SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

ecu question

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-02, 04:22 PM
ForNgoods
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ecu question

Is the computer upgrade they offer at lexussc400.com the same as an ecu up grade or is it completely different from lets say a WeaponR ECU upgrade
Old 03-12-02, 12:23 AM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The sc400.com thing is a replaceable ROM chip you send it in to them for... it's not as flexible or effective as the WR chip but it is totally plug and play (no wire work required). However, I don't know what happened to the sc400.com guy, I haven't seen hide nor hair of him in a coupld of months.
The Weapon-R upgrade is one of their more serious attempts at real performance upgrades, and it works well. Very well.
Old 03-12-02, 06:42 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

I had agreed to represent lexussc400.com here on the East Coast, and was prepared to spend big money with them, but after talking with the owner, Chris, everyday from NY to CA, he did a couple of things which I consider shady, and then just dissappeared altogether, I was in the middle of ordered literally thousands of dollars of parts from them - torque converter, dual-mode ECU, intake, exhaust, etc, etc. I guess it's for the best, how would I have gotten any product support this way? They haven't picked up the phone or responded to e-mails in months, and this is a guy I spent hours and hours on the phone with, and who's knowledge of cars was far more limited than many ppl on this board, myself included, I found myself teaching him alot. In order for me to help them sell ECU's, I asked Chris to talk to his programmer and get me the specs on the ECU, he promised them by that Friday, then he blew me off so many times I can't even tell you. Turns out, all the lexussc400.com ECU does is advance the timing that's all, no changes to air/fuel ratio (very important), shifts, injector pulse width, TC lockup, etc. You're far better off with the W-R unit, plus Leo knows his ***** and you'll get strong product support, along with help from those on this board who are using it and are very happy. So, I peeled the lexussc400.com decal off my back window, and i'll take my business elsewhere, this is not anything personal against sc400.com, i'm just laying out the truth so I can help my fellow Lex-pushers.
- Jon
Old 03-12-02, 10:59 AM
krypto
Driver

Thanks for your comments...I was going to order some stuff from them, but not now...Maybe you should make a seperate post so, no one else orders from him...
Old 03-12-02, 11:28 AM
Onelove
Lead Lap

SC400 looked like a good site. I am preparing to open a new SC specific store and am doing research necessary. Right now I am employed by one of the largest supra part dealers in the US, so now I just need to do whats necessary to port the inventory to the SC. Expect to see SCstore.com within a few months.
Old 03-12-02, 11:32 AM
krypto
Driver

Cool Titan, let us know...By the way I know a guy that owns a company that makes body kits, molds, etc. He is very good with Carbon Fiber. So , maybe he could start selllin them thru you. If there is any interest that is....
Old 03-12-02, 04:40 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Titan, you're the new guy at the Suprastore, right? I've been waiting for a solid place to deal with for my SC, hope you'll be up to snuff soon, matter of fact i'll just PM you with the rest of this.
Old 03-12-02, 05:36 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Well lets just hope that dealings with SCstore.com will be better than SupraStore.com. Anyone interested check out supraforums.com, and you'll find that suprastore has a "less" that perfect record. In fact, I had ordered a $5k ticket item from them (turbo kit), and two weeks later talking with the actual kit manufacturer (f-max), they had not even heard from SupraStore aka Titan Motorsports.

Just trying to keep both sides shown.

SR