred bucks more for a Vertex 97+ front lip and the Vertex hood spoiler. Best of all, I won the rear trunk spoiler at a raffle at a meet, courtesy of luxurymod.com

8. Now that I have everything, it is ready for the body shop after Christmas when work slows down

10 ....Wait, with all of these authentic Vertex parts, I am really worried that all of this will end up looking like crap without the Vertex side skirts and rear bumper

So now my main concern is whether the front lip will flow with the OEM skirts and rear bumper.

At this point, I just want to take this car in and I do not want to spend any more money and time to source Vertex - or the cheaper Origin - sides and rear bumper, especially after dumping time and money into the OEM ones that are taking up my room space here
Congrats. Can't wait to see the car! It's going to be sexy
Old 12-16-08, 01:13 PM
mr2tosc4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xknowonex

Same exact train of thought for me except I stopped at no.5 and ended up with a complete respray!
Old 12-24-08, 03:06 PM
camberSC
Lexus Champion

Congrats Jerry!!!!! cannot wait to see this done.
Old 12-24-08, 08:19 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by -MILTDOG-
Congrats Jerry!!!!! cannot wait to see this done.
Thanks. I am really wanting to get rid of my 97+ Side Skirts and Rear Bumpers for the Origin one to complete the look. Dumb thing is that the OEM ones costs as much as the Origin one

Quick Reply: Teaser... U know your parts are good when you can't read the instructions