SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Teg gauge pod install pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-09, 06:33 PM
sc400808
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, getting things done part by part. Mainly because my SC is my daily driver too. Even once its turbo it will still be daily driver. My thought is why build a car to sit in a garage and collect dust. So Im getting it done one weekend at a time. Plus im doing as much work myself as possible. My goal is to spend less than 10g's total including the price of the car. Balla on a budget!!! LOL
Old 01-10-09, 07:08 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HeisLegend
We're not arguing. It's healthy conversation. We are exchanging ideas and preferences. Not saying useless crap.

I'd do the same. Wait to install everything at once. But what I interpreted from your post was that you'd do it vice versa. Thanks for the clarification.
Maybe the OP doesn't have the immediate funds to get everything all at once or even in a timely manner, resulting in piece by piece. Maybe he just wants to get things done while he can having less-down time w/ the car.
Hah thats why i love CL compared to other forums. I totally agree I would probably do the same, build it slowly. Sorry for the misunderstanding we're not all rich i'm just a broke highschool student

Originally Posted by sc400808
Yep, getting things done part by part. Mainly because my SC is my daily driver too. Even once its turbo it will still be daily driver. My thought is why build a car to sit in a garage and collect dust. So Im getting it done one weekend at a time. Plus im doing as much work myself as possible. My goal is to spend less than 10g's total including the price of the car. Balla on a budget!!! LOL
We're all broke balla's haha! SC is my daily also when its turbo i cant wait it'll be my favorite daily then again it'll be the only car i have!
Old 01-10-09, 07:16 PM
sc400808
Pole Position

It not that i dont have the money to get things done, its i dont have the time too. Im a federal cop so my time off is kind of hetic. So I cant really start a part of the project that wouldnt take more than a few days. Because thats all the time I can do without my car. Plus living in Hawaii is helping take the rest of my money away from the SC... LOL
Old 01-10-09, 07:41 PM
ekrebs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
okay let be constructive...

the air fuel ratio gauge:
is it just a gauge or did you actually get a whole "wide band" oxygen sensor and gauge setup? if it one of those gauges that connects to your factory oxygen sensor it is not going to be very accurate. the factory oxygen sensor has narrow range for readings and only allows fluctuations for rich running conditions during vehicle start up and some lean conditions if there is an injector problem.

if you are building your own turbo kit get a wide band sensor and gauge. aem works well. you can also get systems with data logging capabilities so you dont just look at the gauge during tuning or driving.

voltage gauge:
do you have a big sound system or modified alternator? if you have something that creates a lot of current draws then a voltage gauge is necessary. since you have it already you can monitor how your alternator is doing since leaking power steering pumps are an issue with the sc400 and if the pump leaks it does so on the alternator and causes it to fry out

the boost gauge:
you dont need it but since its in already might as well look like you mean business.

sorry about the previous comments. it was not my place to criticize...or at least do it without providing any constructive additions to the comments.
5sp_jzz30!!
Old 01-10-09, 08:19 PM
1sxyrxy
Lead Lap

naro band a/f gauge for teh pointless!