SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Pictures of Stuff....

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-12, 01:13 PM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've started gutting the white car. Im also looking into tube framing the front of the red one, or getting it fixed enough to drive. I'm all over the place with those two cars. Im even looking for another SC300 in decent shape, running or not. So hard working in this space. The car isn't rolling and I can only work on one side till I get some rollers to put the car on.

This little guy has been showing up at my garage to keep me company and occasionally scare the sin out of me.

So much change under the carpet. The carpet may be salvageable but I'm still looking for a black or grey one.

Monday I woke up to a flat tire so I just called off work and did some . . . werk.

So I started pulling my engine, but some stuff was still hooked up. So I went under the car to undo it. Went back to the hoist and started jacking and the hook on the motor snapped. I moved my head away just in time. I could see the arm out the corner of my eye flying past my face. I def would have been knocked out or something worse.

I got a few more things for the M3. I also have some stuff on order for the SC.

Always wanted to try yellow headlights. Slim ballast HID's. So tiny

Some Ichiba 5x120 -> 5x114.3 adapters. These are cool because they are only 15mm instead of the usual 25mm. Saved me from having to re-drill some super cool wheels and ruining them.

I also got a new carpet for the M3. Last owner cut it when gutting the car, a bunch of other misc. interior panels and pieces too as well as new angel eyes.

And for the grand finale my wheels came from J-Land last night. These were originally for the BMW, but when I got them I realized they were 18/19 stagger. So they may go on the Lexus and the old Equips on the M3. But I will see.

18x10 and 19x11. I forget the offsets. Like +30 and +12 I think but I have to look again.
Old 03-21-12, 01:27 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn, i love equips. Nice looking cars.
Old 03-21-12, 02:44 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh yeah, love me some equips
Old 03-21-12, 02:50 PM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

More equpiss
Old 03-21-12, 05:59 PM
skirts
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to see an update! Love the wheels.
Old 03-21-12, 06:31 PM
ZachTriggs
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thank god your updating again! Wheels look dope!
Old 03-21-12, 08:33 PM
CertifiedK
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by OBEEWON

Nice SC! Looks like its right out of a magazine
Old 03-22-12, 08:09 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Thanks guys.

My friend spotted this in Queens. I don't know if its anyone on here. Blitz 03's on the back. Pretty rare.

Anyway. I test fit on the M3 last night. Looks like they will stay on it. Im going to try them on the Lexus just to see though.

I ordered Fortune Auto coils but then after research I realized they were not made in the US as I thought. Taiwan like everything else. So I switched to BC's since they were less expensive and I know they work. They should be in next week along with some other stuff.

I picked up a 96 bumper. Went with this instead of the 97 plus since everyone does that, and I have 96 tails anyway. I sold my Vertex skirts and rear lip and picked up 97 skirts. I had one brand new Extreme dimensions side so I bought a used Origin side from Touge Factory. I have not decided which ones I will run. I also bought a Poly Urethane lip from this company called Ride Skins. It was like $450 shipped. Stupid expensive, but if anyone here has every had a lip or body kit made from poly urethane you know its worth it. So that was made to order and finished on monday and shipped out on Tuesday. Im super excited to get it. The reason I sold all my vertex stuff was I was sick of repairing my fiberglass wise lip. Also the stock plastic lip was not low enough to match vertex skirts so I scrapped it all. But now this Fujin lip is aggressive enough I might go back to the sides and rear. We will see.

The lip is for 97 bumpers though so I will most likely be modifying mine.

More M3 stuff

Clutch for my M3 came in. This is what I wanted to get for the SC but sadly the M3 called it. ACT stage 3 6 puck and light single mass flywheel.

Also some updates I forgot to add over here:

Some mediocre updates from a while back:

So one Friday I walked outside to go to work and I saw empty spaces where my cars used to be. Further investigation found them to be impounded. $740 and 9 hours later I had them back in my possession and in the smallest, non electricity having garages that exist. The tow drivers did a good amount of damage to both cars. I cannot figure out for the life of me why they were being so careless. The cars are obvious classics in amazing shape. So now I not only have one garage but two. Im going to have to buy a generator or something so I can use electricity.

