SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Buying an sc400, mabye...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-09, 10:15 AM
ultimate
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by INEEDANSC3
No need to be overly worried about the milage, its actually low miles for its age. There may be some maint. needed such as fluid changes/belts etc..
I would say that it should be in good shape considering its a 98 with low miles just look it over with common sense, i HIGHLY DOUBT it was repainted like the other person suggested most of the time its just the morons at the dealer have no clue what they are talking about.
Go look at it ASAP, test drive it,buy it and then take some pics for us to look at!
ok ill keep you guys updated and take a couple of pics
Old 02-17-09, 11:04 AM
Anthony85
Lead Lap

Good luck with that Ultimate. I'm about pick up a 93 SC300 of my own next week.....
Old 02-17-09, 05:35 PM
ultimate
Rookie

DAMMM the RSP sc400 got sold yesterday, sooooooo gay, im sooo depressed lol, super rare -.- sniff*
Old 02-17-09, 08:29 PM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

I knew it wouldnt last at that price, keep looking and get a 98-2000
Old 02-18-09, 01:04 PM
ultimate
Rookie

dam it ive been looking all over the closest one is 110 miles away past LA which is a year 2000 with 70k miles on it for 16k$

Edit: i have also been searching online for the stuff they changed on the lexus year by year, i forgot where i found it, can anyone of you guys redirect me there?
Old 02-20-09, 12:08 PM
ultimate
Rookie

I called them about the "purple" sc400 again, and they said they still have the car, but its not royal shapphire blue (from the looks of the picture), they recently posted up pictures, and its an tna looking interior color (even though they said ivory and black...). Funny thing is that they said they sold it a while back, and now they said they have it again... do you think I should buy this. Its a 1998,(the only one i could find ANYWHERE) here are some pics and info

Price
$7,995

Body Style Coupe
Mileage 127,682
Exterior Color Purple
Interior Color Ivory/Black
Engine 8 Cylinder
Transmission 5 Speed Automatic
Drive Type 2 wheel drive - rear
Fuel Type Gasoline
Stock No. # AP04608
VIN JT8CH32Y9W1000977

Old 02-20-09, 12:22 PM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

Looks pretty clean, not bad besides the HIDDEOUS wheels but thats easily changed, looks like a wine/burgundy color to me NOT purple LOL.

Its up to you really, do you like it?? are you dead set on a 400?? if so why, maybe you would consider the 300 (only real difference is engine) maybe that would help in your search???
Old 02-20-09, 01:03 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that burgundy car has been sitting on the dealer's lot for a while. I've seen cars there, and they're usually all trashed up in some way shape or form.

I would look closely at the cars from that dealership. OR it could be a good sign for you, and get a really good deal on that car.
Old 02-20-09, 02:06 PM
ultimate
Rookie

Originally Posted by INEEDANSC3
Looks pretty clean, not bad besides the HIDDEOUS wheels but thats easily changed, looks like a wine/burgundy color to me NOT purple LOL.

Its up to you really, do you like it?? are you dead set on a 400?? if so why, maybe you would consider the 300 (only real difference is engine) maybe that would help in your search???

Yea I dont like the wheels myself, but more the reason for me to get really nice ones as an excuse.

Yea I want the sc400, I was told its faster, has better mpg, which i still find akward and disbelieving. And in the near future getting twin turbos on a car like that can make it go as fast as a good twin turbo supra. The color is OK, i guess, the only reason im getting this car is because of the year, and because of the rareity of finding another one between 1998-2000 near that price range. Trust me I have looked for weeks, and im starting to get desperate lol. I'll be test driving it soon and check howthe paint body and the wear n tear in the interior is like. KBB offers 8500 for this car.
Old 02-22-09, 01:06 AM
ultimate
Rookie

Originally Posted by AutoCoutureSC
that burgundy car has been sitting on the dealer's lot for a while. I've seen cars there, and they're usually all trashed up in some way shape or form.

I would look closely at the cars from that dealership. OR it could be a good sign for you, and get a really good deal on that car.
ARGHHHH!!!! How the hell did you know that this car has been waiting at that dealership for a long time?

This car was a POS!
- It had 3 differnet fluids leaking, all the hoses were covered in oil
- The seat belt frames were cracked, including the Vent frame
- Pump was leaking
- car was 8k and repair was over 10k
- tires were horrible,
- rims almost made me puke
- the chinese people working over there sucked at english and didnt know how to sell a car and had the worst customer service I have ever experienced.
- Links needed to be replaced
- Timing belt needed to be replaced
- Brakes
- Brake pad was rusted
- The idiot working over there never pumped the bottom right tire and it was completely flat when I came there, I asked him to get that replaced so I can test drive it and get it inspected, he said no and get the mechanic here and inspect it (I was about to spit on his face) after a bit more of talking he drove the car into his mini repair shop and got it pumped up in 1 minute.... seriously whats up with this idiot, DONT BUY FROM DELUXE AUTO DEALER!!!. These idiots are even selling a scion tc 2006 for 11k! Thats cheap for 40k miles, they surelely dont know how to sell.
- paint was falling apart
- all fluids needed to get changed BADLY, transmission fluid was BLACK
- they also had a stupid rule where they wont let you go far away for a car checkup and let you stay in a 5 mile radius.... and they have to be with you...
-antenna was dirty and did a farting noise when it went all the way up then back down (i guess it calibrates that way.. but it does it all the time)

Pros:
- still drove smooth
- I liked that cool beeping effects it did and how it pushed the steering wheel infront of me when i stuck the key in the car (it wowed me XD)
- Im jealous
- had amazing power
- everything worked, power seats windows radio

Now im seriously thinking of getting that sc400 2000 for 16k, im starting to get pissed off driving 100 miles to live up with the hype and then realize that ive been crapped on.

Heres what i have been looking it, Its pricey, I was thinking for asking for 14k since thats what kbb offers, I would negotiate with that, especially from these truthful pictures i have looked at...

BTW before I continue any longer, what was that beeping noises I heard inside the car? It sounded futuristic and made me feel like I was in an airplane when the steering wheel moved automatically towards me XD

Price $15,975
Mileage 73,000
Body Style Coupe
Exterior Color Black
Interior Color Tan
Engine 8 Cylinder Gasoline
Transmission Automatic
Drive Type 2 wheel drive - rear
Fuel Type Gasoline
Doors Two Door
VIN JT8CH32Y2Y1003092

Last edited by ultimate; 02-22-09 at 01:39 AM.