SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Pictures of Stuff....

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-12, 12:53 PM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Need a few suggestions here if anyone is watching.

I bought the Fujin lip and I am planning on fitting it to my 95+ bumper. I originally was going to run an oem lip with my oem side skirts. But when I got the Fujin lip I was planning on doing my Origin sides.

But the lip seems to not match up with either. The Origin sides look more aggressive and the OEM dont look aggressive enough. Any thoughts?

Old 04-03-12, 11:27 PM
2jzforlife
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks awesome man!! Keep up the great work!!
Old 05-22-12, 12:17 PM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Last week my car died on the highway. I was running low on gas and the second fuel pump within a year decided to go. So I decided to go to a Walbro 255lph.

I ordered a "kit" that was supposed to have everything including a sleeve to fit to the stock location.

The HPF kit is way overpriced at like $250. It comes with a sleeve to put the Walbro in the stock location.

Of course it didn't and I didn't feel like waiting to return it and getting the HPF, or sourcing a sleeve. So here is what I did.

The Walbro pump is about 4mm smaller in diameter to the stock pump so it just falls through the bottom of the holder.

I'm sure most have seen the HPF vid of fuel pump removal and install so I won't bore you with those details.

After removing the stock pump I took a drill and made a hole through the plastic to the main chamber to drain the left over gas. Flushed it out with water so it didn't explode when I cut it open. Then took a dremmel to the outter metal skin like so:

(ignore the drunken monkey cut, it was 2am and I had a migraine)

Popped the skin into the stock location. There is a locating hump so the oe pump doesn't move. Then I slid the Walbro into the OE skin and cinched it with a ziptie. It doesn't move but I would have preferred to use a worm gear clamp.

Everything else is pretty straightforward. Red wire to red wire, brown wire to black wire etc.

Bingo Bango. Walbro in your tank for about $100.

Last and most important step, celebrate with brownies.

Picked up a new bumper, fog lights and reflector deletes. My CSL bumper wussed out at 140mph.

Also some paint for when I finish the fenders.

Lip

New Angel eyes.

Smexy bolts for the Lexus

Got some work done on the white SC. Cutting through the exhaust, my sawzall killed two batteries. So Ima hack saw Jim Duggins the rest.

So far I have counted 5 computers in the car. ABS and Main ECU in the passenger footwell.

All these wires.

Came through this hole in the firewall.

Engine out. Just the exhaust is dangling. Homie Hector is coming to pick this thing up on Tuesday, then I will drag the car to the car wash to pressure wash it. Im going to buy a gang of oven cleaner and let it soak, the wash every crevice of the car out.

Old 05-22-12, 12:18 PM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Last week and the week before I was violently ill. I went to work 2 days out of 5 last week. I was stuck in bed eating chicken noodle soup with a soda on the side and watching The Fast and the Furious.

On the end of the third day I felt good enough to do some work. I had gotten the exhaust off. For some reason all the bolts are tac welded on from the factory so I had to chop it off.

Hector came for the engine and stuff so that is gone.

So I started to drop the subframe on the 400. I usually leave everything attached and undo the four mounting points and let the subframe hang by the struts. Then put a jack under it and undo the top bolts and lower it out the car. As I was doing the last bolt to the bottom of the chassis the bolt to the lower mount of the drivers side strut sheared off and the subframe came crashing down on my ratchet. Below this ratchet was my right hand index knuckle. All the weight of the subframe was on my knuckle and I could not move it. I struggled spinning and dancing on the floor like a MMA fighter trying to get a good hold on my opponent. About 30 seconds in I felt my muscles getting weak and my knuckle starting to collapse. I panicked and lifted the loaded subframe with my left hand and pulled my right hand out.

It immediately started to swell. So I put the glove back on and tried to get as much work done as I could before I couldn't use my hand. I tried to lift the subframe up so I could get my ratchet out. Tried both hands, my legs, everything and I could not budge it. I had to use a jack to lift it out the way! I don't know how my hand was not crushed. The diff alone is crazy heavy.

I got the subframe out and pulled the diff apart and started cleaning it to get it welded up.

I couldn't sleep that night so I made some salmon 2am. A word to the wise. Wear a shirt when you are cooking.

Next day I went to town on the engine bay, pulling the ABS, TRAC, and some weird motor under the master cylinder. Im going to have to run new brake lines to the back and plumb in a hydro. Should be good. No pictures of them removed but they weight quite a bit. Even removing the extra brake lines should save me some weight and make things look prettier.

