SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300 Hopeful!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-09, 08:34 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by markesc
What do you mean by "dead zone?" I have tt brakes both front/rear with CD Brembo Rotors, and Hawk HPS Pads.... it'll put your head through the windshield and has great initial bite....

What difference would swapping the brake booster add? should it come from the LS400 and/or the Supra??? Just curious as I've read a billion posts over my five years of owning the car....
I read that if you upgrade to ls400 front calipers and push the brake pedal, it will take some time before the pad activates. Thus a dead zone.

Then again on a LOT of SCs i have driven, the brakes are bad to begin with and feel like they have a dead zone anyways.

If you did upgrade your brake calipers, you might as well upgrade the master cylinder.
Old 02-21-09, 08:52 PM
markesc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ryeno
I read that if you upgrade to ls400 front calipers and push the brake pedal, it will take some time before the pad activates. Thus a dead zone.

Then again on a LOT of SCs i have driven, the brakes are bad to begin with and feel like they have a dead zone anyways.

If you did upgrade your brake calipers, you might as well upgrade the master cylinder.
True.... it's called lazyness and lack of motivation at the moment...is it pretty much plug and play?

Oh and try owning a newer wrx (06-07)... the brakes are truly worthless!! I hate them! About 5x the pedal effort as the Lexus... so I do have some perspective.
Old 02-21-09, 11:17 PM
AmusEd.
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1997 sc300
a 97 5-speed with 126k miles wont be sold for $6k they are way too rare. they only made 120 5-speed 97 SC300s

Well I am not going to pay anything over $8000. It has a minor dent in the rear bumper I am going hold that over him until I get the price I want.

One of the SC300 I mentioned has a 2jzgTe to whoever thought I was mistaken. He swapped it.