SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

How much is this worth? 92 Sc300 5 speed 110k miles Turbo 18" aft. wheels etc.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-09, 01:58 PM
BSC300TT
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with my 1jz stock set up and 18" auto with 114k on it I paid $9500
Old 02-25-09, 02:21 PM
gario
Rookie

9k, ish. Maybe more for a dealer car.
Old 02-25-09, 06:33 PM
snook
Racer

I know its difficult to say how much its worth without seeing it in pictures/or in person better off. Thats the same situation I'm in. I'm going to see it tomorrow, the guy gave me a hard time about meeting since hes a dealer but I think hes caved in
Old 02-26-09, 04:35 AM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by snook
I know its difficult to say how much its worth without seeing it in pictures/or in person better off. Thats the same situation I'm in. I'm going to see it tomorrow, the guy gave me a hard time about meeting since hes a dealer but I think hes caved in
This whole thing sounds a bit off. Not sure why "he'd give u a hard time to meet" since he is a dealer thats his living to sell cars and we won't even send pics? That just doesnt add up.

Good luck hope it doesnt turn out to be a waste. If it was me and he wouldnt even send pics or is actin the way he was I'd walk!
Old 02-26-09, 05:08 AM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, im agreeing with above, I wouldn't jump on getting this right away probably say your ready to pick it up go to the dealer make him let you test drive it, make sure everything seems good, then if it is buy it if not, be happy you didn't waste your money on a new project and find a nice NA 5spd. btw, I check Kbb and they quoted 6,800 for it to be in excellent condition. What he probably has is a dirty engine bay riped leather, dirty carpet, rust starting little paint bubbles, and torn weather stripping.
Old 02-26-09, 06:25 AM
BSC300TT
Lead Lap

"What he probably has is a dirty engine bay riped leather, dirty carpet, rust starting little paint bubbles, and torn weather stripping."

TRUE!
Old 02-26-09, 06:35 AM
snook
Racer

I agree guys!! Thats what I told him on the phone, you are a dealer and dont own a camera? no offense but thats retarded
I have to go check it out and low ball him at least after all this
Old 02-26-09, 08:20 AM
drft_n_sc
Pole Position

its really hard to say without looking at the type of attention that went into the turbo install ...

believe it or not, i have seen some dealers try to sell a NA-T for an ungodly amount and the turbo setup look like crap ... no oil feed or return lines ... poor welding ... vacuum lines not set up properly ...the list goes on

some dealers buy cars at auction and they don't even know what they are getting ... just because he's a dealer does not mean anything ... he's just trying to make a profit

i would highly recommend you go with someone that has done turbo installs and knows about them when you go look at the car

good luck though
Old 02-26-09, 02:13 PM
snook
Racer

Originally Posted by drft_n_sc
its really hard to say without looking at the type of attention that went into the turbo install ...

believe it or not, i have seen some dealers try to sell a NA-T for an ungodly amount and the turbo setup look like crap ... no oil feed or return lines ... poor welding ... vacuum lines not set up properly ...the list goes on

some dealers buy cars at auction and they don't even know what they are getting ... just because he's a dealer does not mean anything ... he's just trying to make a profit

i would highly recommend you go with someone that has done turbo installs and knows about them when you go look at the car

good luck though

I really agree with everything that you said. I have worked on and owned supras, rx7s, corvettes, mustangs so Im familiar with cars and especially turbo setups. Ill be able to tell when I see it how well its been put together.

And yes all dealers just want to turn a profit, I wonder how he acquired this car in the first place being turbo...
Old 02-26-09, 10:03 PM
snook
Racer

the car didnt show at the auction tonight the guy is def. very shady.
Im moving on and looking for another 5 speed !