Also started cleaning under the car. So much crud. Nothing sucks more than not having electricity or water when working on a car. I have to carry Gallon jugs of water and soap with buckets down to this stinkin' garage.

Toyota

I bought this. Car power inverter. Makes 1000 Watts from a cig lighter/car batt. So I can at least run my spot lights.

Old 05-22-12, 12:19 PM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Sunday my dudes came through to help out. Best guys in the world. EVERYONE drove over an hour to get to my spot and they all did a tremendous job. We celebrated with four whole Jerked Chickens, two pizza's and a case of Ting and some FnF as well.

Got good work done tearing down the red car. Wanted to get the white car to the car wash but didn't get that far. Oh well. Rich tried on my Equips for size. They look perfect.

The best day I have had in a long time. Great dudes, good food and a dirty dirty car. I'm sure our blood mingled.

Oh yeah, the car fell off the jack so I had to lift it while someone pushed a jack stand under it. I'm a little out of shape but I can still do it.

Old 05-23-12, 03:28 AM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

walbro is soo ****ty lately.. and at 250 bucks its a complete waste... should have gone aeromotive, i got an aeromotive pump and i fell in love with it. 180 bucks and it flows 340LPH!!!! it kills every pump you can imagine and they tested it against a Bugatti Veyron pump and it barely flows less than that!! its silet and flows enough to fill a swimming pool LLOLOL
Old 05-23-12, 07:03 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Meh, it's just an M3 barely making more than stock power. I paid $90 for it.
Old 06-01-12, 07:31 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Finally got the car on the ground. Rear coils and brakes on. E-brake works I hate doing shoes. Finished up just as it was getting dark. Pushed the car outside and started cleaning up the garage. Threw out so much garbage and about a 5 gallon bucket worth of dirt.

Filthy behind ground. I'll be happy to not have to roll around on this anymore.

Killing baby dolphins.

Next move is to drag it to a pressure washer and clean the inside and out. Start bolting parts to it.

ECB is the goal.

Garage is a bit better but I still have a lot of cleaning and organizing to do.

Sunday I changed the shoes and the knuckles and a few arms on my subframe. The coolest thing of the day was this bee kept bothering me and I caught it with some needle nose pliers. Kind of like Mr. Miyagi!

That took way too long. I also painted up my spare bumper since my CSL bumper is destroyed.

1st layer of adhesion promoter.

First layer of primer

First layer of color

Cleared

lip attached

I will probably cut and buff it tonight.

I did what seemed like a ton of work until I stood back to see my progress.

Next order of business is to push the car outside and clean the garage, organize parts and tools as best I can in such a tight space.

Im gonna have to loose weight

Monday my little brother and I put the sub frame in the car. I messed up my back pretty badly so I spent the rest of the day on my back watching movies. I am way too old and decrepit for crawling under a car. So I need to connect the e brake cables, and put the heat shield back on then I will drag the car to the pressure washer and clean it up so I can take everything apart again and kill a few spots of rust and do some under coating. So far from done or even dropping a motor in this thing.

I got all my coils on last night. Took forever but its done. I also did my laundry.

Old 06-04-12, 01:15 PM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Sunday.

Rented a Uhaul and installed my tow bar.

Sidebar: We stopped at Home Depot to get some longer nuts and bolts since the bumper bar on the SC is pretty thick. When I put my items on the counter the cashier asked:

"How big are your nuts?"

She immediately started laughing. Hilarious.

Dragged the slab to the car wash to clean nearly 10 years of sitting and rotting under a tree. So much crud came out. But some of the stuff is just stained into the paint and fabric.

MONTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!

Power for the morning

We dismantled the car and put it on jacks to get to the under belly part. Soaked everything in de-greaser and engine cleaner. Then soaped and pressure washed what we could.
Old 06-04-12, 01:16 PM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

The looks we got were priceless. It probably looked like we were running a chop shop out of the car wash.

We washed out the interior bits too. I had sprayed mold killer and let it sit for a few days. The pressure washer and soap got rid of the smell, my number 1 gripe with the car.

This is just a fraction of the change used. I spent about $40-$50. Such a waste. BUTWHATAYAGUNNADOOOO?

My help.

I cleaned out the interior too. Hope all the water dries before the wires go hot! lol

This was about halfway through cleaning the carpet. I DID NOT expect to be able to save it. I was shocked at how much crud came out.

The headliner appeared to be the cleanest part of the car, but the amount of dirt and grime that came out when I sprayed it made me gag.

Ooops...

