SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

92 Sc400 Modified Vs 2002 Sc430

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-02, 05:25 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vacation...wouldn't that be nice! I'm in the middle of a new business venture, so getting it off the ground it #1. Actually not technically "new" but purchasing an existing ISP. Oh what fun this is working 24x7!

At least it'll pay off in the end...I hope.

SR
Old 03-14-02, 07:11 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Have faith, brother. I hope your girlfriend is understanding of your hours, mine flips because I have to go away for business a couple times a month, she's a worryer. Worse comes to worse, i'll bring the vacation to you, Deb wouldn't mind a few days in FL, just promise to take me to where they're laying VHT in the street at 3am. Anyway, still got that drivetrain?
Old 03-15-02, 04:20 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Lex Luthor
Have faith, brother. I hope your girlfriend is understanding of your hours, mine flips because I have to go away for business a couple times a month, she's a worryer. Worse comes to worse, i'll bring the vacation to you, Deb wouldn't mind a few days in FL, just promise to take me to where they're laying VHT in the street at 3am. Anyway, still got that drivetrain?
Ya you'd have fun down here! And she would love the beach.

My girlfriend, well she's not that understanding about the hours, but oh well. She wants me to work 8-5, I want to retire before I'm 30. I'm going to stick to my plan...lol

Yep, drivetrain is still in there. I don't really drive the car anymore, pulled insurance off of it, and no tags. I am still taking it up to Daytona in two weeks tho, wouldn't miss that for the world (plus I had to prepay for hotel)!

SR
Old 03-15-02, 06:26 AM
abutler696
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wiz...so after all that work and money you spent on the car....you aren't going to drive it anymore? or are you just waiting to throw another racing engine in there? I'd love to buy some of your electronics/NOS/dash kit and stuff if you're thinkin of getting another car.
Old 03-15-02, 02:22 PM
the_ez_rhino
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"All in all, they aren't nearly as fast as most of the owners on this board claim them to be
A lot of them claim to beat Altimas and Maximas daily; which is BS. "

Im confused as hell. Are u trying to say that a altima, or maxima is faster than a GS400?
Old 03-15-02, 03:34 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ez_rhino: yes the new ones anyway

the VQ35 Nissans have no equal in the world in their class

6spd Maximas are consistently running 14.2s bone stock at 100mph; while Altimas generally run around 14.4-14.5 @98-99mph

there's even an Altima with just an intake and better tires that clipped off a 13.9 @ 101mph
Old 03-15-02, 03:38 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Neon beats Ferrari

Originally posted by JAC JZS

Lex, I'm not surprised, almost any car can be modded to beat any car, period. I've seen timeslips for a Dodge Neon that ran the quarter faster than any current stock prod. Ferrari (it was a 10 second car).
thing is they were comparing to a stock GN... which as Lex said, they will run 14.0s (i've seen them run high 13s) stock

and with boost upgrades and boltons they go DEEP 11s

why? because they launch EXTREMELY hard... am I right Lex? I got a friend with a GNX (has ladderbars stock) and he yanked 1.5 cars off the line on a AWD DSM that ran low 12s
Old 03-15-02, 04:40 PM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Default ????????

Originally posted by Bean
ez_rhino: yes the new ones anyway

the VQ35 Nissans have no equal in the world in their class

6spd Maximas are consistently running 14.2s bone stock at 100mph; while Altimas generally run around 14.4-14.5 @98-99mph

there's even an Altima with just an intake and better tires that clipped off a 13.9 @ 101mph
Your joking, right. The new Maxima has only 15 more hp than the last six speed which ran 6.7, 0-60. The new one will run 14.8 1/4 mile at best, whereas the GS will run 14.5 to 14.6. The altima has a detuned version of the Maxima engine(240) but due to it's lighter weight will fare slightly better in the quarter at 14.72. Almost as quick as a GS4 but not quite.

