SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Is the SC delegated to Cheese Status Now?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-09, 06:24 PM
RANDY P
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
My husband drifts the hell outa this car, and i love it and support it in every way... Its clean, well maintained... Why do you cry so much?

Oh and PS, saying you have Custom "Wheelz" already throws you in the cheese category
This car is one of the ones I saved a pic on when I started my research for mods on mine.

It's a bad ride, kudos.

rjp

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-10-09 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Watch your language please.
Old 04-10-09, 06:29 PM
HeisLegend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Theres something wrong w/ the sc being a drift car?

Well slap me and call me tuggle bunnies.
I got the SC to get away from the 240 hype. I like it so far....a bit heavy, but it'll do.
Old 04-10-09, 08:28 PM
$loJam
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryeno

$loJam your one to talk about cars being "cheese" look ar your own ride. Blue backlight with green needles. A ricer dash thats been chopped out to put a tv and ps2 into. I think your steering wheel doesnt even match the interior. It's like some pimp my rides creation. Honestly if you hate your sc so much take Jeembo advice and move onto the next flavor of the month. I personally actually realize what the sc is, not some regular lexus that you can disgard once the new edition comes out. But a powerful 2jz machine that can compete with the worlds best exotics. Isnt it funny how you list all these show mods, yet you have no go mods? Thats pretty ricer in my book.
Dude, what r u talking about? lol First off, the signature is a pic of my former sc300 with Lextech needles and bckgrd light, so go diss Lextech lighting.

My dash isnt chopped up, actually not one thing has been altered. I only have a 7 lcd, slim ps2 in glove box and a tv tuner underthe seat, and a film type tv antenna. I only put those in for functional use, you can't see them from the outside. I actually use my tv to keep up with basketball games or sports when im out or on break at work. I can take out everything tomorrow and there will not be so much as a scratch from my setup.

This is my 98 sc 400 with black interior that you wish you had instead of your old azz 92 pos with doo doo tan interior (that everybody else has) that was probaly owned by 4 familes. Why add turbos and intakes and all the bs so you can kill people on the roads or get speeding tickets for a pos heavy luxo cruiser that aint worth the wheels it sits on (your ride)? The ignorance needs to stop people. Kudos to those of you who contributed intelligent points to this discussion.

Last edited by $loJam; 04-10-09 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-10-09, 08:32 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
My husband drifts the hell outa this car, and i love it and support it in every way... Its clean, well maintained... Why do you cry so much?

that's a nice SC!

this thread is funny
Old 04-10-09, 08:38 PM
SC_coupe
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

you wish you had instead of your old azz 92 pos with oo doo tan interior (that everybody else has) that was probaly owned by 4 familes.
I take great pride in ownership of my 1992 with tan interior.

I only have a 7 lcd, slim ps2 in glove box and a tv tuner underthe seat, and a film type tv antenna.
I have a Sony 52" HDTV. It is in my living room where a TV belongs. I enjoy actually driving my SC.

Your SC is at the end of it's run because you're worried about image. Sell your SC and gtfo.......
+1. Love the SC for what it is.

Last edited by SC_coupe; 04-10-09 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-10-09, 08:43 PM
RANDY P
Driver

Screw the image and popular opinion, what are we? 12 y/o girls? Real man don't bow to trends.

rjp
Old 04-10-09, 08:46 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by SC_coupe

I have a Sony 52" HDTV. It is in my living room where a TV belongs. I enjoy actually driving my SC.

Agreed... I prefer the tan over black interior any day of the week. You're really not making yourself too welcome here, $loJam
Old 04-10-09, 08:53 PM
$loJam
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SC_coupe

I'm happy for you!lol I personally hate tan leather and never owned a vehicle with tan interior in my life and never will and I will never own a car with "rental car" white. There are cats in here that are going to great legnths to "convert" their interior to black, even going as far as spray painting it black.----->That should fall under the rice category, at least IMO.

Actually the first SC, or Soarer, had a tv in it built from the factory. Here's a pic.

