Old 02-25-09 | 04:24 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

always buy what you like that you can afford
Old 02-25-09 | 04:46 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ryeno
(After all you are in a lexus, well besides you 5sp, your car is a beater O_0)
thanks buddy...

when you grow up i hope you change your outlook on things. im sure you think you have it all figured out already
Old 02-25-09 | 04:53 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1UZ-SC
the is's are cool and stuff, but I think the altezza style taillights look weird from the side. Doesn't look that stock either
what do you mean "altezza-style" tail lights? do you even know why they are called that. the Lexus IS300 IS the toyota Altezza in japan and thats the stock light that came on that car when it was made. people started copying the look and it started to be known as the "altezza lights"
Old 02-25-09 | 04:56 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
what do you mean "altezza-style" tail lights? do you even know why they are called that. the Lexus IS300 IS the toyota Altezza in japan and thats the stock light that came on that car when it was made. people started copying the look and it started to be known as the "altezza lights"
yeah I know that. I still don't like how they look
Old 02-25-09 | 09:32 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

Sc all the way, drove an IS once and that's it, ill never drive another. If you want function and good price, get a civic! Oh wait.. Get a prettier civic while your at it...
Old 02-25-09 | 09:45 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

By the way, just so you know, an IS300 wont fit a lot of things too, the rear seat is a JOKE, unless the driver and passenger both sit all the way forward like an old granny, or else the rear seat is useless. I have 3 friends with IS, all of which use the rear seats for school bags (university... not high school), or transporting stuff, only occasionally do they ever carry anyone. If you are over 5'11 like me, you wont have much of a rear seat. Not to mention your buddy AJ wont be driving his modded IS for camping trips and mountain climbing any day soon. If you want practical, car modding is not your thing.. maybe an air freshener..

Oh by the way, the trunk space is bigger in a IS, but for what tho? Bags? Thats not a problem for SC. For tires? Well if you're saying a car is not worth buying because it cant haul tires around... then a lot of cars should be crushed. So my questions is, what is IS really good for? Sure it is lighter, but lighter for what? to carry more tires? Maybe IS will do better carrying tires, but god knows IS are not a good drift car... it's also not good speed building car... not good track car.... not good family car... not good daily shopping car (gas)... not a great looking car (civic anyone?)

Last edited by FormosaSC; 02-25-09 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-25-09 | 10:02 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Originally Posted by 1UZ-SC
how many tires can you fit in an IS? hmm?
Don't get me started, I've seen me do it.

Buy the IS, BTW.

-better handling
-lighter
-newer
-better climate controls
-drives like it's on velcro in the rain with good tires
-this list never ends.
Old 02-25-09 | 11:17 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SickSC
By the way, just so you know, an IS300 wont fit a lot of things too, the rear seat is a JOKE, unless the driver and passenger both sit all the way forward like an old granny, or else the rear seat is useless. I have 3 friends with IS, all of which use the rear seats for school bags (university... not high school), or transporting stuff, only occasionally do they ever carry anyone. If you are over 5'11 like me, you wont have much of a rear seat. Not to mention your buddy AJ wont be driving his modded IS for camping trips and mountain climbing any day soon. If you want practical, car modding is not your thing.. maybe an air freshener..

Oh by the way, the trunk space is bigger in a IS, but for what tho? Bags? Thats not a problem for SC. For tires? Well if you're saying a car is not worth buying because it cant haul tires around... then a lot of cars should be crushed. So my questions is, what is IS really good for? Sure it is lighter, but lighter for what? to carry more tires? Maybe IS will do better carrying tires, but god knows IS are not a good drift car... it's also not good speed building car... not good track car.... not good family car... not good daily shopping car (gas)... not a great looking car (civic anyone?)
not a good drift car or track car? you usually have good input but please dont post any more on this one. im sorry for saying this but your argument makes very little sense right now to anyone that knows either one of the cars.
Old 02-25-09 | 11:43 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

I fail to see why im not making sense, your point is that SC is not practical, well my point is IS is not practical at all as well, like i said, the rear seats are just about useless, it's still a rear wheel drive so still cant drive it in snow. Practical wise, No, it's not. It does have a pretty cluster and better climate control.

