SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Is the SC delegated to Cheese Status Now?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-09, 12:06 AM
$loJam
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryeno
Rental car white? I'm an OG gangsta. LMAO. Where do you get this stuff from?

So what your saying is your bought the car sololy because it was a lexus and now thats its "not new" anymore its not cool in your books. Your dissing yourself. I would rather buy the sc thats cheaper nowadays because i like the car rather then buying it back in the day because it was a lexus.
Here we go again, sheesh! Where did I say I was a gangsta? haha You are a regular flea market comedian.

The badge has nothing to do with it. I would have bought it with the soarer label on it. I've always been a toyota and nissan fan. Lexus used to be a glorified toyota with L badges instead of toyota badges. Now they are coming into their own niche.

Basically, I'm saying the SC had it's run. Like the guy said before, the SC will die out like any other old car in due time. I was basically asking you guys if we are inching a little closer to being faded out.
Old 04-11-09, 12:19 AM
$loJam
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sharingan
RICE= RACING INSPIRED COSMETIC ENHANCEMENT, No? haha. if you don't like the SC anymore, it is cool. It's your car, your opinion so just go buy that AMG instead of the G35 IMO. It's an upgrade from a SC
a g35 is tough but the specs are not much better than my 98 v8 vvt-i, actually, I think my sc is better. It has a v6 that gets worst gas mileage than my sc and like everybody said....they're a dime a dozen. I'm keeping my sc, if anything I'll get a sc430 but they look too much like a chick's car. I'll probaly end up upgrading to an 07 IS350 but the interior is not as good of quality as the SC.
Old 04-11-09, 12:19 AM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by $loJam
Here we go again, sheesh! Where did I say I was a gangsta? haha You are a regular flea market comedian.

The badge has nothing to do with it. I would have bought it with the soarer label on it. I've always been a toyota and nissan fan. Lexus used to be a glorified toyota with L badges instead of toyota badges. Now they are coming into their own niche.

Basically, I'm saying the SC had it's run. Like the guy said before, the SC will die out like any other old car in due time. I was basically asking you guys if we are inching a little closer to being faded out.
I think the SC will one day be considered a collectible. What do you think they said about the Corvairs, Chevelles, Torinos, and Impalas? Give it time.
Old 04-11-09, 12:38 AM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TRD_Power
I think the SC will one day be considered a collectible. What do you think they said about the Corvairs, Chevelles, Torinos, and Impalas? Give it time.
I don't think it will ever be a collectible, but I gaurantee if I see one pass by me in 50 years, I snap my neck trying to get a good glimpse and spit out a bunch of random shiz about the car to whomever is within range.
Old 04-11-09, 02:30 AM
Avarec
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

scs are like vegas *****s
By they way i am on vegas strip now, for week, not a single sc ive seen, good cars, people **** them and run them in ground fast
Old 04-11-09, 02:55 AM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

The SC hasn't been relegated to the so-called "Cheese Status" yet...But you'll know it has once it you see more than 4 SC's at a local car meet...Until then, That car still retains some what of a "cult status" because it's seldom ever seen at local car meets.
Old 04-11-09, 07:59 AM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clublexus diaries - FTL
Old 04-11-09, 08:45 AM
texan_176
Intermediate

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm waiting on the days for the SC430 to reach cheese stauts.

It was a pretty cool car when it came out but it never really was a major success like the first gen SC was. Mid $20K are what the 2003ish SC430s price in now. Once they drop below $12K I'm in to have it just as a toy for fun.

The 97+ SCs were selling in the high teens to low 20s in 2002 when I finished college. I wanted one back then but it was too much money for a used car so I waited it out.

I can't wait to see SC430s with yellow headlights, burned paint, cracked leather, major body damage, etc....the prestige and prices will drop like a rock on them. This is sure to occur in the next 5-7 years.
Old 04-11-09, 09:03 AM
tavarish
Lexus Test Driver

I got my SC300 for 400 bucks. w00t.
Old 04-11-09, 09:05 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Originally Posted by $loJam
Dude, homeboy called my ride out and attempted to flame me. I happily returned the sentiment. I was not trying to diss other members here. As I stated in the beginning of the thread, this thread was not created to ignite flaming or disrespect to other members.
I've owned an SC for 9 years and actually was an OG member here under a different nick.
Let me remind you then of two specific rules.

'Returning the sentiment' is getting this thread closed. You've been aggressive in response to other members opinions - if you can't tolerate their viewpoints, I suggest you don't ask for them.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...ponse_comments
Response to Comments
If you have a problem with another member's comments in a posted thread, do not respond with any further comments that will aggravate the situation. Reacting to a hostile post with more hostility also puts you in jeopardy, and puts you at risk for action against your account even if it was initially another member’s fault – it takes two to argue. Members have two options of recourse:

1) Email or private message the moderators of the forum in which the offensive comment is posted, directing them to the individual and thread in which the problem occurs. Use the "Notify a Moderator" button on the bottom of the offensive post to accomplish the same thing. Moderators will look into the issues and take the appropriate actions.

2) Resolve the problem between both of you via email or Private Message (PM).
2) You can only have one screen name on our forum. Please PM me with your old screen name asap and I'll merge the two accounts. If I don't hear from you I'll disable this one and ask you to login and use your old one.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...les#faq_banned
Multiple Forum IDs Not Allowed / Banned Members
Only one Club Lexus account is allowed per member. Creating an additional or alternative account for ANY purpose puts your entire Club Lexus account at risk of being permanently banned.

If would like to change your username please post a request in the 'name change' thread which can be found at the top of the Site Suggestions and Questions forum. Read and follow the request rules in that post. If you are having problems with your user account or you are having trouble logging in, do not create a new account. Please PM or email an administrator using the email addresses found on the ‘contact us’ page.

Once Club Lexus access is removed from a member, re-joining Club Lexus under a new member name is forever forbidden unless approved by an administrator (the original account will be reactivated if this is the case). Should a banned member attempt to re-join the forum illegally, Club Lexus has the right to contact the banned member’s ISP or corporate webmaster with a request to remove service and the right to take legal action against the banned member. These same terms apply to members who create secondary accounts in order to circumvent administrative restrictions placed on their account.

IMPORTANT NOTICE to Banned Users: If you have been restricted, suspended or banned by Club Lexus and attempt to register again using some means to get around the ban such as using another email address, you agree to a $5,000 dollar reinstatement fee. By clicking on the checkbox ‘I have read, and agree to abide by the Club Lexus Forums rules’ to rejoin Club Lexus you have formally agreed to pay this fee. You also agree that any disputes will be resolved in a court of law in a state selected by Club Lexus. Your continued access to the forums is not guaranteed by payment of this fee, nor are you excused from meticulously following the forum rules outlined in this document.