I probably will be drifting the E46 for the first few events this year. The SC is going to take more work than I anticipated.

Damage was done to the white car during the tow. Bunch of stuff bent and junk. They dragged it up on the flatbed with no wheel obviously and bent control arms, toe arms, struts, etc. Blah whatev. Getting the cars back proved to be costly and health threatening.

I did some work on Sunday. It took me almost two hours just to remove the drivers side seat. One of the motors froze so getting it unbolted involved lots of bleeding and screaming. The garage I have is less than ideal but whatever. I have no electricity, light, or water. So this is going to be a huge task. FFFFFFFFFlip

Got both seats out, the new knuckle bolted up, but when I tried to bolt the wheel on to roll the car out and remove the engine the toe rod was hitting the tire. So I went to my apartment to get some tools and subsequently locked myself out. So I called it a day.

This one time...a friend photoshopped this picture of me not hitting the wall to make me feel better...

Another friend made this cool car in Forza to pay homage to my dead 300.

I also got a new carpet, and some new moldings for my fake M3. Trying to decide what color to dye my carpet. Maybe red, or Phoenix yellow (get a few babies to puke on it.) I also got some sweet suede shift/ebrake/arm rest booty cover thingies made!

I also designed a shirt in protest of ugly drift cars.

Old 03-22-12, 11:56 AM
STLSC300
Driver School Candidate

Love this thread! Keep it going!
Old 03-23-12, 07:06 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Thanks!

Old 03-23-12, 07:45 AM
jjffyy
Lead Lap

Damn sick wheels!! Hope to see more pix of you side ways soon.
Old 03-23-12, 09:24 AM
xHypnofish
Driver

whoever towed those was out of their mind! I can't stand how careless people can be
Old 03-23-12, 12:32 PM
ZachTriggs
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OBEEWON
Thanks!
Old 04-02-12, 12:06 PM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

I been busy doing work that does and does not directly correlate to the pimping of rides therefore my updates are weak as a small boy with under a lead small pox blanket.

Bilstein don't go low.

So I removed them.

I was planning on Fortune Auto because I thought they were made in the USA. But they were about a month and a half out. When I inquired as to why the sales man said that Taiwan was backlogged. So after trying to get Stance, and Tein and finding that they were also back ordered I came to the realization that EVERYTHING is made in Taiwan.

So I ordered BC's. Which were back ordered but somehow showed up in 5 days. Whatever.

I forgot I had this car. It still runs and drives...Sounds glorious.

It makes a good table.

Bilstein PSS9's out!

They have litterally 1/2 inch of adjustment. The rear has like 5. Crazy Germans not making sense and stuff.
The whole strut body on the BC's are shorter, but for some reason (I assume no drooping/settling yet) the BC's sat higher at this setting???????

Lots of adjustment on the BC's (I later discovered all this adjustment was not to go low but in fact make your car a donk.) I want to sell the BC's already

I decided against re-drilling the Equips because 5x114.3 is the coolest pattern in the world. Luckily I found these
Icibahn's that were only 15mm as opposed to 25mm.

Old 04-02-12, 12:08 PM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

My little helper so I can tighten the front spacers.

Fronts fit perfectly

I tried to move the car and heard nails on a chalk board. I inspected the front and found this.

The bolts to the adapters were a bit long and hitting the dust shield to the hub. So I had to remove everything and bend them back.

On the rears. I searched for my key for about 2 hours. Then finally gave up. These things were worth all $120 I paid.

Bilstein struts out. I did not realize they were inverted struts! Kinda feel bad ditching them. But not really.

This shows you how hot brakes get. This is on the rear of the car and the strut boot sits like 10 inches or more away from the rotor and it still melted it.

Mounts were worn. This explains my clunking.

Mmmm Mexi

I always end up with left over nuts and bolts. You should see when I do head work. I just toss them under the hood and they find their home.

No close ups of the rear quarters yet. They are not finished.

Last edited by OBEEWON; 04-02-12 at 12:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Pictures of Stuff....