uppercase1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude whats with the boot??
Old 06-19-13, 11:24 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Busted my ankle Saturday night. Same ankle I broke two years ago. Flip. It's killing me. Im going home.
Old 06-19-13, 02:55 PM
sr71b
Pole Position

that accord ZOMG!
i want it!
Old 06-24-13, 11:21 AM
Jos
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes!!! This threads back! One of my favorites. Cant wait to see what happens.
Old 06-26-13, 02:30 PM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Too tired to type. Not sure if I will make ECB. Engine ran and revved good but its flooded and locked due to the injectors running constantly.

Also I figured out this is the reason the engine would not rev in the white car. A kinked fuel line. I wasted a year diagnosing nothing.

Broke foot.

Mr. Marley's skid racer:

Both the SC's

Origin GT Wing. They sent me the wrong stands.

1J going in:

Entire drivetrain is in and bolted up, intercooler blah blah, just chasing some minor issues and fighting fatigue. Mostly Mike fighting fatigue since he is doing the bulk of the work. He started modifying the fenders yesterday. We struck a deal for him to do all the work in exchange for a set of wheels and my old shell.
Random shots.

Colin doing one wheel peels in his Mullet Machine...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95068106@N08/9144350669/

Also some work I just finished for a customer.

Old 06-28-13, 07:03 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

So the engine is now flooding!!! First not enough fuel now too much. The injectors were pulsing and the pump was running with just the battery connected and no key in.

I went to the shop last night and fixed that issue by moving a wire on the IJ1 plug. But now they run with the key on and the engine not cranking. Gas is pouring so not sure what is happening. Pretty confident the car won't make ECB. Mike says he can still do it but I have not heard from him so I can only assume he didn't fix it.

Face is sad.

At least my wheel fitment in the back is on point. He did a good job there.

Old 06-28-13, 10:06 AM
uppercase1
Rookie

The Equips look at home on the sc. Can't wait to see a picture of it in action.
Old 09-19-13, 08:21 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

1 and 3 injectors were stuck open. This explains the fuel pump not shutting off too. My homie thefro came through with basically everything from his spare 1j. He is amazing. Still need Mike to finish up some stuff and then its cosmetic time. Brought the 400 home tonight so im going to pull that interior out.
This was with my ECU that apparently needs the capacitors replaced.

20130908_162439 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Fro sold me his ECU, injectors, fuel rail, and FPR all for about the cost of the ECU. Awesome friend. Check out his build.

TheFro!!! | A blog that's supposed to be about drifting, but will probably involve a bunch of unrelated crap aswell.
Old 09-19-13, 08:22 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

So to occupy my time while I wait for the Lexus to work and to relieve some stress I've been working on an old XJ750. 1983, the year my mom dropped me off.

The day before yesterday I got hit on my way home from work. Shook me up more mentally than physically. Not to say I wasn't hurt though. The bike landed on my bad ankle and I tweaked my back and got a light burn on my calf.

So I took the day off to clear my head. But just sitting around wasn't helping so I did some stuff on the M that I have been putting off.
Fixed my headlights/angel eyes, installed the bumper grille, installed my center console that eliminates the armrest (this is probably the best thing Ive done as shifting and using the e-brake is so much easier.) Repainted sideskirt, eyelids, and my diffuser and some other randomness.

Old vs. New.

The old is for sale with a brand new unused leather cover.

Fixed my faded carbon fiber BMW rundal.

Prepping stuff for paint. Notice I did not paint my quarter panels. I think I like them all gritty and making people salty.

Everything back together. I realized I didn't take before and after shots to show how bad those items were. But trust they were pretty bad. Especially the sideskirt and eyelids.

Old 09-19-13, 08:23 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Also did some color studies for some homies of mine. We were going to paint our cars the same color but we are divided right down the middle.

and finally some junk for Cadillac.

No word from Mike yet when I can get the car. Apparently its still running rough even after the diagnosis fix and all the money spent two weeks back. Hopefully he calls or something soon to let me know whats up. Now I am aiming for 100 drifters of December down at Summit Point.

Also rip to Eiji Toyoda, dead at 100.

Old 09-19-13, 12:18 PM
DuWerke
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

24 Pages...and I've really enjoyed every bit of this thread. Great pictures...great SC...great M3 for that matter.

Oh yeah...subscribed.
Old 09-23-13, 09:20 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

So some really bad news.
Mike called me and said that the car will not rev over 2 grand again.
Old 09-23-13, 09:21 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Also more bad news...

I was driving back from DC on Sunday and I hit a mountain of a bump. Like hitting a parking block at 70mph.

My shift linkage was destroyed. Actually I dont know if it was destroyed because its not on the car anymore. Luckily I have a Rouge engineering short shift kit laying around to install. I don't like short shifters but I would rather replace the OEM stuff with stronger parts and this stuff is pretty beefy. Its weighted and like billet pieces.

I just need some of the clips and stuff to do it. Ordered those today from Rouge. Also ordered some new bars for my bike so I can get to work and not have to catch rides.

HOWEVER.

I had AAA tow the car towed to my house and...it showed up with no drivers side quarter glass. The driver was acting really stupid and asking me how the window was attached and that it seemed like a weak way to attach a window. I told him to take it up with BMW but the window was there when I gave him the car. Now I have to deal with AAA to fix this.

Also some before photo's of my bike.

The day it was delivered.

The night my alternator died.

and now...I just ordered woodcraft 2 piece bars so I can mount everything in the front lower, new grips and mirrors since these ones keep rattling loose.

and something I did on friday.
Old 09-24-13, 06:11 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

These videos are of the engine before the injectors went bad apparently. The 2k limit.

http://s178.photobucket.com/user/OBE...O0008.mp4.html

http://s178.photobucket.com/user/OBE...O0005.mp4.html

This video is after we swapped injectors but not the ECU. It is breaking up I think because the ECU needed new caps. We used another ECU and it revved fine. I don't have a video of that.

After this apparently it stopped working again:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95068106@N08/9710743648/

Last edited by OBEEWON; 09-24-13 at 06:16 AM.
Old 09-30-13, 07:47 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Spoke with Mike on Friday and the car will barely idle now. He feels its the engine harness even though it was taken out and ohm tested.

At this point I am tired of buying parts just to find out the car is working worse. I sent him instructions on pulling codes from the ECU and he says he got a solid light. No flashes...

I don't even know what that means.

Quick Reply: Pictures of Stuff....