Without a doubt i know the IS handles better tan SC, I do go to tracks quite often, and i know what know the pros and cons on an IS, as a matter of fact, ill post new photos of a tracking event coming up on March 1st in my area, but by all means it's not a car you want to bring to tracks thinking you're going to score fast times. What i'm saying is IS is a ok car in every perspective, it's just OK, in everything! I can't think of one thing that just pops out at me when someone talks about an IS300.
Old 02-26-09 | 12:05 AM
vietunit
Lexus Champion

Guys, guys calm down, theres no need to start a big debate. I've pretty much decided.
If I can find a 97 5spd SC within my budget, then SC 4 life. If not I'll live with the IS.
As much as I realize that the IS more "practical" for the moment, the SC's are too damn sexy. Thanks for everybody's input, it really means a lot.
Old 02-26-09 | 12:18 AM
bangdangvn
Lead Lap

^ pretty funny nonetheless
Old 02-26-09 | 04:40 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1SickSC
I fail to see why im not making sense, your point is that SC is not practical, well my point is IS is not practical at all as well, like i said, the rear seats are just about useless, it's still a rear wheel drive so still cant drive it in snow. Practical wise, No, it's not. It does have a pretty cluster and better climate control.

Without a doubt i know the IS handles better tan SC, I do go to tracks quite often, and i know what know the pros and cons on an IS, as a matter of fact, ill post new photos of a tracking event coming up on March 1st in my area, but by all means it's not a car you want to bring to tracks thinking you're going to score fast times. What i'm saying is IS is a ok car in every perspective, it's just OK, in everything! I can't think of one thing that just pops out at me when someone talks about an IS300.
Don't worry I understand. I'll back you up on this one
Old 02-26-09 | 04:48 PM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

I would preferably own an SC while in college then switch to/add an IS or whatever 4-door car to the stable when I get married and have kids. You can either have a fun 'impractical' coupe/roadster/whatever when you're young with no kids or when you're old with all the kids out of the house. My uncle purchased his SC brand-new when he was 23. He took good care of it and raced it whenever he had the opportunity to. Then his son popped out of my aunt and he gave up many things, with no regret.

Point is, you're young with little responsibilities (going to school, watching out for family and friends, making sure you don't kill anyone on the road). Take advantage of it before the responsibility quintuples in 15 years (getting that promotion, maintaining your job to support your family, 'satisfying' your spouse, being there for the kids soccer games). You're young and a bright person, so don't screw up. Best of luck!
Old 02-26-09 | 08:59 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
-better climate controls
I beg to differ. The is has the normal 3 **** climate control that like 98% percent of cars have. The sc has a fully digital climate control.
Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
thanks buddy...

when you grow up i hope you change your outlook on things. im sure you think you have it all figured out already
Uhm I already am grown up...And also why would I change my looks on things after all I already do have it all figured out?

Let me reiterate myself. People will always judge you, so you might as well take advantage of this. If you don't your only hurting yourself and saying you don't need to associate with people "like that" is just lieing to yourself.
Originally Posted by vietunit
Guys, guys calm down, theres no need to start a big debate. I've pretty much decided.
If I can find a 97 5spd SC within my budget, then SC 4 life. If not I'll live with the IS.
It's not the budget thats going to be the problem.

Last edited by Ryeno; 02-26-09 at 09:03 PM.
Old 02-27-09 | 05:13 PM
over40driv
Lexus Champion

I like manual climate controls. Since a nice IS300 is not in the budget , I suppose its fate that has me in the SC. Ive never driven an IS, I suppose you would surely want the 5-speed to give the 6 a little more power?