SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

How privileged we are ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-02, 10:14 AM
supercoupes
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink How privileged we are ...

Took my car to the dealership for some major maintenance. It's a Lexus / Toyota / Citroen dealership (yes, Citroen!).

When I arrived in the morning they admitted that they don't have an 'appropriate' loaner around, but they'd give me the best car that they have available.

Well, their 'best' was a Citroen Xsara. F*%&k. What can I tell you. I think this thing is entirely made of plastic. Rattling, vibration and other strange and rather scary noises all the time. 0-60 in about ... hmmm ... don't think it can even go that fast. And even after driving it for a day, still haven't figured out how to go straight. So this is what the french call 'middle class sedan'.
Oh, and it's got a digital air condition system. It's either off, or running at FULL power

The good thing about this experience is, I never appreciated my Lex more than on the way home from the dealership. So next time you sit in a Lexus ... remember how privileged you are.
Old 02-27-02, 10:19 AM
1BomexLex
Lead Lap

yea... cant get much better than
a cool car
sittin in leather
heated seats
full luxury
and its fast and wont break
Old 02-27-02, 04:57 PM
hwallen172
Driver

I rented a Volvo S40 the last time my car was in the shop. The markings on some of the controls were so cryptic that I had to read the owners manual to figure them out. "W," by the way, means wet traction. Even though the button that the "W" was on was 4 inches wide, and they could have written "Wet Traction Control" on it with room enough for a picture, all it had was the "W."

The radio had a uni-**** that controlled virtually all the functions. You had to know the Kama Sutra to get to the advanced functions, but at least they only used one ****. The door frames, hood and trunk lines were so high that you could only see objects that were at least 20' away. This caused me to drop a front tire in a pothole and bust a rim and tire.

The automatic tranny in the beast had 5 forward gears. Any throttle movement would cause it to shift gears, either up or down. I learned to use either full throttle or none. At least then the computer knew absolutely whether I was accelerating or decelerating. During the time I had it, I learned to make the tranny do tricks to amuse my friends. It didn't make the car go, but we had lots of laughs about the fact that I had a full damage waiver.

The thing had about 8 airbags, so I was pretty sure that I wouldn't die from trauma but from suffocation. To this day, that car thinks he's smarter than me. He's wrong.

I was so glad to get my SC300 back.
Old 02-27-02, 06:29 PM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: How privileged we are ...

Originally posted by Acctis
Took my car to the dealership for some major maintenance. It's a Lexus / Toyota / Citroen dealership (yes, Citroen!).

The good thing about this experience is, I never appreciated my Lex more than on the way home from the dealership. So next time you sit in a Lexus ... remember how privileged you are.
Old 02-27-02, 11:06 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Next time ask for a Citroen Xsara WRC edition, the code name is : Jesus Puras.