Personally, I like to watch DVD music vids and catch a sports game when I'm away from home. There is nothing ricey about that.
Now Tv's in headrests are ricey and very 90's.

Last edited by $loJam; 04-10-09 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-10-09, 09:01 PM
$loJam
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TRD_Power
Agreed... I prefer the tan over black interior any day of the week. You're really not making yourself too welcome here, $loJam

Dude, homeboy called my ride out and attempted to flame me. I happily returned the sentiment. I was not trying to diss other members here. As I stated in the beginning of the thread, this thread was not created to ignite flaming or disrespect to other members.
I've owned an SC for 9 years and actually was an OG member here under a different nick.

Last edited by $loJam; 04-10-09 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-10-09, 09:05 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

This thread is cheese...
If you stop posting, it will die.
**seppoku**
Old 04-10-09, 09:11 PM
SC_coupe
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

DPW is far from rental car white. Either you need glasses or don't have the first idea about paint. I find it funny how you accuse other of being ignorant in your previous posts. I'm done with this thread, I'm sure it will be locked soon enough.
Old 04-10-09, 09:19 PM
$loJam
Pole Position

I just don't like white cars, whether that be white pearl, glossy white, aztec white, glacier white (they're all rental car white in my book) but hey that's just my personal taste. If the personal disrespect would stop there shouldn't be a need to lock this thread. I have a feeling that all of the ricers hate this thread, sorry peeps, like I said I didn't call anyone's name out. You give respect you get respect.

I think some very good points were made in this thread from people who respected other members' opinions. Respect mine, that's all I ask.

Last edited by $loJam; 04-10-09 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-10-09, 09:24 PM
$loJam
Pole Position

Originally Posted by texan_176
The SC will become a "Cheese car" for a while but then it will see a resurgence as a modern classic. Right now prices are just very low on all cars. There are few stock SCs that are worth even more than 10 grand these days. That price puts it in the price range of high school kids who will trash it or wrap it around a telephone pole, made in china JDM car guys that will ruin it with stupid modifications, and people who just want transportation from A to B so it will sit out in the sun/rain/snow to die from rust/fade/trashed interior.

Once enough of these cars die off and the parts availability becomes very difficult most people will jump ship and pretty much all but a few cars will survive. Insurance companies will also total out many SCs for minor collisions and a majority of people do not want to mess with buying the car back, hunting parts, and rebuilding it; they just want a check to buy another car. If the airbags deploy in an SC for any reason I would say 9 out of 10 times it will be totalled out.

At some point in the future only die hard enthusiasts will own one and most will be well kept.

You need only look to cars like old (pre 1980s) Mustang and Camaro or the old VW bugs as this being the case. When new those cars were nothing special. In fact, they were affordable cars for the normal person. In the 80s there were seas of junkers everywhere. Now you hardly see them and the ones you do see are well cared for.

Regardless of the "I will always keep mine" thinking many people have on this board I doubt that a very few will keep them well into the future. Stuff like school, job loss, change in career, starting a business, business going broke, accidents, marriage, birth of a child, death in the family, buying a house, etc....just life.....changes ones' priorities and in the end it is just a car. I know...I know...that's bait for flaming but it's true.

I think this has to be one of the best points made in this thread. Beautifully spoken and intelligently conveyed!
Old 04-10-09, 11:08 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Rental car white? I'm an OG gangsta. LMAO. Where do you get this stuff from?
Originally Posted by $loJam
I've owned an SC for 9 years and actually was an OG member here under a different nick.
So what your saying is your bought the car sololy because it was a lexus and now thats its "not new" anymore its not cool in your books. Your dissing yourself. I would rather buy the sc thats cheaper nowadays because i like the car rather then buying it back in the day because it was a lexus.
Old 04-10-09, 11:09 PM
bangdangvn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RICE= RACING INSPIRED COSMETIC ENHANCEMENT, No? haha. if you don't like the SC anymore, it is cool. It's your car, your opinion so just go buy that AMG instead of the G35 IMO. It's an upgrade from a SC

Quick Reply: Is the SC delegated to Cheese Status Now?