SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Is the SC delegated to Cheese Status Now?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-09, 12:06 PM
rpx13
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by $loJam
Bad example. That's not that bad looking.

All of the bad examples you presented suck, I would rock all of those over the degraded SC's mentioned above. The Supra WILL be a classic, the SC will not.
that is a knock off, fiberglass, front fascia....shows u how much you know...
Old 04-09-09, 12:07 PM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

I agree with you, this is why my next car will be a Mercedes SL500, because mommy and daddy will never buy/give their 17 year old kid such a car, therefore you will never see a riced out SL500. This is why I bought a SC300, because I have never seen one riced out when I purchased one, people like that make respect for our cars fade away lowering the value of our cars.
Old 04-09-09, 12:11 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

OP: Sell your car to someone who will appreciate it/thread.
Old 04-09-09, 12:22 PM
Enigma8246
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Luxor
people like that make respect for our cars fade away lowering the value of our cars.
I don't understand this line of thought. I have seen Civics fixed up right and i don't think "nice car but i would never have a civic because some people rice them out." I think "wow, someone put a lot of work and effort into that and came out with a clean, good looking car."

The engine and classic looks of the SC have already gotten it a ton of respect. Who cares if someone else rices out their car? Make your stuff clean and let everyone laugh at the ricers.
Old 04-09-09, 12:33 PM
Jeembo
Lexus Test Driver

Corvette batmobile:

Corvette spaceship:

I actually thought the dune buggy was a cool idea. But just for you...

Porsche dune buggies:

Last edited by Jeembo; 04-09-09 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-09-09, 12:38 PM
djb5118
Lead Lap

I'll take that any day over the SC bat mobile or the SC spaceship and SC dune buggy.
how about a corvette 4x4?

Old 04-09-09, 01:05 PM
bangdangvn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the corvette space ship looks mean in the front. diggin the alien paint too. haha
Old 04-09-09, 01:06 PM
Levistey0
Lead Lap

The body lines of the SC is timeless man! I've surprised people by telling them my car is a 1992.

Don't believe the hype man! Let everyone say that the SC is "played."

Like what you like, not what everyone else thinks is cool at the time.

I've seen some SC's that look nicer than some exotics. Why? because it's classic as well as classy. Though the high-end cars scream, 'look at me, I'm a Baller'. The SC says 'You can pay attention to me if you want, either way I'm Classy!"

Love your SC man, your opinion is the only one the matters!
Old 04-09-09, 01:49 PM
SoarerAZ
Pole Position

I agree with you, this is why my next car will be a Mercedes SL500, because mommy and daddy will never buy/give their 17 year old kid such a car, therefore you will never see a riced out SL500. This is why I bought a SC300, because I have never seen one riced out when I purchased one, people like that make respect for our cars fade away lowering the value of our cars.
Luxor,

Do you live near/around Gilbert by chance? I swear I saw your white SC coming North on Lindsay just past Elliot roughly two days ago. I thought to myself, "Dayum, that's one clean SC - wonder who owns it?"
Old 04-09-09, 01:58 PM
J:M
Pole Position

I think we need to stop bashing on each other and just state our opinion. I've been wanting an SC since 1997, took me 10 years to get one. I'm not tired of it and won't be for a while. What I'm looking forward to is all these JUNK SCs that I see all around the Bay Area to finally meet it's maker and end up in the junker. Sooner they get there, sooner our cars become "classic", whatever your definition of it is. If all that we have left on the street are the SCs that were carefully taken care of and/or modded, it would be awesome. The ration of Junk SCs to Nice SCs in my area are 4:1. I'm in Oakland/San Jose, CA. You see the SC's here, they're either owned by some nice older Asian person who's running their car to the ground or owned by the nice drug dealers, raised on 26s and 6 1/2" speakers in their front grill bumping the latest Bay Area rap CD, dreads hanging out and everything. Look up "Oakland Scraper" in Google, and look it up. As you can see Scrapers can be ANY CAR including BICYCLES. You can't really say, oh, I can't buy Huffy's now as they may be looked down upon as being cheesy. To each their own.

