SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Is the SC delegated to Cheese Status Now?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-09, 10:12 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
are you one of those that picks up high school chicks with your SC? JK dude.
that be me! haha im still in highschool though so its fine.

To OP i dont believe its the SC time to go, you rarely see them still i never noticed one until i saw the sc gone wild by mistake. Right then and there i sold my 240 and bought an SC. Personally i have never seen an riced out SC with my own eyes but i've seen some on the internet. Well if you think SC is done with its time then go ahead and hop on a g35 and see if that pleases you, no one is stopping you.
Old 04-08-09, 10:18 PM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

http://www.ohiodrifting.com/
there's a good bit of people in OH that drift, and there's at least one with a SC300. . .
just pointing out that there is at least one organization in your area. They talk to people at PADrift, and hang come over to Beaverun sometimes.
Old 04-08-09, 10:19 PM
Enigma8246
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by $loJam
Show me a corvette, porche, lambo, bentley or rolls forum with "riced" out whips. It will be like finding a needle in a haystack
i don't know if its just because i'm in arkansas but i have seen some pretty ridiculous shiz done to porches and corvettes. there's a guy that lives down the road from me with one of the most ridiculous spoilers i have seen on any car, much less a corvette. i'll c if i can snag a pic w/o getting shot at sometime.
Old 04-08-09, 10:20 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

I just wanna know what's so wrong with cheese.

I loves me some Velveta.

......... All this lactose intolerant hate going on.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 04-08-09 at 10:25 PM.
Old 04-08-09, 10:25 PM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

that's the second time that you made me LOL in this thread. . .
...so weird, lol
Old 04-08-09, 10:26 PM
$loJam
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sup2jzgte
$10k.................holy hell man unless you are super low miles I doubt anyone is going to pay that. The highest a SC has sold around here (MA) on private is $7k and that was a for a 98 SC300 with 65k on it.
Yeah but you're talking about a 300. A 400 is 290hp/300tque. Believe me I've driven 98+ sc 300 and they have nothing on a the vvt-i V8 stock. Feels like a totally different car.

Anyways, here's the KBB for all the options on my 98 sc 400 with 87k miles in "good" condition. I'm the second owner with all records from the Lex dealership. It was previously owned by a doctor, never smoked in.

Kbb=$10,095
Kbb link:

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pric...uizConditions=
Old 04-08-09, 10:26 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont mean to sounds too harsh, buuut...

It sounds like you need to hop into the next "it" car (a few years late at that) and be done with it. If you want to turn some heads then spend a little money on the car and stop complaining about floor mats.

The civic has its purposes and most people (and girls mind you) will not immediately jump to the F&F connection. Your average person will see it for what it is, a relatively inexensive, fuel efficient, commuter car. Nothing too frilly or especially thrill-y.

Most of the people on the forum with exceptional cars dont just own gas and go vehicles. They have taken measures to make sure their 15 year old car can still turn all those heads that you're so worried about. If you want to keep your SC, then keep it and enjoy it. If you're going to get all worked up about some people buying diamond shaped fender vents from Autozone on sale for 19.99 then misaligning them on their fender, then find another car that works for you.
Old 04-08-09, 10:35 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

.....could have said eggplant. Nobody gonna defend an eggplant. You got something on eggplant status, you're ridin' dirty.

...or fruit log. Damn, hold on...... I wouldn't put anything on fruit log status.
Old 04-08-09, 10:36 PM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

Dude our car was the shizzle now it's the fizzle. g35 upgrade time boyz.

So go buy a POS G35 and be like the other 500 G35's everyone sees every day that NO ONE notices, just like a mustang its so everyday that people ignore them.
Old 04-08-09, 10:37 PM
Sup2jzgte
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah but you're talking about a 300. A 400 is 290hp/300tque. Believe me I've driven 98+ sc 300 and they have nothing on a the vvt-i V8 stock. Feels like a totally different car.

Anyways, here's the KBB for all the options on my 98 sc 400 with 87k miles in "good" condition. I'm the second owner with all records from the Lex dealership. It was previously owned by a doctor, never smoked in.

Kbb=$10,095
Kbb link:

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pric...uizConditions=
If someone is going to drop $10k on a 290hp car its not going to be a used SC400, sorry but its the sad truth, but hey its up to you if you wanna try but dont get your hopes up. Also KBB has my car valued at $7k............which I would NEVER get for it, dont basis everything off of KBB. If I'm going to spend $10k on a car I would much rather get a Subie or something along those lines.
Old 04-08-09, 10:44 PM
roxanne
Pole Position

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
.....could have said eggplant. Nobody gonna defend an eggplant. You got something on eggplant status, you're ridin' dirty.

