SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Lexus service

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-02, 09:47 AM
DuB
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Lexus service

How do the Lexus dealers treat you when you bring your cars in? Toyota is known for reliability, but they ought to be infamous for crappy service. The dealers are lucky that the cars are so reliable or else more people would know how bad Toyota service really is. Everytime I bring my truck in for something, they always try to screw me There's a suspension recall out for my truck right now and a buncha guys on this Toyota board say they're not getting any cooperation from the dealers nor Toyota's 1800 service number. Everyone is playing dumb, saying that they haven't heard of it, nor find anything. I tried getting the suspension work done last year under a TSB, but they wouldn't do it. I clearly had something wrong w/ my suspension since I only had a 1/4" of travel in the rear before it'd hit the bumpstop. I bottomed out on anything and everything. If I turned into a driveway too fast, it'd bottom out. I temporarily fixed it by putting in 1" spacers on top of the rear coils. Well, I'm going to bring in the truck soon to see if they'll do it under the recall this time.

Sorry for the long message, just wondering if you guys get treated like this, too. Toyotas are great cars, but I don't know if I'd buy another one just because the dealers are so incredibly bad. If Lexus is different, I'd consider them, but if I had to buy a car right now at this moment, it'd be something like an Acura TL.
Old 02-26-02, 10:12 AM
Legends6spd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lexus is known to have the absolute BEST in customer service and satisifaction. You simply can't get better service elsewhere.
As for the recall, you should be getting something in the mail if there's a recall. How can they play dumb when you waive that recall notice in their face?

One thing about Lexus service is that you are PAYING for it. It's actually quite expensive if the work isn't covered by warranty.
Old 02-26-02, 10:15 AM
Red93sc400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am blessed with three of the most wonderful Lexus dealers in my area of Connecticut. Hoffman in E. Hartford, Lexus of Westport and McDermott of E. Haven are total top notch organizations who provide excellent service and commitment with follow-up. I would rate each of these dealer with 5 stars +.

However, from some of the feedback and dealer bashing that I have read about here, my experiences with these dealers is sadly not shared by others in different parts of the country.

Also, we have here some of the best BMW dealers and Porsche dealers as well.
Old 02-27-02, 06:15 PM
DuB
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 38 Posts

well, here's a post about the recall
http://www.outdoorwire.com/cgi-bin/u...&f=13&t=009285

Yeah, I've heard that Lexus dealers are pretty good to their customers. I have a pal in PA whose dealer is a Lexus/Toyota dealer and they treat him REALLY well. They said they'd even do my suspension until they found out I was in CA. I bought my truck from Longo and even though their Lexus dealership is right next to their Toyota one, they're totally separate, so I still got shafted
Old 02-27-02, 07:22 PM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dub,

My experience....each dealership is different...private owned business...even Lexus. Only special treatment with Lexus is that you get Vaseline sented in rich botanicals before you pay the bill.

Really, these are great cars....Toyotas and Lexus...esp the ones built in Japan. But, just like most outfits...give them a problem to solve and all you see is a bunch of people with thier heads in the sand. I donno....my cars dont see the dealerships...Lex or Toy because I do everything myself....mods, maint, everything. Add to that living smack dab in the middle of the Rocky Mountains and you tend to not drive down to Denver just for service.

So, back to your first question...is Lexus service better? Not really, when it comes to solving real problems such as your suspension issues....check the GS board and let them tell you about the GS alignment issues and inability to get things fixed. Sure the Lexus dealers will roll out the red carpet for maint....1,000+dollars a pop to change some fluids/plugs...who wouldnt roll out the carpet?

Hey, just think about this....you could have a Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Volvo, ect...ect. Those poor saps are stuck with junk from the get go. Acura....they may be ok...but, I still say the same about the heads in the sand when it comes to solving any problems.
Old 02-28-02, 04:39 AM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I've had great service in the past. Pricy, but excellent. When I first got my car back in 98', I went to my local dealer to get a history report; free none the less. It was taking over 10 minutes, and I asked how long it was going to take (I was in a hurry to pick someone up). They asked me if I needed to be somewhere, I said yes. They gave me LS400 loaner!!!!!! For a friggin history report!!!!!

Nuff said -

Its about damn time a dealer showed me some respect. I always feel appreciated and respected when I go to the dealer. Even when I buy parts, I've gotten to know the guys there, and they hollar at me every time I'm in. They will pull me aside and quote me a discounted price. It's always nice to know I'm getting a slightly better deal then the "regular" guy.

Every Dealer is different, I am fortunate to have a good one. I hase changed ownership over the last year, but still has great customer service.