SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Sc400 Project in Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-09, 02:14 PM
Zolaswolf
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sc400 Project in Seattle

Hello Everyone, Just bought myself a nice 92 Sc400 with little problems.
Strange thing is from what I understand The 92-94 have White Gauge needles but mine are Red.... and also the Cluster set is in Kilometers instead of Miles.

The carfax report says it was a 2 owner car and I have suspicion that the last owner took out the cluster set and got one from another car maybe from canada. Who knows. Any how it has 120k Miles on it and very little problems like cosmetic stuff front headlight lenses are cracked and interior needs some tlc.

My project is to work on the cosmetics first then the mechanical later since i dont have too much money to throw into the car as of this moment.

My interior goals are:

Replace the front seat-belts their worn and tattered.

Replace the two front seats as they have cracks. I might find seat covers but i'm against them. I wonder if the seats are interchangeable from newer models if so ill just go to a junkyard and yank em.

Replace all the Speakers with Boss Audio 4" 3ways in the front and 6 1/2" boss Audio 3 ways in the rear with a Rockford Fosgate 8" for the sub.

Remove all the plastic Trim including the door handle cup the door wood trim the dash wood trim the black trim around the vents the trim around the console and the shifter trim to be patterned at PatternTek to look like Burl wood
http://www.patterntek.com/patterns/d...ge=1&focus=107

Deep Clean the Carpets hopefully this will bring them to a somewhat new appearance

Replace the Cluster set with the LexiTech White with Blue Needles and the blue Console set.

Dremal the door sills down to incorporate the lexus illuminated door sill. http://www.lexus.com/models/GS/acces...or_sills_1.jpg

Replace the Shifter **** and Ebrake handle to the levoc wood grained and chrome set.

Replace the console audio system with a Navi/mp3/mp4/ipod ready Touch screen.

Later on Ill make a Exterior thread

All in all i have a lot ahead of me and its going to be fun non the less!!!
I have been reading all of your guys threads and It really has made the difference in my understandings in how to do my own car and project !!!!

Wish me Luck!
Old 03-13-09, 02:50 PM
Zolaswolf
Driver School Candidate

I'm going to take pictures of the Car when I get home tonight so i can do my Before and After pics of this project.
Question:
Has any one put a 8 psi electric supercharger on their Sc ???? Dose it make a difference? Or should I just save my 100 dollars and buy something else?
Old 03-13-09, 02:51 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 382 Likes on 225 Posts

so your needles light up red? or white?
Old 03-13-09, 02:58 PM
Zolaswolf
Driver School Candidate

They light up Red.. with the Amber background in Kilometers.
Old 03-13-09, 03:00 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Zolaswolf
They light up Red.. with the Amber background in Kilometers.
yeah it's supposed to be like that

Some of the SMD's go out from the heat and break. Send them in to O.L.T.
Old 03-13-09, 03:01 PM
LexCoupeB
Pit Crew

0o0o0o sounds good
Old 03-13-09, 03:04 PM
Zolaswolf
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1UZ-SC
yeah it's supposed to be like that

Some of the SMD's go out from the heat and break. Send them in to O.L.T.
Thanks I was wondering if i had something weird going on.
I was reading the Lexi Teck stuff because i wanted to do my cluster set in the near future and it said the needles were white. Maybe I read something the wrong way I dunno. Do you know how I might change the cluster set from Km To Miles?? I have no idea where to start on that and i have a feeling its going to be replacing the cluster its self.
Old 03-13-09, 03:05 PM
UZZ30-SC4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to take pictures of the Car when I get home tonight so i can do my Before and After pics of this project.
Question:
Has any one put a 8 psi electric supercharger on their Sc ???? Dose it make a difference? Or should I just save my 100 dollars and buy something else?
....no electric anything can hold 8psi to that 1uz when its screaming at 6000rpm

That crap is a scam, save it for something better....on the other hand im sure you could hop up a lawn mower with one.....damn....i wanna do it now
Old 03-13-09, 03:07 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks I was wondering if i had something weird going on.
Weird I was reading the Lexi Teck stuff because i wanted to do my cluster set in the near future and it said the needles were white. Maybe I read something the wrong way I dunno. Do you know how I might change the cluster set from Km To Miles?? I have no idea where to start on that and i have a feeling its going to be replacing the cluster its self.
the needle itself is white, but is lit up with red smd's. That's why 92-94's can get any color needle they want because it's white. And for the Km cluster, you'll have to change out the whole cluster.
Old 03-13-09, 03:09 PM
Zolaswolf
Driver School Candidate

Haha that would be fun on a riding lawnmower XD.
Thanks I just wasn't all to sure about the electric superchargers I saw it on ebay and was like ... Hmm maybe. If you do to your lawnmower i want some pic's!!!
Old 03-13-09, 03:11 PM
Zolaswolf
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1UZ-SC
the needle itself is white, but is lit up with red smd's. That's why 92-94's can get any color needle they want because it's white. And for the Km cluster, you'll have to change out the whole cluster.
Darn I knew it. I was thinking I could get by with a Face plate but i knew as far as the programing on the odo it was going to have to be replaced. Owell gives me an even better excuse to do the white back ground with blue needles now doesn't it !!!
Old 03-13-09, 03:12 PM
UZZ30-SC4
Lexus Test Driver

Haha that would be fun on a riding lawnmower XD.
Thanks I just wasn't all to sure about the electric superchargers I saw it on ebay and was like ... Hmm maybe. If you do to your lawnmower i want some pic's!!!
Hell i think it would be worth 100 bucks just to see it!!! LoL...im thinking a 5hp gocart would be even more wicked!!!
Old 03-13-09, 03:15 PM
Zolaswolf
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by UZZ30-SC4
Hell i think it would be worth 100 bucks just to see it!!! LoL...im thinking a 5hp gocart would be even more wicked!!!
Oh my Goodness the possibilities now!!!! even possibly a small 4 wheeler

Do you know of a good supercharger thats relevantly inexpensive?
Old 03-13-09, 03:19 PM
UZZ30-SC4
Lexus Test Driver

Oh my Goodness the possibilities now!!!! even possibly a small 4 wheeler

Do you know of a good supercharger thats relevantly inexpensive?
I know it is fairly simple to mount an M90 up to the 1uz, but not sure on prices and part list.

I'm getting my SC4 ready for a supercharger as well, but my tranny is feeling weak so i will most probably be doing a 6 speed conversion before.
Old 03-13-09, 03:28 PM
Zolaswolf
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by UZZ30-SC4
I know it is fairly simple to mount an M90 up to the 1uz, but not sure on prices and part list.

I'm getting my SC4 ready for a supercharger as well, but my tranny is feeling weak so i will most probably be doing a 6 speed conversion before.
Im starting to work on my Exterior list and iv been trying to figure out what route i want to go. I have my girlfriend in mind too I have the feeling she loves the car more than I do because she's like do this and that and this hahaha Love her to pieces. So I figured I would set up my list and get a engine rebuild kit, get some nice hot cams for the car possibly stay with the same tranny but if they make a 6speed auto which i dont think they do ill go with that someday. and i haven't compiled the rest yet... Its still on my dream sheet till i do my interior first.

Quick Reply: Sc400 Project in Seattle