Motor Trend "SPECIFICATIONS
Price $24,699-$27,099
Vehicle layout Front engine, FWD, 4-door, 5-pass
Engine 3.5L/255-hp V-6, DOHC, 4 valves/cyl
On-Sale in U.S. Currently
0-60 mph, sec 6.4 (est)

Here's the other side of the '02 Nissan Maxima/ Altima coin: You get 15 more horses, a less-roomy rear seat, and a less-than-current beam rear axle design in the Maxima, probably for about the same money as an Altima (after a bit of dickering). The all-new Altima (Sept. '01) is a valid Toyota Camry/Honda Accord fighter, but that leaves Nissan little room to market the Maxima, which has a couple more model years before its own redesign. As such, the Maxima is aggressively priced: just $24,699 for the base GXE model (which will be artificially held to five percent of production) to $27,099 for the deluxe GLE. The sporty SE starts at $25,449, whether you equip it with a four-speed automatic or the new six-speed manual. We expect the Altima V-6 to hit the $23,500-$26,000 range.
The Maxima SE six-speed we drove clearly falls on the sporty side of the sport/luxury continuum. Its 255-hp engine isn't as peaky as the Acura TL Type-S', one of its main competitors, although it doesn't quite have the Acura's long legs. The Maxima gives up some ride comfort in the name of better handling, but Nissan engineers found as good a balance as possible with that beam axle. You feel highway expansion strips, but not jarringly so, and there's some payoff in the form of cornering prowess.

Bottom line: For those who don't flock to the latest automotive fashion, and are willing to trade off a bit of comfort for better-than-average performance, the Maxima may be the bargain of '02.
by Todd Lassa
photography by John Kiewicz

02' ALtima

Inside, the centerstack control area's styling takes a bit of getting used to, but is very functional. The sweetest part? 240 hp of high-winding V-6!

It's easy to attack the two best-selling Japanese midsize sedans as being bland when you're a struggling competitor with a new model: Order your designers to draw a bit outside the familiar three-box lines of the favorites, and you can claim your four-door has 'tude others lack. Nissan is the latest to announce a breakaway from the boring sedan mold. For '02, the all-new Altima moves up from the so-called lower-middle sedan-size category and into the same size/price class as the huge-selling Toyota Camry and Honda Accord (it's actually a bit bigger in most dimensions). Better yet, it has a V-6 option for the first time, a powerful new 3.5L/240-hp powerplant based on Nissan's exceptional VQ engine family.
Let's start with the fun part: the kick-*** acceleration of the new V-6. With a ready 246 lb-ft of torque awaiting the call of your right foot, this unassuming sedan turns from econocar to hot rod in an instant, torque-steering you 0-60 mph in 6.28 sec and besting the new 345-hp Infinti Q45 by over two-tenths. Blazing through the quarter mile in 14.72 sec/96.82 mph lets you pick on Porsche's Boxster! "
Old 03-15-02, 05:15 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Summary of this thread......

SC400 vs SC430
SC400 headers
SC400 vs GS400
38,000 sq ft estates
Drug dealers
SC400 and GS400 weight differences
Coefficient of Drag
Limited Slip Differentials
GS400 vs LT1
Thunderbird SC
GS400 vs Altima/Maxima
Altima vs Maxima

So now, what about Sentra XE vs Civic EX?? hehehe
Old 03-15-02, 06:03 PM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by lex400sc
Summary of this thread......

SC400 vs SC430
SC400 headers
SC400 vs GS400
38,000 sq ft estates
Drug dealers
SC400 and GS400 weight differences
Coefficient of Drag
Limited Slip Differentials
GS400 vs LT1
Thunderbird SC
GS400 vs Altima/Maxima
Altima vs Maxima

So now, what about Sentra XE vs Civic EX?? hehehe

HAHAHA Alot got covered on this threadHAHAHA
Old 03-15-02, 06:10 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

