Remote Start Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-09, 07:18 PM
DONT SLEEP
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Remote Start Problem

Hey guys,

I just got a 93 SC400 and the guy who sold it to me said the Remote Start needed to be "tweaked" in order for it to work again. Right now it turns the car on, but it immediately turns off. It's an UNGO Clarion SR1000 I believe. I wasn't sure if I should post this here or with UNGO. Any ideas?
Old 01-14-09, 08:17 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

depending on the type of remote start it is, im not familiar with clarion i always used directed products, but you caan either set it up to use tach sensing to keep the car running or voltage sensing. voltage sensing can be used when tach wire is hard to get to or to configure.

i have a directed remote start on my car and i have it setup with a tach sense. you can connect that wire to anything that senses ac voltage while the engine is running. it can be the ignition coil, injector, igniter, or the ecu. i have mine connected to the cyl. 1 injector but the igniter might be easier to get to.

i personally hate fixing other people electrical install, even though i have done it for almost 6 years, because it takes a while just to figure out what the fubar'd first and then fix it.

remote start should be that bad to fix though. you can search in this forum, specifically electronics section, and find the tech sheet that lists all the wire colors. then you can take apart your car and pull out the remote start module and see the model number on it and look up the tech sheet on that from the manufacturer.

if you want some really good help on this topic sign up on the 12volt forums. i think the site is www.12volt.com. you can PM me if you need any more help too.
Old 01-14-09, 09:02 PM
DONT SLEEP
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I work at Best Buy and we get discounts on services.. I was thinking about just having one of those guys back there do it.. I really don't have the time, but I don't even think they can diagnose the problem.
Old 01-15-09, 08:01 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i use to work at circuit city in mobile electronics install...until my store got closed. right now im just concentrating on finishing school. finishing up bachelors in mechanical engineering this spring.

if the guys can hook you up then do that but from what i have learned over the years the guys that best buy dont know jack and do hack jobs. at least in my area. hopefully this isnt the case for you.

good luck.