...or fruit log. Damn, hold on...... I wouldn't put anything on fruit log status.
Wtf lol..I think someone's in their own little world
Old 04-08-09, 11:03 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess I should sell my car now..
Old 04-08-09, 11:44 PM
SoarerAZ
Pole Position

a) An SCx00 is an old car - period. People with both good and bad taste will mod them. I've seen beautifully modded SC's on this and other forums, and I've seen plenty that make me throw up in my mouth. It happens. The same can be said about older/new civics. There will ALWAYS be crap civics, and there will be clean, respectfully modded well performing civics. Get over the civic complex.

...ever seen a poorly modded G35? I know I have.

b) You obviously need to get rid of your SC and get a G. There's plenty of great aftermarket support for the Z/G cars, they're great cars. The G to SC ratio far favors us SC guys though. Our cars maybe outdated and designed TODAY...but they are still quite rare on the streets, period.

c) In the end, what matters is what makes YOU - the driver happy when you look at the driveway or garage. The fact that you're basing some of your opinion on what women will view shows there's some maturing left to do. Who cares if that chick laughed when she said 'civic'. Not everyone gets to roll around in Benzes, BMW's - whatever. This is life.

...and trust me. The SC isn't losing anything. I've been in the tuner scene nearly 10 years...fads/cars come and go. The SC has always been a very well grounded and respectable platform for investment. It presents a challenge and an extremely rewarding result when invested into properly. Many will try...few will come out in the end with a properly modded SC.
Old 04-08-09, 11:59 PM
$loJam
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sup2jzgte
If someone is going to drop $10k on a 290hp car its not going to be a used SC400, sorry but its the sad truth, but hey its up to you if you wanna try but dont get your hopes up. Also KBB has my car valued at $7k............which I would NEVER get for it, dont basis everything off of KBB. If I'm going to spend $10k on a car I would much rather get a Subie or something along those lines.

You left out the better part, 300 tque. 0-60 in 6.2 If you've never driven one then you wouldn't know. Actually, $10k is a steal for a vvt-i 290/300. The reason I would and will get it is b/c 98+ sc 4's in black interior are fairly rare. Also, the car is mint and was purchased from the original owner who leased it for 5 yrs and then bought it. I challenge you to even find me a 98+ SC 400 with black interior with all available options, 2nd owner, under 90k miles, all Lex Dealership maint records for less than $10,000. Almost impossible.

The reason I'm hesitant on getting a g35 is b/c the specs don't even match up with my 98 sc 4. The torque and hp on a g35 is less than the vvti- V8, granted our cars are heavier. Also, I get better mpg than a g35. G35's average like 17-18 mpg city as where I'm getting 21-22 mpg city in a V8!

Last edited by $loJam; 04-09-09 at 12:15 AM.
Old 04-09-09, 12:09 AM
$loJam
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SoarerAZ
a) An SCx00 is an old car - period. People with both good and bad taste will mod them. I've seen beautifully modded SC's on this and other forums, and I've seen plenty that make me throw up in my mouth. It happens. The same can be said about older/new civics. There will ALWAYS be crap civics, and there will be clean, respectfully modded well performing civics. Get over the civic complex.

...ever seen a poorly modded G35? I know I have.

b) You obviously need to get rid of your SC and get a G. There's plenty of great aftermarket support for the Z/G cars, they're great cars. The G to SC ratio far favors us SC guys though. Our cars maybe outdated and designed TODAY...but they are still quite rare on the streets, period.

c) In the end, what matters is what makes YOU - the driver happy when you look at the driveway or garage. The fact that you're basing some of your opinion on what women will view shows there's some maturing left to do. Who cares if that chick laughed when she said 'civic'. Not everyone gets to roll around in Benzes, BMW's - whatever. This is life.

...and trust me. The SC isn't losing anything. I've been in the tuner scene nearly 10 years...fads/cars come and go. The SC has always been a very well grounded and respectable platform for investment. It presents a challenge and an extremely rewarding result when invested into properly. Many will try...few will come out in the end with a properly modded SC.

Good points. If you look at the title of this thread I didn't say our SC's are cheese, I'm presenting the question to the group so we can discuss whether anyone thinks our cars are becoming outdated and worthless. Everybody has their opinions and I wanted to find out how other members feel. The reason I started the thread is b/c I've been hearing some negativity about our cars and seeing people disrespect our cars by ricing them out at higher levels than ever (which is their business).

Quick Reply: Is the SC delegated to Cheese Status Now?