SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

97 bumper conv.?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-09, 07:08 PM
BOOSTBOY93
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 bumper conv.?

i searched... no results, are there any extra pieces i need other than the bumper to put a 97+ front on my 93?
Old 03-24-09, 07:10 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 381 Likes on 224 Posts

oh boy. You didn't search hard enough
Old 03-24-09, 07:12 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Cannot be done.
Old 03-24-09, 07:25 PM
21ce
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by BOOSTBOY93
i searched... no results, are there any extra pieces i need other than the bumper to put a 97+ front on my 93?
Don't lie about searching... especially about something this trivial... I typed "97 bumper conversion", under advanced search, and it yielded over 5 pages over results... the first one being this locked thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...e-details.html

Check post # 6...

don't get me wrong, the search function on this site is a pain in the a**... but not for this topic... everyone and their mother has wanted to do this conversion one time or another...

But why can't people be more helpful? instead trying to be the first one to say "SEARCH" or leaving smartass comments... sure it has been asked before, but then just link them and ask the thread to be closed... THAT way some of you can see how difficult the search engine can be sometimes (of course not in this case...)
Old 03-24-09, 07:28 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Because Mr. 199 posts when you become more active in the community than you have just LATELY and you see it 10 times a day you'll change your tune.....quick.
Old 03-24-09, 07:59 PM
21ce
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Because Mr. 199 posts when you become more active in the community than you have just LATELY and you see it 10 times a day you'll change your tune.....quick.
Yeah but you have the power to close the threads, which is why I wasn't referring to you... I've only had 200 posts because I do a lot of searching, on other lexus forums too, to find my answers, but i'm not new to forums (nor am I new to this one). I just don't post often...

Back when I had my DSM, people would start redundant threads a lot more than this site... people weren't allowed to respond SEARCH, because our accounts would be suspended, so people would offer suggestions (or ignore the thread) and the mod would soon close the thread... Trust me when I say that I
understand your annoyance to people who don't search (especially with this one ... but, some people spend DAYS on this site advanced searching because the search logic here is too general)

I didn't mean to go off on a tangent , but this thread shouldn't have been started anyways...
Old 03-24-09, 08:12 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 21ce
But why can't people be more helpful? instead trying to be the first one to say "SEARCH" or leaving smartass comments... sure it has been asked before, but then just link them and ask the thread to be closed... THAT way some of you can see how difficult the search engine can be sometimes (of course not in this case...)

lol when i first joined this forum i felt the same way, i thought people where too quick to say "SEARCH"..
1 1/2 years and two SC's later, i must admit i find it quite annoying to see brand new CL members popping up asking the same questions every other day. I'm sure to the OG members it's even more annoying..
Old 03-25-09, 08:03 AM
BOOSTBOY93
Rookie

Originally Posted by 21ce
Don't lie about searching... especially about something this trivial... I typed "97 bumper conversion", under advanced search, and it yielded over 5 pages over results... the first one being this locked thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...e-details.html

Check post # 6...

don't get me wrong, the search function on this site is a pain in the a**... but not for this topic... everyone and their mother has wanted to do this conversion one time or another...

oh, i didnt realize there was an advanced search option or if it was any better.. i typed in 97 conversion and it yielded no results in the regular search. How about we just have the "advanced search" and maybe there wouldnt be as many problems tryin to find somethin.
Old 03-25-09, 08:06 AM
BOOSTBOY93
Rookie

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Ive been an active member on here for a few years now. just because i dont post my opinion on every topic or comment on someones pictures doesnt mean im a noob.
Thanks for being so inviting