Scraper

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/search/s...k=max&hasPic=1

Girls definitely have an opinion on cars, and usually it's what emblem is on it. If they see a Hyundai Tiburon and they think it's cute, they usually lose that opinion once they hear the dreaded "H" word. Wether that detracts you from liking your car or not show what type of character you are. Right?

They used to turn heads in stock form. Check out NAS's old video where he is cruising in the hood in a SC 400. My last SC I didn't add wheels untill 2004 and I had the car since 2000. From 2000 to 2004, b4 I added wheels mind you, I got beaucoup compliments on my Silver Spruce Sc 300. I had girls walking up to me asking me what my car was, thinking it was a new model and telling me how awesome it was, and I had the ugly 15" steel sc 300 stocker wheels on. When I lived in South FL I had people staring at my car and asking me to roll down my window to ask about my car.
I have to throw this in there. If you're using a "NAS" example, no bueno bro. Nas and DMX was also driving in a Dodge Intrepid in "Belly". Nissan Maximas were big during the 90s, they were in 2Pac's I get around video. That car was the "it" car to steal in "Menace II Soceity." The SC430 was in the Montel Jordan, "Get It On Tonight." What does this all mean? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. You make your car as sick as possible and people will give you props for it. If you let it go to crap, or you do a bunch of novelty things like, neon lighting everywhere or putting a PS2 in the glove compartment and have it there in 2009, bad look bro. People will never tire of putting 1JZ/2JZ/turbo's/new leatherseats/suede headliners in their SCs, because it's not a novelty. Don't be mad that others dont' care about their SCs, just focus on yours and you'll be OK.

Dude our car was the shizzle now it's the fizzle. g35 upgrade time boyz.
Maybe your car, not mine patna.

Last edited by J:M; 04-09-09 at 02:20 PM.
Old 04-09-09, 04:02 PM
BigLSC4
Driver

Originally Posted by pogoism9
Even the 260/270 of the 95-96
The 96-97 have 260/270. I have a 95 SC4 and it has 250/260
Old 04-09-09, 04:08 PM
texan_176
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

The SC will become a "Cheese car" for a while but then it will see a resurgence as a modern classic. Right now prices are just very low on all cars. There are few stock SCs that are worth even more than 10 grand these days. That price puts it in the price range of high school kids who will trash it or wrap it around a telephone pole, made in china JDM car guys that will ruin it with stupid modifications, and people who just want transportation from A to B so it will sit out in the sun/rain/snow to die from rust/fade/trashed interior.

Once enough of these cars die off and the parts availability becomes very difficult most people will jump ship and pretty much all but a few cars will survive. Insurance companies will also total out many SCs for minor collisions and a majority of people do not want to mess with buying the car back, hunting parts, and rebuilding it; they just want a check to buy another car. If the airbags deploy in an SC for any reason I would say 9 out of 10 times it will be totalled out.

At some point in the future only die hard enthusiasts will own one and most will be well kept.

You need only look to cars like old (pre 1980s) Mustang and Camaro or the old VW bugs as this being the case. When new those cars were nothing special. In fact, they were affordable cars for the normal person. In the 80s there were seas of junkers everywhere. Now you hardly see them and the ones you do see are well cared for.

Regardless of the "I will always keep mine" thinking many people have on this board I doubt that a very few will keep them well into the future. Stuff like school, job loss, change in career, starting a business, business going broke, accidents, marriage, birth of a child, death in the family, buying a house, etc....just life.....changes ones' priorities and in the end it is just a car. I know...I know...that's bait for flaming but it's true.
Old 04-09-09, 04:15 PM
21ce
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeembo
Corvette batmobile:

Corvette spaceship:

I actually thought the dune buggy was a cool idea. But just for you...

Porsche dune buggies:

The OP was just served!
A few people have said it time and time again... When a nice car becomes dirt cheap, it hits a certain crowd that can afford it... A Supra will not drop to the prices of the SC ANY time soon... by that time it will be a classic car which will only increase the price. don't think our cars will ever hit that vintage age...
Old 04-09-09, 05:33 PM
ill roller
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nope, never.....

Old 04-09-09, 05:46 PM
lfrers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL
Dude there are SCs and there are done right SCs.
If you know what I mean.

Quick Reply: Is the SC delegated to Cheese Status Now?