Engine bay is way cleaner but still ugly. The dirt is IN the paint. Magic eraser would get it but its going to get re-painted at some point so not worth it.

Some random jawns brought us pizza and wings.

Left it outside to dry off. I hate the car way less now.

So this week I am going to get the interior sorted. I ordered brackets for my seats and brake lines. Sunday dudes are coming back for the engine swap. So I need to get my clutch and stuff in before then.

Does anyone know the name of that stuff that disolves rust? Comes in a spray can...

Also my dude took my diff and his E30 diff over to Brad Hettinger and he welded them up. I have only drifted on a Torsen diff in this car and not to make excuses but I think that is the main reason I hate drifting it. Very interested to see how the car changes with a welded. It was the best thing I did in my S14.

Old 06-04-12, 02:02 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You're a machine my friend. I am exhausted just reading this thread. How do you motivate yourself to get all this stuff done?! At any rate, nice progress sir. Both rides are looking good.
Old 06-04-12, 02:08 PM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

First time I ever seen a car towed to a car wash the m3 looks good
Old 06-05-12, 06:57 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by stockhatch
You're a machine my friend. I am exhausted just reading this thread. How do you motivate yourself to get all this stuff done?! At any rate, nice progress sir. Both rides are looking good.
Thanks man. I have great friends, limited money, and a passion I underestimated. And believe it or not comments like yours help tremendously.

Originally Posted by kez
First time I ever seen a car towed to a car wash the m3 looks good
LOL. Judging by the faces of the people there they have not either. Thanks.

Last night was a bust. Started to take the dash out and got depressed. So I pulled my Gias out the red car and tried to fit the bracket to the new drivers seat. SO FAR OFF!!! Not sure what I'm gonna do but I will figure something out.

Seat comparison.

Gias is way more comfy but still lets me move around. Maxis is tight but not uncomfortable. The back is curves so you kind of slouch which is cool. If I drop a few pounds it will probably be perfect.
Old 06-14-12, 05:48 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

I got my brake lines and Tees in.

I'm trying my best to encourage good looking drift cars everywhere (Especially on the east coast) because drifting is primarily about cool looking cars. Help me help you!

Started fitting my lip to my bumper. It was made for a 97 front so I gotta do some botching.

Went behind the dash to dig for gold and rust. Struck it rich.

Space for clutch master.

After hours of the hole saw walking all over the firewall.

Went to a homies spot for some motivation.

Smeared some testosterone and tiger balm on some tires and mounted them in my living room again.

Jamaica Jamaica, this is why we are so strong.

Last night I had the most vivid dream that I was testing the SC after doing the swap. I was at a gas station and my drivers side fender was made of cheeze. I think it was Guta. The arch was all melted and wavy and I kept using my baseball bat to even it out but it would just get worse (kinda like the M3 quarters). So apparently this car will be running soon but the fenders will suck.

Yesterday I stopped at Elite to drop off some stuff. A bunch of guys were getting ready for Hyperfest and Wall NJ. Talked to Poppa Dan for a bit.

Dude is having fun traveling with Elite and seeing all the tracks/ people. Good to see him again.

Went home and planned to paint up the dash support bar and install it and get my steering column back in place. Then start pulling the engine from the red car.

Sidetracked with some Coalition tagging.

So here is where I slowed down. I started staring at my engine bay...for seriously 10 min. Poking and scratching at the stuck on dirt in the paint. I had said I wasn't going to paint it because It was going to take way too long to do it right, and I didn't want one of those rushed jobs with overspray everywhere. But this was just way too ugly. I just put that missile sticker on my car and it would be hypocritical to leave it so ugly.

This is AFTER de-greasing and pressure washing.

Next thing I knew I was in Home Depot.

I was tempted to East Coast grey the mug, primer and clear coat, but Mike's (ifxi) quote kept flashing up. "Your car is so East Coast."

I wanted to do a bright color like Silver, Yellow, or Candy purple, but I decided on black to mask the overspray. It looked so boring so I ended up blowing my nose all over the engine bay. I had a lot of back up from allergy season so coverage was not a problem.

I'm sure some will think its worse than a dirty bay!

A throwback to my old RB valve cover.
[IMG][/IMG]

I like the paint, but I don't know if it goes with the car. I guess it will depend on what I do with my valve and spark covers.
Old 06-14-12, 07:04 AM
Trevstuh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn mon ya a rudeboi messing with the cars like you do. Cant wait to see the finish product.

Quick Reply: Pictures of Stuff....