An SC decision.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-09, 09:12 AM
P Weezy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default An SC decision.

Hey wassup..

As the title somewhat indicates, I'm kind of torn. I have a 1992 SC300 DWP that was given to me as a gift from my parents when i turned 17. When i got the car, it had a few cons to it:
1. A dent in the front / right fender
2. Right headlight broken
3. In need of a paint job
4. High mileage, 190,XXX
Now, at the age of 19, the car STILL has those cons, in addition to higher mileage (Currently at 210,XXX). To make a long story shorter, im in LOVE with the SC's but i think i would love an SC in better condition even more.

My question: Since im of age and have a little bit of cash, should i get a slightly newer (found a 1995 SC300, black on black, w/ 100,XXX miles, in flawless condition at a GREAT PRICE! i really like) SC and give my current SC back to my parents for them to drive, OR should i keep my current SC and fix it up?

ANY comments welcome
Old 02-18-09, 09:26 AM
assass1n
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its always hard to part with something once you're attached to it. but i would really suggest going with the newer one.
Old 02-18-09, 09:28 AM
UZZ30-SC4
Lexus Test Driver

Keep the cash, hammer the dent, buy a used headlight, paint the car flat black, drop a built 2jz in the hole ( no less than 800 HP )
Old 02-18-09, 09:32 AM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I say get the 95. The newer ones have a couple cool features like beeping keyless entry, passenger lumbar support, updated tails...And you won't be disappointed with the black interior.
Old 02-18-09, 09:32 AM
P Weezy
Lexus Champion

THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS!

Assass1n: Yea man, it really is hard to part with it because i am attached to it. PLUS its my first car. but, it wont be too far away (I would be giving the car to my dad lol, he LOVES driving it...probably even more than i do).
Old 02-18-09, 09:33 AM
P Weezy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UZZ30-SC4
Keep the cash, hammer the dent, buy a used headlight, paint the car flat black, drop a built 2jz in the hole ( no less than 800 HP )
LOL. with the money i'd spend to do all of that, i couldve bought 2 of the SC's that im trying to buy now lmao
Old 02-18-09, 09:35 AM
P Weezy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by OneJay
I say get the 95. The newer ones have a couple cool features like beeping keyless entry, passenger lumbar support, updated tails...And you won't be disappointed with the black interior.
HECK yea....same thing i was thinking. Not to bash on the 92's but the features are a little shy of the newer ones. And yea, black interior is pure seeex
Old 02-18-09, 09:40 AM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by P Weezy
THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS!

Assass1n: Yea man, it really is hard to part with it because i am attached to it. PLUS its my first car. but, it wont be too far away (I would be giving the car to my dad lol, he LOVES driving it...probably even more than i do).
lol it was hard to part with my first car too. And it was a Chevy Prizm with a 3-speed automatic . I loved that car, but decided I needed something I could appreciate more.

HECK yea....same thing i was thinking. Not to bash on the 92's but the features are a little shy of the newer ones. And yea, black interior is pure seeex
I've never been too fond of black interiors until recently. My family has always had tan or gray interiors, but my dad just got a car with a black interior and I am in LOVE!
Old 02-18-09, 09:46 AM
P Weezy
Lexus Champion

lol it was hard to part with my first car too. And it was a Chevy Prizm with a 3-speed automatic . I loved that car, but decided I needed something I could appreciate more.

I've never been too fond of black interiors until recently. My family has always had tan or gray interiors, but my dad just got a car with a black interior and I am in LOVE!
1.Lol, yea...its like you go through soo much with your first car, you dont never wanna part ways with it.

2.Yea i know what you mean, my mom has a 2008 Harley Davidson F150 (i HATE fords) but the black interior is sooooo clean. I envy that vehicle
Old 02-18-09, 09:49 AM
UZZ30-SC4
Lexus Test Driver

as far as the beeping keyless goes, just wire an alarm siren into the door lock actuator circuit, thats what i did to mine.
Old 02-18-09, 09:50 AM
UZZ30-SC4
Lexus Test Driver

LOL. with the money i'd spend to do all of that, i couldve bought 2 of the SC's that im trying to buy now lmao
JUSTTTT throwin it out there
Old 02-18-09, 09:52 AM
P Weezy
Lexus Champion

JUSTTTT throwin it out there
haha, its coo, i appreciate the comments / advice.

Keep em comming! Im leaning more towards buying the 95 the more i think about it
Old 02-18-09, 10:43 AM
mr2tosc4
Lexus Test Driver

If you have a lot of cash to spare buy the one you want. If you're gonna be left with nothing after you buy that then just keep your sc and gradually build it into what you want. Cars are cheaper nowadays than parts so I'd go with buying what you want than re-building the one you have.
Old 02-18-09, 10:51 AM
P Weezy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mr2tosc4
If you have a lot of cash to spare buy the one you want. If you're gonna be left with nothing after you buy that then just keep your sc and gradually build it into what you want. Cars are cheaper nowadays than parts so I'd go with buying what you want than re-building the one you have.
Thanks man. Yea, thats exactly what i was thinking.

Here's a little part of the scenario that i left out. The SC300 that im trying to get, the guy selling it is looking for cash OR trade. Cash price is at 2500(HELL of a deal for a 95 with 120,XXX miles imo) or even trade for a motorcycle. I have a motorcycle that i NEVER use, a 2000 Honda Shadow 650cc VLX, with about 8k miles and i was going to trade that for the SC plus somewhere between $500 - $1000. After the transaction, i'd have a little cash left over (maybe 700) and i was going to save that towards my "rim & tires saving fund" lol, for my car.

So like i've said, its a pretty good deal. Just need to DO IT!
Old 02-18-09, 12:04 PM
Amini9
Lexus Test Driver

as far as the beeping keyless goes, just wire an alarm siren into the door lock actuator circuit, thats what i did to mine.
Can you pm me what you did exaxtly? I want to do that.. I'm a newb at doing anything with cars.

Quick Reply: An SC decision.