SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Suggestions should i buy this Sc300?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-09, 10:03 PM
rogsc400
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GL with the new car and welcome .........It seems like your gonna have a project on yor hands.
Old 04-01-09, 11:04 PM
MrAceBaBii
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks..Yeah pretty much just fixing a little things at a time and cleaning the car very good but i don't know if i should start my 5 speed swap or starting buying my turbo parts. My friend actually has a ct26 out of his mr2 and has another one from a 7mgte, I am thinking about start off with that turbo for now and upgrade later, any suggestions?
BTW guys the Blitz NUR Spec Sounds amazing :-)
Old 04-02-09, 06:36 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Look up DryBlaze on here and buy his car. Its a 5spd...needs some lovings. Its NA-T too...

Edit...just saw you bought that one already.
Old 04-02-09, 07:27 AM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Well at least you're a hop skip and a jump from our SC part depot. Remember the name Aliga. He'll be your best friend.
Old 04-02-09, 07:43 PM
gephross10
Rookie

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
I think Chris Brown owned this car.
i think we will be good friends olt lol
Old 04-03-09, 01:03 PM
MrAceBaBii
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by TougeSC3
Well at least you're a hop skip and a jump from our SC part depot. Remember the name Aliga. He'll be your best friend.
Lol..Car will sometime soon be at the body shop..Getting that rear fixed and car painted
Old 04-03-09, 01:53 PM
Ryeno
Banned

I would go get the frame checked out to make sure its not bent. That car really scares me, the previous owner was a straight ricer. I mean look at that intake and exhaust. Not to mention he is talking about throwing in a radiator with the car. Thats like as shady as it gets.

IF the frame is okay then i would swap out the engine/tranny and even that radiator. I wouldnt trust anything the previous owner touched.

Last edited by Ryeno; 04-03-09 at 02:01 PM.
Old 04-04-09, 03:40 PM
MrAceBaBii
Pit Crew

I went out today to maaco auto body and they told me i would have to pull it and align everything they charged me about 1200 to pull it and paint the hole car the same color which is Platinum Metallic (1A0). But Step 1 was Completed today i went out to my boys friends shop and his father welded the hanger to the Blitz Nur: Spec No more exhaust leak and raddeling noises :-)
Old 04-05-09, 07:28 AM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by MrAceBaBii
I went out today to maaco auto body and they told me i would have to pull it and align everything they charged me about 1200 to pull it and paint the hole car the same color which is Platinum Metallic (1A0). But Step 1 was Completed today i went out to my boys friends shop and his father welded the hanger to the Blitz Nur: Spec No more exhaust leak and raddeling noises :-)
Either i am reading this wrong or you have a typo cuz I cant believe anyone would go to maaco for anything.
Old 04-05-09, 08:48 AM
rogsc400
Driver

Every one hears Macco and say oh on but its not the Macco its the painter who works thier...........they painted my car and completed body work for 1100. There are other people on this forum who used them and were happy......

A close up of my Macco job.........
Old 04-05-09, 09:17 AM
Avarec
Lexus Test Driver

my man, pulling frame, ouuch, we knew this was coming, anyhow gl with her, if i was you id go straight for that manual swap, nothing better and then piece by piece get your turbo stuff, also be money wise too, why spent $$$ on aheap when you could just ask around,, or look and find something even better, prices are going down on this sc's
Old 04-05-09, 10:49 AM
MrAceBaBii
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by rogsc400
Every one hears Macco and say oh on but its not the Macco its the painter who works thier...........they painted my car and completed body work for 1100. There are other people on this forum who used them and were happy......

A close up of my Macco job.........
What part of jersey your from? and Which maaco you went to? Your car looks good hopefully mines will look like that for the summer.
Old 04-05-09, 04:43 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by rogsc400
Every one hears Macco and say oh on but its not the Macco its the painter who works thier
not quite. Their is more to a paint job then just the painter. Look at a Ford Focus and a lexus/toyota. Its quite clear toyota uses a far better quality paint. They say 70 percent your paint job is the prep work. Odds are Macco is gonna cut corners. Not to mention the quality of their primer/paint/clear coat arent gonna be top notch.

On my old camry i had the bumper repainted because of a car accident. 1 yr later you could see the paint was stating to fade.

Your car might look good now but give it a few years and i bet the cars paint will start to fade. The more sunlight your car gets the faster the paint will fade and the less sunlight the longer the paint will last. But either way the paint will fade.

P.S. the smoked out headlights are dumb. Why would you want to decrease visibility?
Old 04-05-09, 10:39 PM
rogsc400
Driver

Originally Posted by Ryeno
not quite. Their is more to a paint job then just the painter. Look at a Ford Focus and a lexus/toyota. Its quite clear toyota uses a far better quality paint. They say 70 percent your paint job is the prep work. Odds are Macco is gonna cut corners. Not to mention the quality of their primer/paint/clear coat arent gonna be top notch.

Your car might look good now but give it a few years and i bet the cars paint will start to fade. The more sunlight your car gets the faster the paint will fade and the less sunlight the longer the paint will last. But either way the paint will fade.

P.S. the smoked out headlights are dumb. Why would you want to decrease visibility?
I just saying if you can get a good price on the the work and your happy with the out come go for it and Macco give warranty on thier paint jobs.........I dont drive my car every day so it stays covered when I'm not using it so i guest my paint does not see that much sunlight...........The Macco were i live is franchised out so they are just using the name Macco.....

P.S. I like the way my smoked lights look and I see very well with my HID kit thanks..........
Old 04-05-09, 10:41 PM
rogsc400
Driver

Originally Posted by MrAceBaBii
What part of jersey your from? and Which maaco you went to? Your car looks good hopefully mines will look like that for the summer.
Im from Essex County and the Macco was in Orange, NJ

Quick Reply: Suggestions should i buy this Sc300?