SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Sc400 or 300?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-09, 09:25 PM
UZZ30-SC4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryeno
Except for the fact the jz has 1 intake manifold and 1 exhaust manifold. That also means their is more room in the engine bay. Its easy to slap on a big single turbo and start making power. The UZ would need some funky tubing for a turbocharger, not to mention you would need to put the turbo underneath the car or possibly do a weird 2 turbo design on each exhaust manifold. Then you have the issue of the tb and how to connect the turbos to it. I can keep going....

But still the fact remains for the cost the uz is vastly inferior to the jz for power. Sorry guys its cool you bought a 1uz-fe engine but that doesnt mean you should blindly defend it just cuz you have it. Thats something i would expect from people who own honda 4 bangers.
Now thats just rude, we arent blindly defending anything, its excruciatingly simple to put a supercharger on top of a 1uz, even more so i will wage that it is CHEAPER to do than a single large turbo on a 2j. It seems like you are the one blindly judging the 1uz just because you havent researched the other force induced 1uz's well enough, nor know enough to assume how such a set up could be done.

You only need more room in the engine bay if your too lazy to get off your but and do some REAL custom work, not just buy crap off the internet and act like you did something different than everyone else.
Old 03-26-09, 09:27 PM
OMD
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1UZ-SC
dude totally. We should start our own klan if there isn't one already
yeah definitely man!!
hahaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 03-26-09, 09:29 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by OMD
the jz relies on its turbo, so its just fair to FI the uz..
lets the see 1uz-fe makes 256 hp and 260 ft/lbs of torque WITH 4 liters of displacement. The 2jz-ge makes 230hp and 220 ft/lb of torque with 3 liters of displacement. Do the math that extra 25% of displacement doesn't equal to 25% more power.
Originally Posted by OMD
for that price you can build the uz with the extra cash.
not true.
Originally Posted by UZZ30-SC4
You only need more room in the engine bay if your too lazy to get off your but and do some REAL custom work, not just buy crap off the internet and act like you did something different than everyone else.
Let me ask you this. How much money have you spent on your sc400, how much power are you making and how long did it take you to achieve that power?

Last edited by Ryeno; 03-26-09 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-26-09, 09:31 PM
OMD
Pole Position

yeah, the m90 and m112 superchargers are quite cheap and they can make good power...
Old 03-26-09, 09:36 PM
UZZ30-SC4
Lexus Test Driver

lets the see 1uz-fe makes 256 hp and 260 ft/lbs of torque WITH 4 liters of displacement. The 2jz-ge makes 230hp and 220 ft/lb of torque with 3 liters of displacement. Do the math that extra 25% of displacement doesn't equal to 25% more power.

not true.

Let me ask you this. How much money have you spent on your sc400, how much power are you making and how long did it take you to achieve that power?
On the drivetrain i have spent maybe 700 dollars in preperation for fi, the supercharger and other random small things is all i need. Tops 1200 dollars to make a machine that is VERY unique, and overall still more cost effective than an SC3, and STILL sounds MUCH better.
Old 03-26-09, 09:37 PM
Ryeno
Banned

On the drivetrain i have spent maybe 700 dollars in preperation for fi, the supercharger and other random small things is all i need. Tops 1200 dollars to make a machine that is VERY unique, and overall still more cost effective than an SC3, and STILL sounds MUCH better.
How much power are you going to be making?
Old 03-26-09, 09:41 PM
Amini9
Lexus Test Driver

Besides a little ole 1j cant make the rumble of and pure sexy sound of one huge p#ssed off V8....OH YEAH
i decided to put on PWR mode, and i gassed it and it hit 6K RPM, i almost **** my pants, hearing this baby ROAR for the first time!

no freakin joke. i started to panic, i thought i did something wrong and the car was making this noise, but i remembered "oh its v8"
Old 03-26-09, 09:43 PM
UZZ30-SC4
Lexus Test Driver

How much power are you going to be making?
Well with a V8, its more useful to ask the amount of torque it will be making to be fare, mainly because by the time your big @ss turbo spools, the quarter mile will be over with....

back to the subject, im not sure, but it will be very healthy by the time im done with it, and i know what your getting at, but your still missing the point.

A talented mechanic chooses the SC4 because he wants a challenge, a joeblow mechanic chooses the SC3 because all the work is done for him, so NO challenge.

Choose what you will, SC3's with turbo's are a dime a dozen, how many supercharged sc4's do you know of.
Old 03-26-09, 09:43 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 381 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by Amini9
i decided to put on PWR mode, and i gassed it and it hit 6K RPM, i almost **** my pants, hearing this baby ROAR for the first time!

no freakin joke. i started to panic, i thought i did something wrong and the car was making this noise, but i remembered "oh its v8"
hahah that happened to me to. I actually did soil my pants (hahahahahha) I with it came with command shift though That's why you go with a 5SPD conversion.
Old 03-26-09, 09:57 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Well with a V8, its more useful to ask the amount of torque it will be making to be fare, mainly because by the time your big @ss turbo spools, the quarter mile will be over with....
I knew you wouldnt give me a legit answer because a 1jz is easier to make more power on.

A talented mechanic chooses the SC4 because he wants a challenge, a joeblow mechanic chooses the SC3 because all the work is done for him, so NO challenge.
Otherway around. Only a fool chooses to waste his time and money on something thats harder and less productive.

Choose what you will, SC3's with turbo's are a dime a dozen, how many supercharged sc4's do you know of.
Do you realize what you just implied? Its just like that brand new audi commercial dissing the rx. If everyone is buying an rx over an audi, then their must be a reason. If everyone is swapping a gte engine instead of working on a 1uz, their has to be a reason.

While its "cool" to act like your all that and a bag of chips because you have something different, on the streets your cars power is what matters.
Old 03-26-09, 10:15 PM
Amini9
Lexus Test Driver

sc4 and sc3 fanboys

chill out peoples.
Old 03-26-09, 10:18 PM
OMD
Pole Position

Otherway around. Only a fool chooses to waste his time and money on something thats harder and less productive.
i see, so there must be quite a few fools here on CL huh....
Old 03-26-09, 10:20 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 381 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by OMD
i see, so there must be quite a few fools here on CL huh....
yeah damn I guess so...
Old 03-26-09, 10:25 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by Amini9
sc4 and sc3 fanboys

chill out peoples.
good thing that doesnt apply to me cuz i got both.
Originally Posted by 1UZ-SC
yeah damn I guess so...
the second that
Old 03-26-09, 10:50 PM
Amini9
Lexus Test Driver

good thing that doesnt apply to me cuz i got both.

the second that
i saw that when i was 'fast replying'

ya never know tho, you could be biased

WHATEVER though.

i think if one were to look at either, they should test drive both, and see how it feels.
(i wish i did, i've never sat in a sc3)

Quick Reply: Sc400 or 300?