I've been told the Altima is about a tenth quicker than the Maxima because of the weight, Bean didn't know a guy was running 13.9's with practically nothing. And yes, the Buick Turbos launch extremely hard if you can build some boost at the line. The G-Body is great for short times, my Black one used to hook real nice and straight, my Black/Silver one used to yank the left front wheel up and get a real twisted on a Hoosier Quick Time DOT with a 9" converter, even on the street if the ground was warm, and if it was cool on a true street tyre, it was still breaking loose at around 75mph, I have a video of it somewhere. It really bothers me how quick those VQ cars are, when someone turbo's one, watch out.
Old 03-15-02, 07:50 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by abutler696
wiz...so after all that work and money you spent on the car....you aren't going to drive it anymore? or are you just waiting to throw another racing engine in there? I'd love to buy some of your electronics/NOS/dash kit and stuff if you're thinkin of getting another car.
I burned the tires down to nothing today, went out and raced a little, and the back right tire is showing the white fiberglass belts, and the left one has hit the steel belts. The front ones, are, well...not much better. Time to let it sit. I'm going to pull the stereo and electronics out tomorrow, and likely throw it all on eBay.

I've dropped a new pulley on the vortech charger on the bronco, and I'm running around in 4wd smoking hondas. heh...it's kinda fun. Truck is over 6k pounds, but with a 351w and 9psi, it's quick! (well, for a truck)

As for trucks, there was an Explorer at Moroso on Wed. that ran a high 10 in the quarter!!! WOAH!!

SR
Old 03-16-02, 10:00 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Hi tens in an Explorer, yowza. Gives me hope for mine, feels like a solid low-17, hehe. Steven, I had a Bronco with lotsa work done too, what a fun truck, used to lift the inside rear 33" off the ground when I took a turn hot. It was finally retired after a day of jumping train station concrete parking blocks. Mine was a 5.0 though, not the 5.8 Windsor motor like yours. Got pics? Now this thread has officially covered everything except the Taliban.
Attached Thumbnails 92 Sc400 Modified Vs 2002 Sc430-compressed-ford-explorer-4-door-xlt.jpg  
Old 03-16-02, 10:08 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Lex Luthor
Hi tens in an Explorer, yowza. Gives me hope for mine, feels like a solid low-17, hehe. Steven, I had a Bronco with lotsa work done too, what a fun truck, used to lift the inside rear 33" off the ground when I took a turn hot. It was finally retired after a day of jumping train station concrete parking blocks. Mine was a 5.0 though, not the 5.8 Windsor motor like yours. Got pics? Now this thread has officially covered everything except the Taliban.

Hmm, only pic I've got of it handy is just one in the parking lot.

http://www.lexustuner.com/random/bronco1.JPG

And notice all the sand that is around it...the underside of that thing traps a lot of sand when you're out jumping dunes

Just a bronco with a little **** done do it. It's only a two seater now tho...I've redone the back inside, and it's got a mini-fridge, microwave, and 13" tv. AC/DC convertor, etc. Great for camping.

Speaking of the Taliban, did you see that they had some Bronco's over there? I remember watching the news reports, and I'd see Toyota Landcruisers and Ford Broncos that they were driving around. There, now they've been covered.

SR
Old 03-16-02, 12:34 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

OMG, Steven, remember how after going through so much of the same stuff with cars, I told you I thought you were my evil twin in FL? Well, I had the exact same Bronco, same colour, about the same lift looks like, etc. I had even removed the back seat and started on the pwr inverter and smoothie blender/ George Foreman grille just like you did, but I got rid of it before I finished. Had a custom sunroof installed, carpeted the whole interior top to bottom, amps flush-mounted into the sides. Man, I remember torchin' many a Dutch back there, uh, I mean, anyway...

P.S. - We had Broncos and Landcruisers or the Taliwackers did? I didn't see that, kewl, must be tough keepin' sand outta the air filter, but talk about dunes, must be a rip. Mine never went offroad in the sense that yours did Wiz, it was more equipped for 'Urban Warfare', jumpin' curbs and parking blocks, floss in the back, you know. Gotta find a pic of it. Soooo, have we covered everything at this point? No one mentioned Nas is fighting for the first time next weekend since he lost to Barrera! And Amy Fisher isn't fighting Tonya Harding anymore!

Quick Reply: 92 Sc400 Modified Vs 2002 Sc430