SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SEM'd Interior + Claiborne Suede FTW

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-09, 04:25 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

nice, i bet those focal kps sound great in there! you really should remove the plate between the rear seat and gas tank, your sub will sound 100x better. its a pain to remove after youve dynamatted over it (i made the same mistake) but well worth the effort once its out.
Old 03-02-09, 05:02 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are a master craftsman! The project looks great. I had no idea SEM worked that great. I cant wait to see the finished product.
Old 03-02-09, 10:32 PM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kohinoor
nice, i bet those focal kps sound great in there! you really should remove the plate between the rear seat and gas tank, your sub will sound 100x better. its a pain to remove after youve dynamatted over it (i made the same mistake) but well worth the effort once its out.
I just worry about that big gas tank thats behind there and the noise im gonna hear from the FP #1 and if i ever get in an accident, god knows what can happen....

I totally think it will sound better but....its a 12w7, how much more can I possible need..ya know?

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
You are a master craftsman! The project looks great. I had no idea SEM worked that great. I cant wait to see the finished product.
I wouldnt go that far, but thanks! Its really not that hard....just takes time!
Old 03-03-09, 06:13 AM
BSC300TT
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evileagle

I think you killed my surprise =D. I was planning on wrapping the center console armwrest in suede........and here comes the big if....THE DASH!! I can do it no problem....just thinking if it will look right thats all. The hardest thing with this install is that I havnt used any of that fake microfibre crap.....this is REAL SUEDE. Its non stretchable which makes installation 5x harder, but then again if it isnt hard, then its probably not worth doing right?
Are you using a cow hide? looks like the stuff off of the roll to me. Just wondering because actual suede does stretch the stuff off of the roll doesn't. What adhesive are you using? I again did the same thing on my other Z and it works just fine, but you will have to brush it alot because it gets very dusty there. Good luck man. Seems like you and I have alot of the same ideas.
Old 03-03-09, 07:53 AM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BSC300TT
Are you using a cow hide? looks like the stuff off of the roll to me. Just wondering because actual suede does stretch the stuff off of the roll doesn't. What adhesive are you using? I again did the same thing on my other Z and it works just fine, but you will have to brush it alot because it gets very dusty there. Good luck man. Seems like you and I have alot of the same ideas.
Its Liz Claiborne Real Suede...it stretched so little compared to the fake microsuede or alcantara stuff. The adhesive that im using is the 3m Super 99? i think its called. You can find them at home depot. Its teh stuff in a green bottle. It sprays out in strcky stringy material which works perfect for this. the other spray stuff wont hold. Ive been using the same spray on speaker box's forever....
Old 03-08-09, 12:21 PM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Slight change of plans fellas....

Heres a sneak peak of whats in store for today......

Hopefully I'll get a bunch done today.....
Old 03-08-09, 04:09 PM
TURBO819
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A New Direction

evileagle. Everything looks GREAT so far but what I really want to see is your JL Audio 12" W7 Set-Up in the trunk. I wanted to use a JL Audio 10" W7 in a sealed box. I was trying to find a way to mount the speaker to the rear deck on the driver side but it look very very hopeless. May be your set-up might offer a new direction.
Old 03-08-09, 05:07 PM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

Looks great man! MORE PICS!!!!!
Old 03-08-09, 05:34 PM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Botom half of door done.....looks much better in person too!

Old 03-08-09, 06:18 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 382 Likes on 225 Posts

wow that's sexy, and looks comfortable. Like rollin in a big blanket
Old 03-08-09, 06:20 PM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

Oh so nice!
Old 03-08-09, 06:58 PM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

almost finished with the complete door.....pics up shortly
Old 03-08-09, 09:40 PM
CLRH2O
Pole Position

Whoa.... Why the change from the SEM after all the hard work to get to where you were already in that process?! What happened?
Old 03-08-09, 10:50 PM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CLRH2O
Whoa.... Why the change from the SEM after all the hard work to get to where you were already in that process?! What happened?

Well...someone brought up a good point.....About being paranoid everytime someone steps in the car, you are always watching/looking at them to make sure they don't screw something up. Well....after thinking about it, I just decided to at least make the door panels in suede, and keep the rear plastics in SEM because no one ever sits there...I may change my mind and just do it all in suede...I dunno. Well see how it goes. For now im happy with the SEM'd Rear panels.

As for the fronts, here are the new sexy panels........

Old 03-09-09, 01:13 AM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

mmmm....a bit too much suede for my taste, I would have left the armrest leather, but it looks awesome nonetheless!

Quick Reply: SEM'd Interior + Claiborne Suede FTW